DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bacon brings me joy <3

Leelou

Bacon is such a delectable cured meat that comes from the back or sides of an adorable pig. You would be surprised with how versatile bacon is. It’s used in the traditional way as food, bacon flavored vodka, bacon decorations and bacon art!

Bacon is a great source of protein and adds flavor to the most basic and dull meals. I could eat it all day. It’s so amazing in abundance, all that delicious smokey flavored, slathered in grease. It’s been recommended that you have at least 7 to 10 pieces at a time as a minimum serving and can eat up to a pound per serving. Some of my favorite ways to incorporate bacon into my meals are bacon wrapped steak, bacon mac & cheese, bacon grilled cheese and bacon wrapped scallops. You can even get crafty and make an edible bowl out of bacon. I love putting my mac & cheese or salad in the bowl to add flavor and then no mess to clean up since the bowl is part of the meal. Who doesn’t love salad slathered in bacon? I decided to try the bacon salad dressing, and let me tell you, it doesn’t disappoint.

I’m a big fan of vodka and was incredibly excited when they came out with bacon flavored vodka. So now with my bacon wrapped steak, I can have a bacon martini and follow that up with a serving of bacon ice cream. Best. Meal. Ever.

I’ve branched out with my love of bacon and found bacon art. Can you believe it? Bacon art. In my living room, I have a copy of Edvar Munch’s the scream in bacon displayed proudly over my couch. Everyone who comes over loves it and asked where they can get a copy for their house.

I hope someone *coughVerbalcough* sends me some bacon roses ;-) Those are my absolute favorite flower. They never wilt, give off an amazing aroma and are a tasty snack. Getting them sent to me would make my weekend.

I <3 bacon! 

Archived