A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How I Met Your Mother - Final Season [Possible SPOILERS]

SBoydW

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS RING BEAR

I actually saw that coming. I'm still kind of thinking Barney was just screwing with them. :tongue:

How many episodes behind are you? The bear is more or less confirmed. Like 99%.

I actually just caught up yesterday.

But I was referring to the end of the 'truth' episode.

I 100% saw the 'fakeout' coming a mile away. And yea, we knew barney's been messing with that idea all season.

And about the next one, we finally understood what Barney worked!!! Please...

Huh?

Barney works

PLEASE (Provide Legal Exculpation And Sign Everything) :biggrin:

I liked the last episode How your Mother met me, despite not really meeting Ted. It was moving  and made me sad a bit - how close they've been all the time.

The show has been called How I Met Your Mother for 9 seasons and Ted hasn't met her yet either, you thought they'd give her one episode and that's when they'd meet?  Nah... it was just to give background on how she got to where he is, just like the last nine seasons have been background for Ted and how he ended up where she is. I got a feeling they're meeting won't be until almost the end, if not the last episode, seeing as how they've been giving us flash forward scenes for a chunk of this season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You mean Ted's mom right?

edit: oh you mean his wife. Hmmm maybe.

I'd have to go with Ted's mom not being able to make it due to death.

The scene implies an old wound not a new one.

The wife makes a comment about worrying about him living through his stories and then the whole crying thing when he mentions a mother not being there at a daughters wedding.  I suppose it could be about Ted's mom but at this point in the story Ted is already married, for some time.  It doesn't fit that he would be that upset years later.  Just my thoughts.  Wouldn't be surprised if I read the situation wrong.

Besides they were talking about a mother not being there for her daughters wedding. That would mean Ted's daughters wedding which implies his wife.

I don't think its going to be as simple as that.

Ted's living his life, through his story's.

It could just as easily be, that he never actually met their mother, and those children don't exist. (Think Rosanne)

Given what we know about the mother, It's possible suicide may have happened, and that entire scene with them talking was ted imagining his wife was there.

Ted could have dementia/alzheimer's, and he may not be there for his daughters wedding.

Besides they were talking about a mother not being there for her daughters wedding. That would mean Ted's daughters wedding which implies his wife.

It could just as easily be, that he never actually met their mother, and those children don't exist. (Think Rosanne)

Given what we know about the mother, It's possible suicide may have happened, and that entire scene with them talking was ted imagining his wife was there.

Ted could have dementia/alzheimer's, and he may not be there for his daughters wedding.

No way the show goes that dark. It is a rom-com after all... Not a dramatic tragedy.

That's what I thought too.

While I realize we are all just guessing and that it could be we are entirely wrong,  think this is a major stretch.  It just doesn't fit in to the feel of the show. 

Ted, after searching for the love of his life for so many years and having all these failures finally finds her and lives happily ever after, until she passes on, and he passes on the story to the kids.  It is approriately tragic for Ted's character with out being morbidly so. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived