DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ascension RP Planning Thread

Quibby

Pardon the random capitalizations.  This computer is not exactly high on the intelligence scale, apparently.

I'm looking for a few good men and women to help me with an eight-part RP.  Specifically, I'm looking for people to play Children of the Light, Darkfriends, mercenaries, and a couple of villagers.  This roleplay is central to the Development of my main character, Mehrin Mahrvon, and its ending will have a long-lasting impact on the character's future.  Given the way the character has played over the years, the writing will involve combat RPing, conversation RPing, and a fair bit of humoristic RPing.  Basic outline is as follows.

1. Ayrik, a Dreadlord and Mehrin's Brother, sets the Children of the Light, a mercenary band, and a Group of Darkfriends on Mehrin.

2. Mehrin begins hearing rumors about the Children looking for somebody who looks like him.  Group of villagers tries to capture him.

3. First run-in With the Mercenaries.  Small Group ambushes Mehrin.  Short fight ensues.  Mehrin questions Survivor.

4. First run-in With Whitecloaks.  Mehrin stumbles into a Group who hold him and question him.  Mehrin released moments before the man in charge is informed of the desire to capture Mehrin.  Mehrin flees.

5. First run-in With Darkfriends.  One attempts to murder Mehrin in his sleep.  Mehrin pummels Darkfriend, then holds them out the window and asks questions.

6. Injured in an ambush by the Mercenaries, who are in turn ambushed by the Children, Mehrin is rescued by Janine, an Aes Sedai.  Conversation takes Place at Janine's cabin.

7. Darkfriends and Mercenaries attempt to Catch Mehrin in Caemlyn.  Bungle into each other.  Hilarity ensues.

8. Confrontation with members of all Three Groups pursuing Mehrin.

Anybody out there interested?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, capitalization on this damned computer is weird.

In one of my fits of cliche, I gave Mehrin a twin Brother who became a Dreadlord.  That makes the NPC Darkfriends easy to come by.  Being a Dreadlord, Money is easy enough to come by, if you kill enough People.  That's how the Mercenaries get into the Picture.  The Whitecloaks are the only sticking question, as I'm sure that they don't go out of their way to track Down every person accused of being a Darkfriend.  However, I handwave it in my head by telling myself that due to his past as the Commander of the largest mercenary army on the continent (The Band of the Red Hand), he's famous enough to be a high-profile Catch.

Basically, all these People are going to be after him because the evil twin Brother becomes stupid when it comes to being dramatic instead of being practical.  The end result is going to be him having that fact thrown in his face when the Whole plan collapses into the biggest backfire in the history of poorly-made plans.

EDIT: The Dreadlord's motivation is that he feels that destroying Mehrin will somehow be a crippling blow to the Light, and he is suffering a slight touch of the Taint from before he was granted protection; he actually believes that the Dark One ordered him to kill Mehrin.

As a further note, I created the Dreadlord character as a way to play With the idea of how a fiendish plan is often the least practical way to get something done.

Not sure how much of a response you'll get from the Children since they're leaderless at moment and didn't have huge number of active members. Excepting Arinth of course. Any Children who do participate will get credit in one form or another. I'll award it myself until such time as a new RGL is appointed.

Looks fun. Given it's a fairly substantial Inter Group RP, consider it Admin approved just to save you some time.

Sorry, had a typo in my first post.

I can make a TPC for any of the three groups chasing. I'm flexible so I could fill in any spots other people aren't interested in.

Claire stirred up interest in the children before she started having trouble signing in. There may be some CoL around if there is something to do. If not I can write up a TPC if that is ok with the powers that be.

That's the bad thing about being ancient: eventually, the higher-ups start to catch on to how much murder you've been committing behind the scenes.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, in theory this could be done with two or three extra writers.  If Sherper is willing to write the part of the CotL characters involvement and Arinth the mercenaries, we can make do with that.  Another writer to be in charge of the Darkfriends would be nice, but not necessary.  Is there somebody out there who wants to write the Darkfriends?

And you know... the Children of the Light also has darkfriends in high places, so that means basically they can send an order for Mehrin's arrest, and Ackley would just be following orders.

Also, since I made Ackley to be the cuddly type of Children, and not the stabby 'I'm going to poke your eyes out for fun' type. You could technically be able to convince him at one point in your chase that you're not a darkfriend, and that you're actually being hunted by darkfriends. If that's an avenue you'd like to go down and explore, then it should be that the Children of the Light faction in the RP be made the smallest contingent of the three. (Aprox only 20 men.)

The idea is that Children would provide a unique challenge that would actually make the combat sections involving them more dangerous for Mehrin.  The character is a WS 20, which means that straight-up fights with the average fighter are a foregone conclusion.  However, Mehrin has nothing against the Children; he doesn't always agree with their methods, but they have done nothing to him.  That means that, in a fight, he will be working to incapacitate Children with as little damage as possible.

However, I would like to incorporate your suggestion into the last RP.  The end result of that one will be a tale that Mehrin defeated one hundred men by himself.  Part of that I'm handwaving as the pursuing Children stop short of him due to the company commander realizing that he's about to run into a trap.  I like the added idea of, "Wait, wait, wait...  Just what has this guy done to harm us?"

Actually, yes I am full of them.  After a certain amount of time with a character, all you have left are cliches.

I just need to clear some things first, and I'll have the prologue up as soon as I do.

I hav an arbiter in the hand of the light that cuold play role in questioning, if thatts helpful. hes the zealous sort, see evill, kill evil, and wil think most people are guilty befoer even proven so but sort of onlly if he has som subtantial amount of evidencce (so just doesnnt automaticaly asume someone is a darkfrind becuse of a few peoples anecdotes). this wuold be first online intergruop roleplay i ever did though, but if inexperince shouldnt be too much issue, Im all in

• 1 month later...

Yeah.  I was attempting NaNoWriMo, then I sliced up my left hand pretty well.  Basically, my fingers have been otherwise occupied.  Should hopefully have the prologue post up and finished before the end of the week.

*chuckles* probably not the safest course of action to be taking with your newly resurrected character - sticking close to Mehrin.

Well, considering the bloody thirsty dark friends, the ruthless mercenaries and the fanatic Children of the Light that will be hunting him. You sure you -really- want to be doing that?