DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Beautiful Game (everything soccer)

Nyanna al'Meara

And Manchester City have fallen! Chelsea are the first team to defeat City at home. Arsenal sit atop the table, 2 points clear of City and Chelsea. However, Arsenal have a tough schedule coming up.

How City bounce back from this defeat could determine the title. Before this match they seemed unstoppable but they showed a lot of their previous weaknesses in this game. A great game by the Chelsea, but it's the ability to win when they're not playing that well which might bring them the title. Arsenal have been brilliant against the low and mid level teams, though, they also beat Spurs and Liverpool, but now they need to get the better City and Chelsea. I'm just praying Giroud doesn't injure himself.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they must have been smoking something before the game, because I have never, ever, seen such a pathetic 20 min from Arsenal. One of the ugliest performances I've ever seen. Ozil needs to start living up to his price tag too. It's a good thing City failed to beat Norwich, because I still feel like Chelsea will stumble before the end.

Position

Team

Played

GoalDifference

View full table

Chelsea

Arsenal

Man City

Liverpool

Tottenham

Everton

Man Utd

Newcastle

Southampton

Swansea

Hull

Aston Villa

Stoke

Crystal Palace

West Ham

Norwich

Sunderland

West Brom

Cardiff

Fulham

• 3 weeks later...

Man u just been spanked in greece, by olympiakos, things going from bad to worse for the manks. Moyse has no tactical awareness, his Everton teams were built with team work and giving 110% together with quality players it worked pretty well. But note he never won away at man u, arsenal, chelsea or liverpool because he always set up not to get beat than win the game. Now hes at man u were hes expected to win every game he is being found that once plan a fails he has no plan b. Best thing he ever did was leave Everton and give us Roberto Martinez, now theres a manager.

You don't need to beat the big guys to win the league, you just need to beat all the little guys. And Arsenal are very good at beating the little guys, just like Man U last year. Besides nearly everyone loses in City

Also excluding their defeats against City and Liverpool, Arsenal have only conceeded 16 goals in 25 games. Chelsea are limited without Hazard's brilliance, whereas Arsenal have been able to pretty much switch anyone out, except for Giroud, with little drop in level. I find City more dangerous than Chelsea.

All true, but arsenal still have to play top 7 barring man u and near the end of the season even games against lesser teams are big games, with high pressure. With ozil' drop in form and ramsey out i dont think there as strong as the beginning of the season when they stole a march on the rest and city and chelsea were just getting started. I think arsenal have lost a bit of momentum, i still think they'll win the games their expected to win but, i wouldnt be suprised if they started drawing against teams they would of beat earlier in the season, away from home certainly. I think city and chelsea will both finish above them, and even though it pains me to say maybe liverpool.

Well, frankly Ozil has been underperforming for a while now. Ramsey should be back soon I believe. Arsenal still have to play Everton, Tottenham, Chelsea and City. I'm not too worried about spurs (sorry Lilbaz), but Everton will be tough. I think if Arsenal win 2 of these 4 games they'll be champions. Every time they've suffered a bad loss this season, they've bounced back. And City and Chelsea have some tough games left too so...we'll see.

O yeah forgot they beat the kopites at home.

Disagree, still think Arsenal will fall short but got to say what a league this season. Top and bottom, with the bottom even more tense than ever, hope it all goes to the wire. Imagine a 3 maybe 4 way title decider in the last day its posible. It could be a crazy last day at the bottom not even gonna guess how many teams will be involved. This year should be even better than 2 years ago for drama.

Other player a wanker for throwing head in, vertongen might have gone down like he had been sparked by tyson , but violent conduct is straight red everytime.

You get caught you go.

Agree with that. Just think that the over acting that has infected our game is a shame.

There was an english rugby player last year. During a scrum an opposition player grabbed and ripped his balls. His testicle was hanging half down his leg and his shorts were covered in blood. He played on for another 20 minutes and didn't say a word. After the game they had to cut his ball off. When asked why he didn't say anything or come off he said he didn't want to let the team down.

That deserves respect. Diving or rolling on the floor for barely a touch doesn't.

Other player a wanker for throwing head in, vertongen might have gone down like he had been sparked by tyson , but violent conduct is straight red everytime.

You get caught you go.

Agree with that. Just think that the over acting that has infected our game is a shame.

There was an english rugby player last year. During a scrum an opposition player grabbed and ripped his balls. His testicle was hanging half down his leg and his shorts were covered in blood. He played on for another 20 minutes and didn't say a word. After the game they had to cut his ball off. When asked why he didn't say anything or come off he said he didn't want to let the team down.

That deserves respect. Diving or rolling on the floor for barely a touch doesn't.

No doubt your right. Thats why chico flores has been booed at every game since getting andy carroll sent off. But the contenental aproach of always trying to gain a advantage for your team has become part of the english game. The only way to stop it is for the fa to start taking retrospective action or referees to start sending players off for diving and over reacting, which is a murky pool to go swimming in, as only a player can say if he slipped, fell over or dived or how hurt he really is. But for those who grab hold of their heads when they were hit on the chest and start rolling around, they should have bans.

If they go down and roll about it's a health and safety issue. Should immediately go off the pitch and only be allowed bavk on when a independent doctor has given the all clear.

The team should be given an opportunity to make a substitution.

Soon cut it out.

Come on Everton v West Ham today. Come on blues lets get some points back.

EVER- TON, EVER- TON, EVER- TON.

Would like both teams to lose so have to settle for a draw. I like everton but you are way too close for comfort.

Archived