DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Non Spoilers]Game of Thrones Season Three

John E. Kelley

• Community Administrator

Emma was always older than me, so she was within limits all my childhood

Same (kinda) in the sense I'm not 10 years older than her. :wink:

Not far from the Olson twins either. But... they got weird. <_< (the oldest sister? Wow..... she got chunky, and played some really... well mean (another word I'd like to use...) roles. :wink:)

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and will smith is 44.

Ya, which is why I thought Ish was between smith and bean. :wink:

He didn't say he wasn't older than bean either....

he's younger than both.

ah, then apparently his math does suck. :wink:

Back in medieval ages and what not, people matured at a much younger age so not really all that surprising that they were 14 and 15 in the books.

Physical Maturity, we actually mature faster now, then back then.

Mental Maturity? That's a different bag of worms entirely. And mostly depends on how high or low you raise the bar.

To put it one way... If you were compare to that of a "bushman" (IE, one of those tribesmen out in Africa, as an example) then yea. they mature a lot faster. But the bar is set low enough, that maturity is basically defined by.. can you survive?

Back in medieval ages and what not, people matured at a much younger age so not really all that surprising that they were 14 and 15 in the books.

Mental Maturity? That's a different bag of worms entirely. And mostly depends on how high or low you raise the bar.

To put it one way... If you were compare to that of a "bushman" (IE, one of those tribesmen out in Africa, as an example) then yea. they mature a lot faster. But the bar is set low enough, that maturity is basically defined by.. can you survive?

I was referring more to things like marriage and what not. Explains why they're thrust into their situations and such a young age.

I was referring more to things like marriage and what not. Explains why they're thrust into their situations and such a young age.

That goes to physical maturity, and being able to bear children at that age. (which makes sense, back when, if the average life expectancy was sub 40, and 3 out of 5 children died.)

Archived