DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Zelda Wii U

Sunrise Lord

Speculate, discuss, whatever.

I've read various articles about this game and, of course, saw the trailer from E3 '11.  It seems that they're going with a super-upgraded version of SS graphics.  Which might work, but I much prefer TP-style.  Don't get me wrong, I liked the graphics of SS, but I'd very much rather cut grass that actually looks like a waving stalk of wheat than grass that just has the general outline.  That's just me.  And, they're supposed to make full use of the higher computing power of the Wii U (supposedly one of the reasons the U has such high power).  Now, a mix of TP and SS might not be that bad, but I still prefer TP. ;)  Apparently, the dungeons are gonna be massive--the size of Hyrule Field for one of them.  Hmmm.  That would make them bigger than Arbiter's Grounds?  No story info has been leaked, that I could find. 

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

I actually hope that they pass over the WiiU for a Zelda game. I don't want to buy a WiiU just for one game... which I will if it's Zelda. Which is why they WILL make one for WiiU :(

They've already announced that they are both remaking Wind Waker and working on a new Zelda game for the Wii U that will "rethink the conventions of Zelda, like having to do the dungeons in order and being single-player."

Remaking Wind Waker?  To be honest, I don't see the point, other than the Zelda creator loves the graphic style.

I don't know if they'll add any new content or just go with HD, better textures, and improved lighting. I hope they add the two extra dungeons they left out originally... I doubt it.

My guess as to the why.... Well, it'll make lots of $$$ for one, but two, it gives them a chance to experiment with Zelda mechanics on the Wii U hardware.

• 2 weeks later...

The announcement video I saw didn't specifically say that the new game was for WiiU (I think.). So I'll hold on to my vain hope. :P

Skyward Sword did look good, but I'm still a fam of the TP style. The Zelda tech demo was decent too, but I'd like LoZ to get a bit more gritty (at least in terms of graphics). I would love a remake of ALttP in the newer style. Where is THAT game? Screw a WW remake. (I know, a WW remake is a lot less work, but still :P )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

honestly, one of my favorite things about Zelda was piecing together the timeline. now that an official timeline exists, I'm kinda 'meh' about this one. I do not want to buy a WiiU just for zelda, and I wish we'd get off this super dumbed down version of Zelda that we've been heading for. Maybe I just don't like change, but SS's tutorial/intro was unbearably long (and unskip-able). Game was fine after that. I even liked the controls. They worked really well. Maybe a bit too happyhappy. I like depressing Zelda much more. OoT/MM hitting that note the best for me. The last thing I want is another happy Zelda game. Get a little creepy. Get a little insidious. And get sad. Quit letting me unfreeze "Zora's Domain" (*cough*TP) because when I didn't get to unfreeze it, it made me yearn to do it.

For some silly reason, I expect Zelda games to make me feel something. I want to feel that need to find everyone I can and play the Song of Healing for them. I want to feel that loss when not everyone can be saved within three days... or the separation when somehow 7 years have gone by in the blink of an eye and what was once happy, and peaceful is gone.

I'm probably just sentimental and nostalgic  :wink:  :tongue: But these new games just aren't doing it as well for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So regarding my earlier statement, apprently Mario Kart and Zelda is enough to get me to buy a WiiU :p. I did have enough patience to wait a for a discount bundle though..

Also, I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet so... 

I hadn't seen that vid yet. Looking way awesome, but I don't know what's taking so long. Production was under way when SS was released 4 years ago, plus they were considering showing it off at E3 but didn't. Now, we get the news it won't be at E3 this year either. But, this is the second, and definitely most detailed, gameplay footage we've seen.

Love the slo-mo when aiming the bow midair... Now we know what was going on in the first gameplay video we got. I thought the herd of horses was a nice touch too.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived