DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What was in Rand's letter from Tiana?

bigdoug1971

In TOM, when Rand went to the White Tower to face Egwene, he stopped along the way to speak with Siuan. While they were talking, Tiana approached and pulled a small letter with a red seal.

She said "This is for you". Rand asked "What is it"? Tiana replied "I promised to deliver it. I would have said no, but I never thought you'd actually come to...I mean..." then she cut herself off and walked away. Rand put the letter in his pocket and finished his conversation with Siuan.

Have we every found out what was in that letter? Or why Tiana delivered it?

@ yoniyo and @ terez do you people know that or are you speculating? I do not remember having read anything like that and if he had a tip off about Weiramon than what happened to that Lord of Maradon? he couldn't possibly be on any list and he was definitely a dark friend. Did I miss something?

First clue was when he lined them all up for no apparent reason. But this was the bigger clue:

"Meet my eyes, Weiramon," Rand said softly.

"My Lord Dragon, surely I am not worthy to—"

"Do it."

Weiramon did so with an odd difficulty. He looked as if he was gritting his teeth, his eyes watering.

"So it is you," Rand said. Min could feel his disappointment.

Particularly that last line. Weiramon's reaction merely confirmed what Rand had already been told, and obviously didn't want to believe.

Well, I think Terez explained the extent to which her comment was speculative. As to mine:

"A friend left me a secret," Rand said. "The White Tower collected Mattin Stepaneos to 'protect' him. Well, it wasn't too much of a leap to wonder if they might have done that with other monarchs. And if they sent sisters to Arad Doman to seize him months ago, before any of them knew of gateways, they could have gotten trapped in the snows on their return trip."

Just to note that Tiana was the rebel Mistress of Novices, and not Egwene's Keeper after the reunification. That is Silviana.

Verin's letters seem to be centered on important plots by the Shadow. She warned Mat or the Caemlyn invasion; sent Alanna to Arafel just before the Shadow sent its armies into the 3 Borderland kingdoms (Saldaea, Kandor, and Arafel). She left a note with Galad (maybe linked to uncle Luc, or half-brother Rand). Her note to Rand probably hinted at DF's that Rand kept close. And it seems that the idea of "securing" kings may have been a scheme that the BA pushed Elaida into carrying out to deprive said kingdoms of leadership, weakening them.

First clue was when he lined them all up for no apparent reason. But this was the bigger clue:

"Meet my eyes, Weiramon," Rand said softly.

"My Lord Dragon, surely I am not worthy to—"

"Do it."

Weiramon did so with an odd difficulty. He looked as if he was gritting his teeth, his eyes watering.

"So it is you," Rand said. Min could feel his disappointment.

Particularly that last line. Weiramon's reaction merely confirmed what Rand had already been told, and obviously didn't want to believe.

+1. what is more interesting here is that Verin apparently had no difficulty in ratting out Weiramon in her letter to Rand. She clearly gave Tiana the letter before she drank the poison (she only did it in Egwene's room)  and yet the oaths to the DO didn't prevent her from revealing Weramon's DF status. This agrees with what she told Egwene about those oaths. It also suggests that she didn't know where the Forsaken (other than Mesaana) were hiding. She said she could betray them and I'm sure she would tell Rand of Demandred's location, for example, if she knew it.

Archived