DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I Survived the Myan Apocalypse Thread!!

Red2111

though 12/21/12 has yet to make it to the USA, for some of you that isnt the case.

share with us how you prepared for and then "survived" the Myan Apocolypse and make sure to stop by the absuredly priced gift shop on your way out :tongue:

currently we have the following items in stock

i_survived_the_2012_apocalypse_button-p1

survived_the_apocalypse_white_button-p14

1101860.jpg

i_survived_the_mayan_apocalypse_2012_lig

i_survived_the_2012_apocalypse_t_shirt-r

i_survived_the_apocalypse_hat-p148512017

im_still_here_2012_organic_apocalypse_te

Apocalypse_PP_v1.jpg

I love how a misunderstanding becomes a big phenomena, the Mayans never said the end of their calendar would herald the end of the world, it is merely the passage between one tier of the calendar to the other, like when we went from 1999 to 2000, yes the date had a huge religious significance, and being a New Ager I believe and hope that allot of these special dates that pop up around these times will signify a shift where people will become less materialistic and more spiritual, however the idea that the end of the world was to come on the 21 of December 2012 was based on a mis translation done, and forgive me if I have the date wrong, sometimes in the 1950's. The Mayans never said that the world would end in 2012 but some parts of the New Age movement as well as the entertainment industry took this mis translation to heart and hyped it out of all proportions. No if our world will end it is because we slowly kill it with pollution, not due to the end of a 500 years old calendar.

Hag, this was a tongue and cheek thread. to poke fun at this latest "end of the world" craze.

personally, i was scared it would be super hyped like the Y2k bug, but i'm glad it wasn't. atleast not from what i saw anyways.

to celebrate surving though, we went to Red lobster, went and saw the Hobbit on fridy. we did a few other things, but i'll spare you the boring details :laugh:

Actually they got the date wrong. Christmas day was the real apocalypse. At least here anyway. :p We got a major winter storm and lost power. Still without power, but we're surviving and fighting the winter zombies.

Ozzie, are you implying that the DO is set to be freed from his cell at the end of this age :tongue:

edit - so everytime i think of the Myan apocolypse i think of this show i watched one time called Doomsday Preppers. it had this family that totally bought into the "end of world 2012" craze, so much so that they decided to buy loads of crap on credit with differred interest until 2013. like an entire houseload of crap. *smh*

Archived