DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Memory of Light: Brandon Sanderson's Tour

Just bumping this because Canadian dates have been added. It looks like Calgary has been cut. Sad news for all those in Alberta.

Feb 14th: Chapters Metrotown, Vancouver

Feb 15th: Bakka Books Toronto.

http://www.bakkaphoenixbooks.com/

Noooooooo, i was gonna go to Calgary

It has just been confirmed by Peter Ahlstrom. Calgary has indeed been cut.

Hey guys, I'm going to the signing in Charleston. I have a few questions because I've never been to a book signing before.

1. Do I have to bring my own book? I'm assuming I have to but I just want to make sure.

2. How many books can we get signed? I want to get 2 signed but it's not really a big deal if it's only one (and they'd both be copies of A Memory of Light).

Thanks!

Sorry about Calgary. They just couldn't fit it into the schedule.

Galium, there will be books for sale at the event in Charleston (even though it's at a library). Assuming you want to read the book as soon as possible, it will make the people hosting the event happy if you bought your book from the College of Charleston campus bookstore run by Barnes & Noble (and bring the receipt to the signing). But you can also bring your own book from home, though at some signings this means you get treated like a second-class citizen (you wait for everyone who bought it there to get theirs signed first). You can get as many books signed as you want, though personalizations will probably be limited to three books per time through the line.

Also note that the Charleston time has changed to 3:00 instead of 2:00.

Just bumping this because Canadian dates have been added. It looks like Calgary has been cut. Sad news for all those in Alberta.

Feb 14th: Chapters Metrotown, Vancouver

Feb 15th: Bakka Books Toronto.

http://www.bakkaphoenixbooks.com/

It looks like I'll be attending my first ever book signing event on February 15th!  Only a 2 hour drive from London, Ontario.

I just booked a room near the venue in New Hampshire.  Do we need tickets or anything for the signing itself?  I'm a newbie and have never been to a signing of this size.

Thanks

Every event (every bookstore) has their own rules. Some are ticketed. Some not. Some request(order) that your book be bought from them. This is more often true with small independent bookstores that stand to lose lots of money if everybody shows up with their books bought on Amazon.

The event doesn't seem to be listed yet so I guess you should call them for details.

Thank you, Olver.  I had a feeling it was individualized per venue, but I thought I would ask if anyone knew for sure.  I don't mind purchasing an extra book if I must (I will certainly have read the final book by February - heh), but I certainly don't want to make the 4 hour drive and pay for the accommodations at a hotel and not get my book signed.  I'm also looking forward to meeting other WoT fans.  I'm up to book 11 in my second complete read in preparation of the new book.

I will give the sponsoring bookstore a call as the event get closer. 

Thank you again for responding.

Donna

Thank you, Olver.  I had a feeling it was individualized per venue, but I thought I would ask if anyone knew for sure.  I don't mind purchasing an extra book if I must (I will certainly have read the final book by February - heh), but I certainly don't want to make the 4 hour drive and pay for the accommodations at a hotel and not get my book signed.  I'm also looking forward to meeting other WoT fans.  I'm up to book 11 in my second complete read in preparation of the new book.

I will give the sponsoring bookstore a call as the event get closer. 

Thank you again for responding.

Donna

No problem.  Hope you have lots of fun! :)

Archived