DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings

Aeryk

Greetings to all WoT fans. A friend recommended I read the WoT series years ago, but I only got my hands on the books recently during a deployment to Afghanistan. I have been reading the series straight through ever since (now on Winter's Heart). I found these forums a couple of months ago and lurked a bit before deciding to go ahead and join.

I participate in several medieval-ish hobbies and enjoy living the simple life while camping. Looking forward to sharing experiences with all of you.

Aeryk

Hiya! Welcome, welcome, welcome!!

I'm BB, glad you joined!! Feel free to PM me with any questions or queries. :)

What are these medieval hobbies you speak of?

Make sure you jump in to the social groups-they're great fun and there are some lovely people around here.

And if you fancy a bit of roleplay, then be sure to check out the roleplaying side of things.

Welcome to DM, Aeryk! You might want to avoid most of the boards till you have finished the series, if you don't want to run into spoilers. I'm sure you'll find plenty to entertain you until then, though :)

My additional hobbies include participation in the Society for Creative Anachronism (as an armoured fighter and occasional craftsman) and I am a semi-active member of the Middle Earth Rangers Forum (a group dedicated to Tolkien's rangers).

Within the WoT universe I am drawn to the Aiel and the Band based on the books. Still looking at the social groups. Thanks for the welcome.

The SCA uses rattan to simulate the weapons, but we are required a certain amount of armor and hit each other full strength. Some of the armor is more sport (provides needed protection but not historically accurate) as opposed to historical, but it's still a fun way to try some combat styles.

Archived