DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Halloween

bhskeeper11

This is not mine... I got it from someone I follow on Tumblr.

But it's funny and we should expand.

I HAVE A SUDDEN NEED FOR A WOT FANART WITH THE CHARACTERS DRESSING UP AS EACH OTHER FOR HALLOWEEN.

RAND, MAT, AND PERRIN EACH GO AS A DIFFERENT TA’VEREN AND FEEL EMPOWERED WITH THEIR NEW KNOWLEDGE OF WOMEN.

MOIRAINE AND SIUAN TRY TO GO AS ONE ANOTHER BUT REALIZE THAT THERE IS NO POINT IN TRADING BLUE CLOTHES FOR BLUE CLOTHES SO THEY JUST STAY HOME.

RAND’S GIRLFRIENDS SWITCH AMONG THEMSELVES AND NO ONE NOTICES.

NYNAEVE AND ELAYNE SWITCH AND MAKE FUN OF EACH OTHER UNTIL A MAN MAKES FUN OF THEM SO THEY GANG UP AGAINST ALL MEN.

LAN DOES NOT DRESS UP.

Also, it's worth noting that they also added a tag on it...

#THERE WASN'T REALLY A NEED TO HAVE THIS IN ALL CAPS NOW WAS THERE?

:laugh:

So...if WoT characters were dressing up as each other for Halloween, who would be who? O.o

I think if Rand's women switch among themselves, it would be very easy to notice whoever changes with Min, given her preferences for wearing clothes that aren't considered proper for women in the WoT setting. It'd be hard not to see that Elayne or Avi is in breeches. (Lews Therin starts humming here.) Now, when Nyn and Elayne switch places, is this before or after Elayne gets her original outfit back from Min or Avi, so that Nyn might wind up in Min-clothes via Elayne? (I'm sure that would set her braid-tugging off!) Nyn would not make fun of Elayne, cause Nyn has no sense of humor and thinks making jokes is beneath her.

As for other characters... Berelain would dress up as Faile with the crazy idea that she could fool Perrin long enough to get him in bed with her.

Juilin would wear Thom's gleeman's cloak.

Thom would wear a "This is my costume" t-shirt.

Eamon Valda and Asunawa would condemn Halloween as a day for Darkfriends.

Basel would host a Halloween party for adults at The Queen's Blessing.

Masema would incite the Dragonsworn to burn down assorted neighborhoods on Devil's Night.

if only I knew how to make my own costume...I'd dress up as a WoT character.

How would someone dress up as Loial? Walk on stilts? I can't see Mat dressing up for some reason. Rand would find it silly, and I think Perrin wouldn't want to do it at all. I can't imagine them changing costumes.

I just have to say on a side note, that's one of the amazing subtleties i LOVE about WOT, is the triangle of "I wish had Mat's way with women", "Perrin knows women better", "Rand's always been much ebtter with women than me"... A detail RJ could've easily left out and not hurt the story, but one of the many things that make the series so complex and filled-out with rich characters... love it

He's not a WoT character, but Voldemort could easily dress up as Aelfinn. Here's what would happen if he arrived to Randland Halloween, pretending to be Aelfinn:

A tall, snake-like man enters the party.

MAT (dressed up as gholam): Bloody ashes! A Finn invasion!

Mat takes out his ashandarei and dashes to Voldemort.

RAND (who has now Moridin's body because of Body Swap, and has dressed up in Rand's clothes): Hey, you Finn, this is not your world. Get out of our party!

Voldemort starts to use Avada Kedavra to people around him. Rand stops him by using Air to bind him.

RAND: Huh huh. This really isn't your world, whoever you are.

Rand uses True Power to kill Voldemort.

RAND: Oops... this body swap has very unpleasant effects on me.

Archived