DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Min's Viewing in A Crown of Swords.

Angelhydes

I've been listening to A Crown of Swords (Again) and I'm at the point were Min told Rand about a viewing she had resently were she saw 2 man who's faces were blurred but she knew one was Rand They touched merged into one and one of the lives and one of them Dies. Rand, assumes that the viewing has to do with him and Lews Therien (Sorry if I misspelled that). What if the viewing has to do with him and Muradin, Merging and becoming one at SG during TG. I've always thought that in order for Rand to live through the Last Battle he has to walk out as somebody Else. Anyway I thought I would post this and see what the Rest of you thought or if you have news that RJ already answered this question...anyway want to hear what the rest of you think...

Then there's this from his dream in TEotW

He found himself staring at the reflection of his own face, pale and shivering in the knife-edge cold. Ba'alzamon's image grew behind his, staring at him; not seeing, but staring still. In every mirror, the flames of Ba'alzamon's face raged behind him, enveloping, consuming, merging. He wanted to scream, but his throat was frozen. There was only one face in those endless mirrors. His own face. Ba'alzamon's face. One face.

I don't care for it either and I hope it doesn't happen. I think Min's Viewing might have been about the link that was established between Rand and Moridin in ACoS41. I think that link accidentally gave Rand access to the True Power without the Dark One's knowledge (TGS22).

I say that because Semirhage was supposed to take Rand to SG, presumably to be Turned. If she had succeeded, Rand would have been granted access to the TP and used it to free the DO. There would have been no need to tempt him with the TP as some have suggested.

It might be due to the Dark One's blessing based on the fact that the DO needs Rand to break him free. The corruption of the Light's champion and all... I still don't like the body-swap theory. It seems anti-climactic. And can you imagine Elayne or Avhienda or Min comfortable with a man in a different body? I'm fairly sure Rand will die.

Archived