DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Smell Of Lanfear

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wasn't a teen, he was like 20...

Just wanted to point that out. Still a good question.

Still, in terms of his sexual/romantic experiences I wouldn't compare him to a modern 20yr. Considering his freak out over helping Lanfear with her buttons...

Did Rand ever even kiss a girl before Elayne? Him and Eggy were so er innocent.

Still, in terms of his sexual/romantic experiences I wouldn't compare him to a modern 20yr. Considering his freak out over helping Lanfear with her buttons...

I immagine that him and eggy did there share of playing around Two rivers style, holding hands little kisses and thats about it. I still think that she has soem type of weave that projects sexuality.. hormones mind set and everything that goes along with it. And maybee thats why she has always been considered some type of great beauty,

Forsaken

A New Fragrance By Lanfear

If you touch my man, I'll cut you

Now that made my day for sure hahahahahahahah

Forsaken

If you touch my man, I'll cut you

lolololol I would buy it. Although, I suppose Lanfear would rather it be labeled Chosen.

Thanks, guys ;)

Chosen

Aspire to greatness, or I'll kill you

IDK, I mean Mat came out and was slaying them, left and right. They had to know something of women...

IDK, I mean Mat came out and was slaying them, left and right. They had to know something of women...

He was not. He was still innocent in Sheinar, though he was already making a show of worldliness:

Mat's grin deepened, though it looked forced. They too had had encounters in the baths, and only Mat tried to pretend it did not matter.

they come from a culture which views pre or extra-marital sex with an extremely dim view and is none to engage in physical discipline/punishment when it happens - we even get an example at one point of what they do when a guy and girl are caught in her father's barn. And more to the point they ALL feel that way when they leave the Two Rivers, boys and girls both. Mat changes quickly enough; I've wondered how much of that is a result of all of the memories stuffed into his head, but then he was probably already the most likely to experiment as it were. Perrin I don't think ever really changed, he just got married. As for Rand, even up to the point of being naked alone with Aviendha, it's clear he's trying to avoid thinking about her in that way right up until she wakes up and kisses him like he has never been kissed before. Being boys/guys, they probably all thought about it, but I'd be very surprised if any of them had done anything more than kiss a girl prior to leaving Emond's Field.

thisguy: Lanfear's perfume is awesome. I got a serious lol from that this morning.

Yeah, the only mention I was able to find is Perrin's thinking to himself Faile must believe him so innocent as to never have kissed a girl before. I'm not even sure he has, although it's certainly implied. Either way, these guys were practically blushing just talking of dancing with girls on holidays; Lanfear would've had no problems with Rand, saidar or no.

Lol I think it's given that Mat covered more bases than the other two. that or his bedroom skills enhanced with his ability with the old tongue. Poor Rand was the worst off I'd say since he pretty much belonged to Eggy from early puberty.

Yeah, the only mention I was able to find is Perrin's thinking to himself Faile must believe him so innocent as to never have kissed a girl before. I'm not even sure he has, although it's certainly implied.

It's mentioned when he comes back in Two Rivers and sees the local girl Cilia Cole that she's the first girl Perrin has ever kissed.

As for Rand, Elayne teased her before their first kiss that he'd probably has no idea how to do it, but when he did, she was quite impressed. So he either had some experience or was naturally talented in this area. ;)

He was not. He was still innocent in Sheinar, though he was already making a show of worldliness:

Mat's grin deepened, though it looked forced. They too had had encounters in the baths, and only Mat tried to pretend it did not matter.

Well then he went from innocent to booty slayer rather quickly.

Yeah, the only mention I was able to find is Perrin's thinking to himself Faile must believe him so innocent as to never have kissed a girl before. I'm not even sure he has, although it's certainly implied.

It's mentioned when he comes back in Two Rivers and sees the local girl Cilia Cole that she's the first girl Perrin has ever kissed.

As for Rand, Elayne teased her before their first kiss that he'd probably has no idea how to do it, but when he did, she was quite impressed. So he either had some experience or was naturally talented in this area. ;)

Weaving OP wasn't LTT's only contribution. ;)

You're assuming Elayne had much more experience herself. Personally, that whole thing about never feeling the butterflies again (which was proven wrong in short order) points to the opposite, in my mind. Regardless, I don't know why we're discussing this as if it matters whether or not Rand has dated before; he wasn't in a relationship when he met Selene, and he's not a 50-something widower. Lanfear, I repeat, should've had no difficulty with him.

If you say so; I get the feeling he's mostly talk until much later in the game. My guess would be that he's taken his first steps in that direction on the way from Tar Valon to Tear.

You're assuming Elayne had much more experience herself. Personally, that whole thing about never feeling the butterflies again (which was proven wrong in short order) points to the opposite, in my mind. Regardless, I don't know why we're discussing this as if it matters whether or not Rand has dated before; he wasn't in a relationship when he met Selene, and he's not a 50-something widower. Lanfear, I repeat, should've had no difficulty with him.

If you say so; I get the feeling he's mostly talk until much later in the game. My guess would be that he's taken his first steps in that direction on the way from Tar Valon to Tear.

Yea but how long was that? Maybe 3 months screen time? Maybe 4, and suddely he's laying it down. To go from innocent to that in 4 months, even a year is quite impressive. I mean look from TV to Tear, he was all about a pretty woman on his knee. And hell, in the stone he had to lay waste to half the servin women! That's a huge difference.

I always got the impression that Mat was laying it down in the TR on the downlow. No one knew. I mean look when he was travelling with Rand and he was sick, he was giving ladies looks and admiring women. Didn't he catch on to the Else thing before Rand?

Weaving OP wasn't LTT's only contribution. ;)

lol

In all seriousness, I have no problem with any of the 'sexual' scenarios. They're all supposed to be good looking guys, and they all have the Kvrorka to a certain degree. Good for them.

Matt said he played maidens kiss in Tear. Considering that most of the descriptions of the Maidens run from cute to super hot, I'd do the same.

Would anyone else play Maiden's Kiss?

Yea but how long was that? Maybe 3 months screen time? Maybe 4, and suddely he's laying it down. To go from innocent to that in 4 months, even a year is quite impressive. I mean look from TV to Tear, he was all about a pretty woman on his knee. And hell, in the stone he had to lay waste to half the servin women! That's a huge difference.

I always got the impression that Mat was laying it down in the TR on the downlow. No one knew. I mean look when he was travelling with Rand and he was sick, he was giving ladies looks and admiring women. Didn't he catch on to the Else thing before Rand?

I guess, sometimes, being Ta'veren has its privileges. :)

Okay, I'm beginning to get uncomfortable about the language you're using, Vardarmus (these boards are PG-13), but again I don't think so. We get very little screen time with Mat and Thom on their way from Tar Valon to Caemlyn, and none between Caemlyn and Tear. I don't think we've seen him chase any tavern-maidens in that time frame. Either way, he wasn't as worldly as he might've wanted some to believe before he left Tar Valon:

She was so beautiful he almost forgot to breathe

[...]

For an instant Mat continued to stare at her, then suddenly he realized he was standing there naked. Face scarlet, he shambled to the bed, pulled the blanket around himself like a cloak, and more fell than sat down on the edge of the mattress. "I'm sorry for... I mean, I... that is, I didn’t expect... I... I...." He drew a deep breath. "I apologize for your finding me this way."

Rand was promised to Eggy at the time. He even feels guilty about being attracted to Selene. If she had tried to seduce him I imagine it'd have ended along the lines of the night with Berelain.

I don't care how conservative TR is. Teenage hormone kick in and marriage doesn't occur until they're into their twenties, or near enough. The fact that people get caught just goes to show... Anyway, Rand is naive and committed to Eggy. Once we get Mat's POV it's clear he isn't either of those. It's hard to imagine he didn't get busy to some degree. Him and the other notable flirts of TR.

Rand was promised to Eggy at the time. He even feels guilty about being attracted to Selene. If she had tried to seduce him I imagine it'd have ended along the lines of the night with Berelain.

I don't care how conservative TR is. Teenage hormone kick in and marriage doesn't occur until they're into their twenties, or near enough. The fact that people get caught just goes to show... Anyway, Rand is naive and committed to Eggy. Once we get Mat's POV it's clear he isn't either of those. It's hard to imagine he didn't get busy to some degree. Him and the other notable flirts of TR.

I agree. And, since there's no mention of venereal disease in RJ's world, I would be as active as possible (keeping it pg13 here).

Okay, I'm beginning to get uncomfortable about the language you're using, Vardarmus (these boards are PG-13), but again I don't think so. We get very little screen time with Mat and Thom on their way from Tar Valon to Caemlyn, and none between Caemlyn and Tear. I don't think we've seen him chase any tavern-maidens in that time frame. Either way, he wasn't as worldly as he might've wanted some to believe before he left Tar Valon:

She was so beautiful he almost forgot to breathe

[...]

For an instant Mat continued to stare at her, then suddenly he realized he was standing there naked. Face scarlet, he shambled to the bed, pulled the blanket around himself like a cloak, and more fell than sat down on the edge of the mattress. "I'm sorry for... I mean, I... that is, I didn’t expect... I... I...." He drew a deep breath. "I apologize for your finding me this way."

I'll tone it down (I thought it was rather toned down). He's eyeing up the women who are caring for Thom when he finds them, once they get to the first city, I believe he mentions women again. And I know he mentions them in Tear, but he says he has no time because he has to find the girls. So either he suddely because a lady killer once they took the stone, or he was busy looking for the girls and didn't get to do his thang as much. Regardless, we know for sure what he was doing in the stone. So Either he's totally innocent until the taking of the stone, or he was a lady killer in TR just on the DL. He does eye up women more often than the other two boys, even when sick.

There was an RJ quote Sutt posted about it sometime ago. I just wish I knew the database like some of those people seem too, but he commented on Mat's promiscuity. (Is that not PG?)

Found it:

Robert Jordan

Anyway, Mat has indeed had far and away more MPS experience than our other young heroes, and intends to get much much more. I believe the quote was something like "The world is full of beautiful women, and Mat wants to romp barefoot though them all. (or was that with them all. same thing.) He's slept with lots of women; he's slept with women old enough to be his mother..."

Also, Mat makes the Aes Sedai nervous.

(MPS is multiple Partners, I had to ask)

Archived