DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aes Sedai turned to the Shadow by the 13x13 trick

Namely, Tarna Feir, and possible others. How useful would they be to the Shadow? Nothing about the 13x13 trick indicates it frees the channeler from the oaths given on the Oath Rod (unless it suddenly does, which we don't know), which makes Tarna (as a non-Black Aes Sedia) useless both in combat (can't attack anyone but her own side), and as a mole (can't lie). Unless Moridin has a third Oath Rod stashed away somewhere in his fortress, it seems unlikely that turned Aes Sedaa would be of much help as Dreadlords or spies.

So why bother turning them, instead of just slipping poison or stopping their heart with saidin? What is Taim's plan?

possibly but even if the Oaths to the DO don't break all others, the Shadow is still taking away channelers from the Light forces. That means that there will be one less person to Heal soldiers, one less person to destroy Trollocs and Fades. And Tarna Feir had Pevara and I think 4 others. Pevara is still good but I can't remember about the others. And if they are still held by the Oaths they can be put in danger and will be able to start destroying the Light forces. But in my opinion, the DO Oaths break all other Oaths

Black Ajah initiates use the Oath Rod to forswear the Three Oaths and take new ones. Simply saying the words "I serve the Great Lord bla bla bla" wouldn't have any effect on the bonds created by a ter'angreal, you need to channel Spirit into the Oath Rod to remove the oaths, which Taim (hopefully) doesn't have in the Black Tower.

we saw that Moridin has a lot of OP objects in his palace from Graendal's POV when she gets the dreamspike, it is possible that he could've found an Oath Rod and gave it to Taim, maybe one that works on both sexes. All Oath Rods might work on both sexes but we haven't seen that situation yet. Maybe Moridin created an Oath Rod, we don't know if any of the Forsaken can create ter'angreal, we know Moghedien can't

Black Ajah initiates use the Oath Rod to forswear the Three Oaths and take new ones. Simply saying the words "I serve the Great Lord bla bla bla" wouldn't have any effect on the bonds created by a ter'angreal, you need to channel Spirit into the Oath Rod to remove the oaths, which Taim (hopefully) doesn't have in the Black Tower.

There were/are other Oath rods. I doubt the BA used the WT Oath Rod to swear new oaths, too risky. They'd probably have their own they passed around, maybe more than one.

But then again, that makes no sense since the head of the BA looked at the other oath rod like it was a new discovery even though she knew what it did. Hmm.

The 2 original BA hunters were both Sitters (Seaine and Pevara) and were joined by 3 other Sitters. The BA had Talene (G), Duhara ®, Maigan (Blue and before the Split), and I think 2 others who fled when Egwene purged the Tower. The BA also had Galina who was head of the Red Ajah

I believe she is the one who put a strict guard on the storerooms and it wasn't as heavily guarded before she retook the Tower. Anyways, isn't the guard usually an Accepted or Novice. If an Aes Sedai said "go do this" they will run and do it, allowing the Aes Sedai to sneak in and take the Oath Rod. The BA also has a form of Compulsion as seen by Liandrin and Verin that could also play a hand in how they get the Oath Rod. I think in Galina's POV when she first saw the other Oath Rod she thought there was only the one in the Tower, I am not sure about this though.

There were/are other Oath rods. I doubt the BA used the WT Oath Rod to swear new oaths, too risky. They'd probably have their own they passed around, maybe more than one.

But then again, that makes no sense since the head of the BA looked at the other oath rod like it was a new discovery even though she knew what it did. Hmm.

We know the BA use the WT's OR to remove their Oaths - that's why Galina was so intent on stealing the Rod the Shaido had - she wasn't sure if Oaths sworn on one Rod could be removed by another.

Archived