DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Does A Weave Look Like?

Aiel Heart

Once here, I was challenged to knit a scarf or blanket that looked like a One Power weave (hehe I'm knitting the Power).

Now I can't work on this project yet because I have a few other orders to get done, but I wanted to start thinking about it. What would the weaves look like to those who can see them?

I admit, I've tended to imagine them looking more like complicated braids than a "woven" pattern, but that probably isn't correct (it is a "weave" not a "braid" after all)

Opinions?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picture it as each weave having a particular colour. Therefore when you use multiple weaves you get multiple colours. Depending on the motive of the person using the weave, the colours were darker or lighter. Anywho, that scarf looks quite amazing.

Wow, nice scarf, I believe I was one of the people to challenge you on this, I might have been the first actually, not sure. Anyways, I picture them as threads that are being woven together that are different colors. So that scarf looks nice and I guess you could make different weaves depending on what you want. Like you can make Earthfire with brown and red or a killing blow with brown, red, blue, and purple, and so on.

Hmmmm.... I'm probably going to go with each of the elements having a particular color (I know they don't really in the books and that those who channel can just tell them apart).

I've not tried cabling yet (which is what that kind of design is called) but I look forward to the challenge!!

Earth = Green

Fire = Red

Air = White (maybe Yellow?)

Water = Blue

Spirit = Purple

The reason I say maybe yellow for air is that I think white would be a good color especially if I ended up making scarves for those who aren't Tainted :P black would be a good base color for y'all of course :P

Earth = Green

Fire = Red

Air = White (maybe Yellow?)

Water = Blue

Spirit = Purple

The reason I say maybe yellow for air is that I think white would be a good color especially if I ended up making scarves for those who aren't Tainted :P black would be a good base color for y'all of course :P

I think you could do air=white, since the background won't be white, I think white would look cool, yellow air just reminds me of pollution for some reason.

Archived