DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TOWN WINS!]BG's Super Smash Bros. Mafia (now with more Ithi)!

bgrishinko

I wasn't in it either, but I looked it up after someone told me about it. Was def worth the search :biggrin:

Incidentally, when I was searching through old mafia games the other day, I realized that I had an unimaginably good record in mafia games. From the ones I looked up and could remember, I was something like 14-2. I've def been really lucky :smile:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't in it either, but I looked it up after someone told me about it. Was def worth the search :biggrin:

Incidentally, when I was searching through old mafia games the other day, I realized that I had an unimaginably good record in mafia games. From the ones I looked up and could remember, I was something like 14-2. I've def been really lucky :smile:

Oh Gawd...self glossing.

Well, I am not going to stop posting so I seem less mafia to you, I know that I am town. And seriously, don't you think that Basel would be smart enough to not link himself to another mafia. I am pretty sure that he knows that he shouldn't do that.

Thing is, by coming out early and revealing the "info" like he did at the time, he had a very good shot of both making himself look very townie, and clearing AJ as well. A risky move, to be sure, but mafia teams often pull risky moves if they think the gain is worth the risk.

I've only won 3 times. Twice with the town when I was NK'd the first night, and in Darthe's GoT game when I met my personal win condition by complete accident.

One might think I'm fairly horrible at this game. :sad:

Oh Gawd...self glossing.

Self-glossing?

I take it you mean bragging? I really wasn't lying, skill alone isn't near enough to win in mafia. You often need lucky breaks to even stand a chance, and if you're mafia you need some good teammates usually as well. I do think I'm a skilled player, but I know how often I've caught huge lucky breaks

I've only won 3 times. Twice with the town when I was NK'd the first night, and in Darthe's GoT game when I met my personal win condition by complete accident.

See, and I happen to KNOW you're a good mafia player, which proves my point.

I've been very lucky, indeed :biggrin:

*Pats tress on the back*

It's okay, we need crappy people to make us awesome people look good.

I kid, I kid. :P

Well, I am not going to stop posting so I seem less mafia to you, I know that I am town. And seriously, don't you think that Basel would be smart enough to not link himself to another mafia. I am pretty sure that he knows that he shouldn't do that.

Thing is, by coming out early and revealing the "info" like he did at the time, he had a very good shot of both making himself look very townie, and clearing AJ as well. A risky move, to be sure, but mafia teams often pull risky moves if they think the gain is worth the risk.

True, but was it even necessary? There was no need for that risk.

*Pats tress on the back*

It's okay, we need crappy people to make us awesome people look good.

I kid, I kid. :P

Hehe, well now I have a use. :)

I didn't say there was a need. Most of the time, there is no NEED for a risky move to be done, and if there is, it usually reeks of desperation.

Also, one would say that there WAS a need, because you had already been fos'd by a few people and might have been looked at very closely yesterday. AJ coming forward and "clearing" you as her partner after being "cleared" by "Basel" (sorry, got quote-mark happy), could have helped save a teammate

:blush:

One of these days I'm gonna have a real, legit win. And it's gonna feel great.

Just get into one of Kae's games and hope you get rolled town. That's pretty much a guaranteed win

:tongue:

Pray for SK. Can't get more legit than a solo win.

Just get into one of Kae's games and hope you get rolled town. That's pretty much a guaranteed win

Unfortunately, both times I was in a Kae game I was mafia. *sob*

Including my very first game. Rolled hard.

Unfortunately, both times I was in a Kae game I was mafia. *sob*

Including my very first game. Rolled hard.

Ouch :unsure:

Weren't you mafia in that last game of hers I was in? I think you asked for a replacement?

Wait NO! That's the game yall got voluntold into getting replaced by the mod! Still don't get that move. I think she just wanted the game to be over lol

Despo, but by that same reasoning, you could say that he was under pressure so he didn't want to connect himself with other mafia. It's WIFOM plain and simple. I think that one side is more likely than the other so that is the side I am going for.

As Despo said, scum often try to pull risky moves like that. I still remember the one me, Mynd and Turin did in GoT mafia before this. That was fun. Also: No like vigs. I woulda lived if it wasnt for that one.

Bah your good. I always get lucky with who I am on a scum team with. That GoT game was great...

Despo, but by that same reasoning, you could say that he was under pressure so he didn't want to connect himself with other mafia. It's WIFOM plain and simple. I think that one side is more likely than the other so that is the side I am going for.

How could you say that he was under pressure?

That was the one. And I'd just been starting to find my way back into the game after having been lost in pages of FF spam. :sad:

:madmyrddraal:

That game was really blech for me. FF spam was just too much. I'm trying to set up a game to mod right now (will be my first one! yay :biggrin:), and I made sure to base it on a theme that didn't promote tons of spam

You replaced me, and Darthe replaced Turin. Irony, because your role was to try to find me, while Darthe's was to try to find Turin.

Heh, that's more than irony, that's kismet

Archived