DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TOWN WINS!]BG's Super Smash Bros. Mafia (now with more Ithi)!

bgrishinko

I just thought of something.

Wouldn't lynching either Basel or John potentially vet three different players? If either Basel or John flipped town, then that would mean their partner is also town (unless mafia have even somehow infiltrated the mason teams, which I haven't dismissed as a possibility but still seems unlikely), and also AJ because of Basel's "viewing", and Rand because he's AJ's partner.

Am I missing something here? 3 alignments vetted for the possible death of one townie seems like a pretty good trade to me.

Wombat what do you think of my idea?

*deeply amused*

Despo and Wwombat teaming up to kill a Townie. Oh yes. Nice plan! Not Mafia at all. ~sarcasm~

@Andrew: OMGUS seems to be a pattern for you. Go back and prove that you posted your disbelief BEFORE the second mason claim please, because when I went back and checked that's not what I found. Not gonna go searching for it again; and it's YOUR possible lynch that would be on the line here

OMGUS 'pattern'? Since when?

Anyway, I THINK you're talking about my disbelief in Lily's Mason claim here? o.O But then I don't understand why you'd be coming down on me for it, as almost NOBODY, including yourself, believed that right off. The only other thing I can think of that you're referring to is my disbelief in MULTIPLE Mason teams- but why would I voice that before their had been a second claim?

I think we might be misunderstanding each other here somehow.

It might be me. I haven't had any coffee yet.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BAH! I just had to retype my whole post cos I was confusing it with another game and then lost it cos I CTRL-c’d something else when I had it on clipboard …nooooooooo!! :darkone: :dakone: I REFUSE TO WRITE IT ALL AGAIN AT THREE IN THE MORNING!! >.<

Basically I was agreeing with Jon’s WoT about how Nol is really pushing a select few people – :likeabulldog:

In essence, I don’t like how Despo is majorly pinging moi radar. I dunno, it’s more of a gut feeling really but I find his pushing people seems a bit too aggressive for careful scumhunting and then carefully backing down to target someone else when the current person halfway-vets themselves or claims or whatever. And I see others are beginning to be pinged by this as well.

Rand hasn’t pinged me that much, as I’ve said before there were quite a few people doubting that there were lots of masons…he could just be the odd one out, the un-partnered towny who was really surprised at so many claiming mason. I know I would be if I was on my own :P However…raaah I dunno. Maybe we’re on the right track here but I’m withholding my vote till I’m more sure. Okay scratch that I just read where AJ confirmed being his partner, and therefore most likely a mason team. I don’t think they’d come out and say that if they were scum, too much risk. If they were mafia I think they’d rather sacrifice Rand and keep the other secret, makes sense to me.

Now, about the night action situation: I know there is at least one RB in the game, because my mason partner and I are behind it. We blocked Nyanna last night. This means that either she has no night action (unlikely), she is scum and had the kill, or she's David's partner. David, can you confirm this?

Meeep I just saw I’d skipped this on my last reread of the last pages. I am NOT David's partner.

I'm a mason. And that just made me lol xP everyone’s saying they’re mason!! XD

Now, about the night action situation: I know there is at least one RB in the game, because my mason partner and I are behind it. We blocked Nyanna last night. This means that either she has no night action (unlikely), she is scum and had the kill, or she's David's partner. David, can you confirm this?

Doesn't seem like a town move at all, to come forth like this. You said yourself that Nya could have been the cop and that's why David said they got no result on me, so why would you want to possibly out the cop/mason partner like that?

Big FOS for that move Marsh, you should know better.

This. Yeah. Why would you actually say that with the cop thing?? Are you trying to make someone "accidentally" confirm they have a power role? FOS on Marsh too!

And I can’t believe I just agreed with my other suspicion DESPO :rolleyes:

I hope at least some of that made sense and hope even more I haven’t mixed up games again >.<

Sorry bout the lack of paragraphs up the top there, it copied it weird from Word.

Oh, and I'm going hiking with my family tomorrow, till Thursday night...sorry just heard about it yesterday >.< Sooo... I THINK we will have internets at the hotel or something, but can't be sure. So if I'm totally quiet these next 4 days feel free to replace me...but if we HAVE internet I will check in on Tuesday latest, promise :)

Official Vote Count

Darthe (1): JohnSnow

Despo (4): David, Basel, Moon, Andrew

David (1): Nolder

Rand (4): Despo, Dice, Lily, Iron

Nolder (2): Darthe, Turin

Andrew (1): Wombat

Not Voting (9): Arez, Peace, Tiinker, Rand, Tress, Alanna, Lenlo, Nyanna, Razen

With 22 alive and active it takes 12 to Lynch.

Deadline is ??????

Yeah, I remembered that after I posted. Still doesn't mean you're in the clear.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if you and Basel were scummy partners, and AJ and Rand as well. It never sat right with me that Basel's NA seemed to have worked, when we haven't gotten any indication that any NA's resolved at all last night. Turin has me worried as well, so if we're talking about a scum team of 6, then Turin and his partner could be the last team.

Aaaaaaand I'm pretty sure I just heard the collective groaning of your full team

:biggrin:

:myrddraal:

Aaaaaaaaaand I'm pretty sure you're full of yourself. :rolleyes:

:tongue:

I just thought of something.

Wouldn't lynching either Basel or John potentially vet three different players? If either Basel or John flipped town, then that would mean their partner is also town (unless mafia have even somehow infiltrated the mason teams, which I haven't dismissed as a possibility but still seems unlikely), and also AJ because of Basel's "viewing", and Rand because he's AJ's partner.

Am I missing something here? 3 alignments vetted for the possible death of one townie seems like a pretty good trade to me.

:/ I'd rather not reveal it, but Basel & I have a power that we lose if one of us dies

It seems like that's how pretty much all of the mason teams are setup. I wish lynching AJ or Rand would somehow vet you and Basel, but it wouldn't because Basel still could have made that viewing up just to make himself appear more town.

To get me to completely shy away from this idea, you'd prob have to just reveal and bite the bullet. It's not like mafia don't have a ton of targets anyways.

@Andrew: OMGUS seems to be a pattern for you. Go back and prove that you posted your disbelief BEFORE the second mason claim please, because when I went back and checked that's not what I found. Not gonna go searching for it again; and it's YOUR possible lynch that would be on the line here

OMGUS 'pattern'? Since when?

Anyway, I THINK you're talking about my disbelief in Lily's Mason claim here? o.O But then I don't understand why you'd be coming down on me for it, as almost NOBODY, including yourself, believed that right off. The only other thing I can think of that you're referring to is my disbelief in MULTIPLE Mason teams- but why would I voice that before their had been a second claim?

I think we might be misunderstanding each other here somehow.

It might be me. I haven't had any coffee yet.

OMGUS pattern as in, you FOS'd both me and Wombat, all because both of us had FOS'd (or voted, in Wombat's case) you.

Why would you voice that before their had been a second claim indeed. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure you were doubtful of multiple mason teams AFTER their had already been a mason counterclaim. As I said before, if this isn't the case, then by all means fetch the quotes which prove so, and I'll prob be willing to back off of your case

Eh I'm leaning Vote Despo too. Sorry Master but mafia game is game and you've been pinging me since the start. :P

Hehe np young 'prentice, I have no problem with being voted in teh mafia :biggrin:

And I don't blame you for thinking my playstyle is scummy, tbh I've designed my meta to be somewhat scummy on purpose. You see, part of trying to accomplish any kind of mafia strategy is living long enough to pull one off. To do this, you must show good enough scumhunting skills for town to want to keep you alive, but appear scummy enough that scum don't want to NK you cause they think they can get you lynched instead. Def a delicate balance that must be played with, but the end result is that in just about every game I'm in I get FOS'd.

That being said, what exactly was it that pinged to you, HRMM?! Considering you're most likely on a few people's scumdars at this point for multiple reasons, I'd say it's a good idea to actually state your case, whatever it might be

There's a few problems to that idea Moon.

One, you'll make it that much harder on the Doc to try and decide who they should protect. You make it harder for RB's to try and narrow their list down.

You also set the mafia team up for some easy pickings. We all know now that the mason teams have their powers nerfed once they lose a partner, so by outing everyone's partner you make it easier for the scum team to choose their targets. As it is, they could target someone that they already nerfed by killing their partner, in which case their kill wouldn't be as effective.

Mass-revealing partners would hurt more than help the town imo

I actually agree with Despo on that one, I still don't like that idea, seems like it would make it way easier for mafia to pick and choose, let's say the second most important role and take that out of the game. Despo, your play is getting scummier and scummier. You're lynching a townie, losing a power, for the slight chance that 4 people are mafia in a huge gambit involving a view and mason claiming and hinting. This makes absolutely no sense at all vote Despo.

Official Vote Count

Despo (6): David, Basel, Moon, Andrew, Nya, Rand

Not Voting (7): Arez, Peace, Tiinker, Tress, Alanna, Lenlo, Razen

Deadline is ??????

I actually agree with Despo on that one, I still don't like that idea, seems like it would make it way easier for mafia to pick and choose, let's say the second most important role and take that out of the game. Despo, your play is getting scummier and scummier. You're lynching a townie, losing a power, for the slight chance that 4 people are mafia in a huge gambit involving a view and mason claiming and hinting. This makes absolutely no sense at all vote Despo.

First of all, you're assuming Basel is town, which is scummy. Second, you're trying to play it off as some slight chance that y'all are mafia, when to me it really doesn't seem slight at all. Third, you're ignoring the fact that if Basel DID flip town, we'd have 3 vetted townies. Fourth, it wouldn't have to be some huge gambit, Basel could have simply lied about the inventor thing.

Plus, what's up with everyone coming out and agreeing with me, then voting me?

:huh:

Okay. I originally had a much longer post, but I realized I didn't need all the sarcasm and just left it at this:

I believe these are the quotes you are looking for to prove your 'case' Despo? Despo, who cannot possibly be seen as anything approaching scummy meaning all votes on him MUST be OMGUS. *cough* Okay. A little sarcasm. Anyway:

Yeah I agree there. And Lily isn't giving any reason not to vote her by posting more of EP's thoughts.

VOTE LILY

Yeah I agree there. And Lily isn't giving any reason not to vote her by posting more of EP's thoughts.

VOTE LILY

Yeah. That did come off as kind of scummy in hindsight. I noticed pretty much as soon as I pressed the 'Post' button. I'm distracted at the moment. I have to go boil water for a hot bath as our water heater is broken. -_-

Let me clarify: I wanted to hear what Lily thought, and wanted something more believable, but instead I get more of what is supposedly EP's words from beyond the grave. I don't believe this. At all.

Lily's Mason claim, followed by Darthe's counter Claim, didn't, as you put it, 'INSTANTLY' mean LOTSA Mason teams to me. It meant one was lying, and one was telling the truth. And with the EP mess, among other things, I thought the liar was Lily. Hence the above votes. And baguette.

But then Lily did give us something believable, and I Unvoted, despite remaining uncertain, and MORE Mason claims came out, and that was that. I am at a lost as to why this is deserving of any sort of 'case'.

This argument has helped me to understand why you're throwing FoS at Rand actually, when compared to my own thing, but I still don't think it's enough to vote him. *shrug* You're coming across as the more likely Mafia to me. Especially since Rand is... vetted through Alanna by Basel? If I'm understanding that right. (Added after your most recent post) And Basel himself is vetted by his partner isn't he?

Unless John is Mafia, publicly claiming his Mafia partner Basel as his /Mason Partner/ to save /another/ two Mafia, who also publicly claimed each other as Mason partners. In which case, they are the silliest bunch of Mafia I've ever seen, building THAT house of cards.

Okay. I originally had a much longer post, but I realized I didn't need all the sarcasm and just left it at this:

I believe these are the quotes you are looking for to prove your 'case' Despo? Despo, who cannot possibly be seen as anything approaching scummy meaning all votes on him MUST be OMGUS. *cough* Okay. A little sarcasm. Anyway:

:huh:

How did you get that I thought ANY votes on me must be OMGUS? You DO understand how the concept of OMGUS works, right? I FOS'd you, then you came back and FOS'd me, basically cause I FOS'd you.

.... that's an OMGUS.

Moving on... :rolleyes:

Lily's Mason claim, followed by Darthe's counter Claim, didn't, as you put it, 'INSTANTLY' mean LOTSA Mason teams to me. It meant one was lying, and one was telling the truth.

But here's the crux to the case: IF you were a mason, then you would have had to have thought there was a possibility BOTH were lying. What you are saying here would make sense if you WEREN"T a mason yourself. If that's what you're implying, then I gotta believe you're scum since it def appears that all of town is split into mason teams.

Once again, so we hopefully don't have to go over this again:

After seeing Darthe counterclaim as a mason following Lily's claim, if you were a mason then you wouldn't have immediately assumed one was lying. After all, if it seems like their could be 2 mason teams in the same game, who's to say that there can't be three?

Basically, you're trying to use a confusing defense for yourself here, and I'm not buying that you don't understand why I'm FOS'ing you. You're rising up my list with every post you make.

This argument has helped me to understand why you're throwing FoS at Rand actually, when compared to my own thing, but I still don't think it's enough to vote him. *shrug* You're coming across as the more likely Mafia to me. Especially since Rand is... vetted through Alanna by Basel? If I'm understanding that right. (Added after your most recent post) And Basel himself is vetted by his partner isn't he?

Unless John is Mafia, publicly claiming his Mafia partner Basel as his /Mason Partner/ to save /another/ two Mafia, who also publicly claimed each other as Mason partners. In which case, they are the silliest bunch of Mafia I've ever seen, building THAT house of cards.

It would be a risky move, true, but moves like that are def not unheard of in mafia.

And honestly, AJ seems like a weird choice for a viewing last night as well, there were too many people worth viewing to back up their stories (David would have been a great candidate).

And NO ONE can be "vetted" by their partner in this game. Like I said before, now that scum knows there's a bunch of mason teams in the game, of COURSE they're going to claim mason as well.

And honestly, AJ seems like a weird choice for a viewing last night as well, there were too many people worth viewing to back up their stories (David would have been a great candidate).

I don't see this as weird. It's pretty common in Mafia to suspect the ones who aren't posting much. At the time I chose her, AJ was way down on the number of posts list. Nearly everyone then had some kind of story out there, but she didn't. I thought her lack of claim was part of a strategy to let townies fight it out among themselves.

I don't see this as weird. It's pretty common in Mafia to suspect the ones who aren't posting much. At the time I chose her, AJ was way down on the number of posts list. Nearly everyone then had some kind of story out there, but she didn't. I thought her lack of claim was part of a strategy to let townies fight it out among themselves.

Fair enough I guess, but you don't think it might have been worth it to clear up the wifom about David?

Ok.

First I want to clarify something that my partner pointed out to me, that the PM states that if one of us dies then the power is affected negatively. I just automatically assumed this meant that we wouldn't have it anymore if one of us dies, but I suppose it means whatever bg wants it to mean. ;)

The reason I wanted to view Kathleen is that I felt some of her posts were just off or out of place, and with her it was more gut feeling than anything else, and at the time I personally didn't have strong read on anybody. Now, I revealed that I viewed Kat to let everyone know. I suppose she wouldn't be able to vet me as I could hypothetically be scum and making this up, so Kat's vetting me would count for nothing, so understand your(despo) there. Shame on you Ironeyes for asking me to confirm if Nya was my partner or not, but since she has already said she is not, I also confirm that she is not.

Now, imagine the scenario where everyone claims their mason partners, so we'll have 12 mason teams as there were 24 players. Now let's say that my partner didn't reveal, then it would be an easy matter to find who is my partner when everyone else has claimed, and we don't want to do that do we? At least, I don't want to.

Also if everyone claims mason including mafia(whether mafia masons exist in this game or not) then this doesn't make it easier to see who are town and who are mafia. There may actually be mafia masons, or they could be one big team. If I was modding this I would find it totally unncessary to split the mafia into mason teams, as they can already communicate together. (So I suppose I personally will assume that the mafia are one team and not also split into mason teams.) So everyone claiming will not make anything easier and it would be easy for the mafia to go "We want to get of this power lets either of the people on the mason team with the power", because I think that the powers of the each team depends on both persons being alive, so why make it easier for mafia to target us.

So I would counil against a mass reveal of mason partners as this helps the town not one whit.

Official Vote Count

Despo (6): David, Basel, Moon, Andrew, Nya, Rand

Not Voting (7): Arez, Peace, Tiinker, Tress, Alanna, Lenlo, Razen

http://www.timeandda...04&msg=Deadline

Deadline Tuesday @ 9 PM CT.

Archived