DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMOL back cover (possible spoiler)

GB

About Mat going to Tuon, I could picture it like this....

The Fields of Merrilor:

Rand: "Where are the Seanchan?"

Egwene: "Uhm, we didn't invite them."

Rand: "What do you mean you didn't invite them?"

Egwene: "Hello? Leashes, kaf, and a little matter of them kidnapping our last Amyrilin."

Mat: "I might be able to help you there, Rand. I kinda know their leader."

Rand: "Right. Mat go fetch the Seanchan."

Half an hour later

Rand: "Ahh, well met again Empress."

Tuon: "Indeed, Matrim was quite insistent that I should meet with you again."

Egwene: "Empress, let one thing be clear no accord between Seanchan and White Tower will be reached before you release all Aes Sedai you have captured."

Tuon: "Husband mine, would you see to it that we aren't interrupted while we talk?"

Egwene and Nyneave: "Husband?"

Mat: "I think you did that yourself, my dear. Hmm, I've been looking forward to seeing their reaction and I can't say I'm disappointed. Still, best talk quickly I'm sure they'll get over the shock in due time"

yeah the back cover isn't very exciting....

the mat visiting Fortuona is puzzling me, do you guys think he will go there after the FoM meeting or before the FoM meeting? and maybe he wont be going to caemlyn at all ?

The Fields of Merrilor:

Egwene: "Hello? Leashes, kaf, and a little matter of them kidnapping our last Amyrilin."

Half an hour later

Egwene: "Empress, let one thing be clear no accord between Seanchan and White Tower will be reached before you release all Aes Sedai you have captured."

Tuon: "Husband mine, would you see to it that we aren't interrupted while we talk?"

Mat: "I think you did that yourself, my dear. Hmm, I've been looking forward to seeing their reaction and I can't say I'm disappointed. Still, best talk quickly I'm sure they'll get over the shock in due time"

Haha how innane can we make the fields of merrilor? Helps if you imagine theyre all prissy English characters (Laine from madmen).

So quick sharp lets be done with this last battle jamboree and get on to the ginger beers, hooray!

Guest Demorian

I was also disappointed by the synopsis, it just doesn't feel right.

The thing that stands out to me though is:

Approaching Ebou Dar, Mat Cauthon plans to visit his wife Tuon, now Fortuona, Empress of the Seanchan.

I'm not sure if that's suggesting something else happens or not.

The Fields of Merrilor:

Half an hour later

hahahaaaa...

In Andor, the Trollocs seize Caemlyn.

I like the idea of the Shadow winning the battle of Caemlyn. Not just there being a slaughter, but the Trollocs actually winning, as seems to be suggested here. The Shadow needs a victory.

Right on! It would be about time someone on that side of the conflict managed to get something right!

The thing that stands out to me though is:

Approaching Ebou Dar, Mat Cauthon plans to visit his wife Tuon, now Fortuona, Empress of the Seanchan.

I'm not sure if that's suggesting something else happens or not.

Ooo, interesting. Didn't notice that. That does make it sound like there's some sort of interruption; either that or they just wanted to make it more ambiguous.

Peter just said that Harriet wrote the blurb, and that it matches what will go on the Tor cover.

I don't mind it. The more vague the better, leaves room for more surprises in the book, IMO.

I actually don't thing it's that vague, and as was the case before, it does give us something that we wouldn't have guessed ourselves. Now, the bad prose, that's a horse of a different color, as they say.

Well, yeah, maybe it's not that vague, but it really isn't super informative either. lol. It says some of what is going to be going on, but nothing about how it's gonna happen nor everything that will happen. Says Perrin will battle Slayer, but what about after that? What will happen with the Whitecloaks? The Black Tower? The Forsaken? When looking at other back covers, it is indeed vague in comparison. lol.

It is no small surprise to me that the Trollops :rolleyes: actually manage to seize Caemlyn. Definitely different from attacking Caemlyn. Seizure means a successful attack.

I was thinking that Talmanes would hold the fort till Mat arrived to save the city. But if it is seized, then I wonder if that includes the inner city and Royal Palace as well!

the mat visiting Fortuona is puzzling me, do you guys think he will go there after the FoM meeting or before the FoM meeting? and maybe he wont be going to caemlyn at all ?

Mat states his intentions in ToM57:

Well, it was good to have her {Moiraine} back. Mat was surprised at how strongly he felt that. Who would have thought it? Affection for Aes Sedai, from him?

"Well," she said, "I can see there are many tales I need to be told. But for now, we will need to seek out Rand."

He had also known she would try to take charge. "You find him, Moiraine, but I've got things to do in Caemlyn. Don't mean to argue and all, but that's the fact of it. You should come there, too. Elayne's more likely than anyone else to help you with Rand."

"We shall see, Matrim."

Mat states his intentions in ToM57:

Well, it was good to have her {Moiraine} back. Mat was surprised at how strongly he felt that. Who would have thought it? Affection for Aes Sedai, from him?

"Well," she said, "I can see there are many tales I need to be told. But for now, we will need to seek out Rand."

He had also known she would try to take charge. "You find him, Moiraine, but I've got things to do in Caemlyn. Don't mean to argue and all, but that's the fact of it. You should come there, too. Elayne's more likely than anyone else to help you with Rand."

"We shall see, Matrim."

We all know he plans on going to Caemlyn. That doesn't mean he will do so, or that he will get there in time and remain there to get killed.

Archived