DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Full Prologue Spoilers] The Red Veiled Aiel

A Trite Pun

And obviously we have the red-veils in ToM Epilogue.

There are other things that point to this(random channelling at Maradon, Murandy etc), but these are the main points that formed the backbone of my theory at least.

Ya I read the prologue. Where is the previous reference in the books to the Red-Veils though?

I do not remember the random channeling in Maradon and Murandy. Context please.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And obviously we have the red-veils in ToM Epilogue.

There are other things that point to this(random channelling at Maradon, Murandy etc), but these are the main points that formed the backbone of my theory at least.

Ya I read the prologue. Where is the previous reference in the books to the Red-Veils though?

I do not remember the random channeling in Maradon and Murandy. Context please.

they wheren't random

Maradon, the channeller that took out the wall

and I am guessing Murandy's would be the one porting in the trollocs

Wait..what? I'm still not sure what this is refering to.

and when was there ever previous mention of the Red-Vails?

I think the theory here is that the channeling we've seen by previously unknown male channelers (the six or so who blew up the wall at Maradon, and the unknown number bringing in Trollocs and Myrddraal to attack Galad's Whitecloaks on the road to Lugard). Since the male Aiel who can channel have long gone to the Blight, they have been speculated for a long time to be a source of male channelers for the Dark One. Combine that with the appearance of the red-veils who sort of look Aiel-ish, and some people made this connection

long before it was effectively confirmed in the newly "released" prologue.

Combine that with the appearance of the red-veils who sort of look Aiel-ish,

This part I don't remember. What book, what chapter, what location? Context plz :)

It's in the Epilogue of Towers of Midnight, right at the end of the book. The scene is where the Borderland merchant is escaping the Trolloc invasion and is attacked by them. Sorry don't have exact page number etc, but if you reread that section you will see it.

Congrats to those who predicted correctly- the acclaim of your peers shall be yours!

A third option, which seems most likely to me, for "black eyed" Aiel (vs. interbreeding and Saa related changes) would involve the 13x13 conversion process we heard about so early, and didn't return until TOM. Perhaps it is simply a byproduct of this conversion: light eyes go black. In TOM, both Tarna and Mezar's changes are first noted around the eyes. Tarna has blue eyes, and Pevara probably would have noted an immediate change to black eyes, but who is to say its an instantaneous process: the victims start out with crazy eyes, eventually change to black.

There are certain biologic processes that change eye color: infants of caucasian ancestry often change from light to dark by the time they are 12 months old, and further natural changes can occur at adolescence or in pregnancy; trauma to the eye can result in hemosoderin deposits in the iris, although that usually causes heterochromia (2 eyes of different colors), and diseases such as Horner's syndrome, glaucoma, and Wilson's disease or can change eye color. WHy not the one powers?

Muhahahhahahaha.

I love getting things right! (often it is rare enough, so I can celebrate!)

Right there with you on this Barid. I had some pretty fierce battles on this topic(both red veils and blank) and not going to lie, it feels pretty sweet to win.

Finally saw the quote. I'll say you guys came out on top here, but it still makes 0 sense to me. That's quite a large army to not use for so long. WTF were they waiting for?

and the unknown number bringing in Trollocs and Myrddraal to attack Galad's Whitecloaks on the road to Lugard).

Wait...the Murandy connection still doesn't make sense to me. You can't bring Trollocs and Fades through gateways. So why are channellers relevant?

and the unknown number bringing in Trollocs and Myrddraal to attack Galad's Whitecloaks on the road to Lugard).

Wait...the Murandy connection still doesn't make sense to me. You can't bring Trollocs and Fades through gateways. So why are channellers relevant?

I think this is when Perrin was saving the whitecloaks. There was a channeler dropping off the trollocs for the surprise attack on Galads forces that Perrin saved them from. They can move via portal stones.

The same with the attack on the Manor House where Rand was. Someone had to move al those Trollocs and Fades, and I'm sure the Forsaken didn't do it on their own.

I think this is when Perrin was saving the whitecloaks. There was a channeler dropping off the trollocs for the surprise attack on Galads forces that Perrin saved them from. They can move via portal stones.

The same with the attack on the Manor House where Rand was. Someone had to move al those Trollocs and Fades, and I'm sure the Forsaken didn't do it on their own.

Ok, thank you. This is clear to me now.

Muhahahhahahaha.

Finally saw the quote. I'll say you guys came out on top here, but it still makes 0 sense to me. That's quite a large army to not use for so long. WTF were they waiting for?

The Last Battle. Why waste such a suprise like that Early on. imagine no one is expecting male channlers except for the Black Tower and Forsaken but all of a sudden These Channelers come out of no where and blind side everyone. No one on the Light side will see this coming

Muhahahhahahaha.

The Last Battle. Why waste such a suprise like that Early on. imagine no one is expecting male channlers except for the Black Tower and Forsaken but all of a sudden These Channelers come out of no where and blind side everyone. No one on the Light side will see this coming

And being along the lines of the Aiel like they are, they will be whoopin ass i bet.

Forgive me if we already know what the red-veiled aiel are, but here's my theory. We were told a long time ago then aiel men who learned they could channel would travel alone to the blight to die, fighting as many shadowspawn as possible. What if instead they were captured and 13 x 13'd like the people at the black tower and Demandred has been training them? This would explain both who they are and what Demandred's been doing in preparation for war. What do you think?

Why would male channelers resort to using knives to kill? Much more painful, slow ways to kill with the power.

It is not the male Aeil channelers.

I will bet these guys are from Shara.

Forgive me if we already know what the red-veiled aiel are, but here's my theory. We were told a long time ago then aiel men who learned they could channel would travel alone to the blight to die, fighting as many shadowspawn as possible. What if instead they were captured and 13 x 13'd like the people at the black tower and Demandred has been training them? This would explain both who they are and what Demandred's been doing in preparation for war. What do you think?

Why would male channelers resort to using knives to kill? Much more painful, slow ways to kill with the power.

It is not the male Aeil channelers.

I will bet these guys are from Shara.

Ermm you havent been paying attention to prologue spoilers in this thread have you?

Red veiled Aiel has been confirmed. It's a clan of male channelers working for the shadow called "eye blinders".

I may be jumping ahead here, but I'm guessing - guessing - we're not going to get an in depth detailed history of how and why the male channelers all went to the DO's side. Unless, they were all turned by 13 myrdraal. That kinda stinks in my opinion because it's pretty big news. That's also a whole lot of Aiel. Like women, there aren't a whole lot of men born with the spark that shows itself on its own instead of lying dormant. I guess they could live a long time touching the power but then, how many turned to the DO instead of dying fighting?

I may be jumping ahead here, but I'm guessing - guessing - we're not going to get an in depth detailed history of how and why the male channelers all went to the DO's side. Unless, they were all turned by 13 myrdraal. That kinda stinks in my opinion because it's pretty big news. That's also a whole lot of Aiel. Like women, there aren't a whole lot of men born with the spark that shows itself on its own instead of lying dormant. I guess they could live a long time touching the power but then, how many turned to the DO instead of dying fighting?

Given the prologue, it actually does seem likely that the vast majority of the initial red-veils were 13x13 turned. Some of their descendants may not have been, but 13x13 turning seems to be well known in the Town in the Blight.

Given the prologue, it actually does seem likely that the vast majority of the initial red-veils were 13x13 turned. Some of their descendants may not have been, but 13x13 turning seems to be well known in the Town in the Blight.

Thanks for that, it makes me feel better.

Muhahahhahahaha.

Because it would have been unstoppable. Easily the strongest force on the planet at the time. Why wait for the last battle when you can destroy everything now?

Muhahahhahahaha.

Because it would have been unstoppable. Easily the strongest force on the planet at the time. Why wait for the last battle when you can destroy everything now?

There are a number of ways in which the Shadow could have have "won" with an all-out blitz early on - Ishamael could certainly have killed at least one of the three ta'veren at multiple points in the early books. The problem is that we still don't know exactly what the Shadow needs to "win."

If the Shadow can completely win with Rand dead early on, then they deserve to lost now, because they blew their shot. Since I prefer to believe in competent bad guys, I prefer to believe that there is some element of victory that would have been missing at that point.

Ishamael's attempt to kill Rand in the Stone of Tear makes that a difficult position to cling to, I'll admit ... sigh.

Muhahahhahahaha.

There are a number of ways in which the Shadow could have have "won" with an all-out blitz early on - Ishamael could certainly have killed at least one of the three ta'veren at multiple points in the early books. The problem is that we still don't know exactly what the Shadow needs to "win."

If the Shadow can completely win with Rand dead early on, then they deserve to lost now, because they blew their shot. Since I prefer to believe in competent bad guys, I prefer to believe that there is some element of victory that would have been missing at that point.

Ishamael's attempt to kill Rand in the Stone of Tear makes that a difficult position to cling to, I'll admit ... sigh.

Indeed, even with Rand dead their are certain conditions needed for the DO to win more than "draw". He has done this innumerable times and we know an all out assualt doesn't get it done....

The Samma N'Sei are hardly an unstoppable force. Against the might of a united continent, they have no chance. (Like the Aiel war, everyone banded together. Just on a grand scale)

As said numerous times, it is simple tactics. No commander just throws the full force of their troops at the enemy and hopes for the best.

No, the best option is to gather your strength, plant discord and sow as much chaos as you can to weaken your opponent.

Who would you rather fight, a fully fit person ready to go - yeah, you know you are stronger, but that doesn't necessarily mean victory - or someone who has an arm and a leg cut off, suffering from blood loss? The Shadow doesn't play fair, it wants to win.

Archived