DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The fight for Tar Valon

blueeys54

#1 they should aim for the bracelet not for the necklace (we have seen very bad examples of what happens when the wrong one is set free)

Ummm... what examples are these?

And unclipping the a'dam from the damane is more useful than from the sul'dam. A damane collared with the a'dam still has her access to the OP and her freedom restricted. Assume they see a captured Aes Sedai, freeing her from the a'dam makes more sense than removing it from the Sul'dam's wrist, since this way, the freed captive can participate in the attack right away. And we saw this was very effectively used in tGS.

well from tGH didn't nynaeve and elayne do that before and the one damane freaked out and started lashing out with the power in random ways?

granted most of them wouldn't do that, but the last thing thats needed is them to release some of the more heavily doctrined damane and have them destroy as much as possible because their scared fo being free. Whereas releasing the wrist band, they can evaluate the mental condition of the girl and see if she's fit to be released

I have no memory of such an event. I'd really appreciate the quote!

I do not have the book handy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Byrne expects TV to be attacked at some stage.

He knows both the Shadow and Seanchan have Travelling. So for that matter, does Rand.

It's reasonable to assume he would have contingency plans against a Travelling attack in place.

The big question mark is, will AS cooperate with him and take his orders in case he has to defend TV? If they're willing to take his orders, I think the Seanchan could suffer a very bloody nose.

Not sure how wards will be used to detect the Seachan attack. Sammael for instance had wards to detect saidin in Illian. How will the AS ward against Saider being used? It is used all the time all over the place in the WT. Unless of course they have the basements watched. But if I was the Seachan I would attack from multiple gateways all over the tower, one in every level or every 2 levels.

Since the Seanchan can't link, their gateways will be small. They'll almost certainly attack from several different places. Still, if their attacking from the basement, as they plan to, they'll have to come through narrow hallways and up narrow stairways to find anyone. I admit that I don't know if identifying gateways are possible with wards.

#1 they should aim for the bracelet not for the necklace (we have seen very bad examples of what happens when the wrong one is set free)

Ummm... what examples are these?

And unclipping the a'dam from the damane is more useful than from the sul'dam. A damane collared with the a'dam still has her access to the OP and her freedom restricted. Assume they see a captured Aes Sedai, freeing her from the a'dam makes more sense than removing it from the Sul'dam's wrist, since this way, the freed captive can participate in the attack right away. And we saw this was very effectively used in tGS.

well from tGH didn't nynaeve and elayne do that before and the one damane freaked out and started lashing out with the power in random ways?

granted most of them wouldn't do that, but the last thing thats needed is them to release some of the more heavily doctrined damane and have them destroy as much as possible because their scared fo being free. Whereas releasing the wrist band, they can evaluate the mental condition of the girl and see if she's fit to be released

I have no memory of such an event. I'd really appreciate the quote!

I do not have the book handy

During Rand's campaign in Altara he had one of the damane's collars removed. She lashed out, screaming for help from the suldam. She killed 9 Defenders of Tear and one Ashaman Soldier. As for the case in tGH, Nyneave and Elayne, in order to get a Suldam's clothing attacked one and freed the damane. The damane was probably an Aes Sedai because, if I remember correctly, she punched the Suldam and ran off.

Unless you can be sure the damane has not be brainwashed yet, it's better to play it safe and either destroy the bracelet or sever the leash. The collar itself is best left intact until you can be sure you have the damane under control.

I honestly got VERY scared for Egwene... she's already got so much to do... But maybe she uses the cuendillar (which has been mentioned much since the river incident) to resolve her problems or even something more drastic like balefire or maybe Moiraine has something up her sleeve? Can't wait till' next January

!!!

She might also try and ask the White Ajah to try and find a way to reproduce the Dreamspike effect. Just as she did with bypassing the oath rod. Now they knows it's possible, the AS might be able to find another way to do it. RJ's statement and Mesaana/ Graendal PoV regarding the spike suggest that there are other ways to cut off Travel.

• 2 weeks later...

@sharaman, hah! i've been mulling this idea over and then found it here! it's definitely in the realm of possiblity when you consider egwene's skills with wards and the world of dreams (the dreamspike struck me as related to wards) and she is leaving the tower when she knows that the seanchan will most likely have travelling.

we might end up with a seanchan army parked outside the walls, just in time to help defend against a shadow attack. I never really liked the idea of another actual fight between tower and seanchan since it's been done already.

It follows

I hav just one qustion to asl and that also of suttree. You once said that Egwene is not one of your top five fav characters. would you please share who they are and what your rACTION will be if I start a thread against them?

Not sure why this was asked in this thread but here we go...

1. Mat

2. Verin

3. Moiraine

4. Rand

5. Weiramon

Fav that we don't know much about: Rashima Kerenmosa

In terms of reaction that would depend on the veracity of your claims. If they contained as much hyperbole and vitriol as some people often aim at Egwene/AS I would then pull quotes from the text exposing them. I do that frequently regardless of the topic.

Archived