4. Abraham Maslow

5. Bob Marley

6. Kurt Vonnegut

7. George Harrison

8. Mozart

9. Oscar Wilde

10. Mother Teresa

Day 4:

"I'm a good Queen's man, like I said, but even fools say something worthwhile now and again. Even a blind pig...can still forage for acorns"

"For the last time, I am not playing a trick on you. There is a...trolloc in full drag right behind you!"

"I compliment you on how soft my shirts are, and you snap my head off. And I said you looked cheerful, hardly the opening of a battle, I though. It was a compliment, woman... now get your butt over here and gimme some sugar!"

"Light and honor, I do not know how many sisters will be required to handle... all those brain freezes on slurpee day!"

"You've certainly been married long enough to know you shouldn't let your husband... think he's ever won an argument."

"A small lesson for you in the difference between wives and... maids, maids will do what you ask for the sole purpose of being paid, a wife will do what you never thought to ask because she loves you. "

"She is shielded somehow, I know, but when she can channel again, she will... continue her work on the laser light show. "

"Now, Moghedien instructed me to offer you what assistance I thought I could give, but I'll tell you right now, I won't...be part of your silly hand puppet show"

"It went exactly as I planned it, of course. You are speaking to...the new leader of the pickle rebellion"

"Until I sail back to Seanchan, you will amuse me with your tales of your family and its tradition. It is a relief to find a second man in this Light-forsaken land who can...count past 10"

I am currently calculating points and will have all answers posted with the winner by 2pm EST tomorrow. :biggrin:

You guys all did an excellent job! I especially enjoyed these adaptations! ^^

Day One: Who Said It? Answers

1. "We used to dig up bones in the sand hills. Strange bones. There was part of a fish - I think it was a fish - as big as this boat, once. Some said it was bad luck, digging in the hills." --Rand, Eye of the World
  2. "You are needed here, Rand al'Thor. Here, Car'a'carn. Does your honor lie with killing this man or here with those you have brought to this land?" --Aviendha, The Fires of Heaven
  3. "A fat lot you know, sheepherder." --Min, Lord of Chaos
  4. "You could get yourself in deep trouble talking to women that way. Women like a man to be quite, and well-mannered. And reserved. Reserved, and maybe a little shy. Cultivate those qualities, and you'll do well." --Mat (to Olver), Winter's Heart
  5. "You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway." --Lan, Winter's Heart
  6. "It isn't a dream. Oh, Light, you're here. How?" --Nynaeve (to Lan), Crown of Swords
  7. "Do not be a complete woolhead." --Egwene, The Fires of Heaven
  8. "Shut up! Go away! You're dead!" --Rand, Lord of Chaos
  9. "And in all probability hand the Dark One his victory. Remember what - who - it is that he wants. We are in a war, as surely as anyone in Ghealdan, though thousands fight there and only eight of us here." --Moiraine, Eye of the World
  10. "Then it has come again. That memory remains whole. The Dark One stirs. I have feared it. Every turning of years, the Blight strives harder to come inside, and this turn the struggle to keep it out has been greater than ever since the beginning. Come, I will take you." --The Green Man, Eye of the World

Day One Points:

Sunrise Lord - 3

Leala Gymorraine - 4

Basel - 2

Turin - 5

Wildfire Sedai - 4

Brandie - 8

Crystal Tipps - 2

Day Two: Fill In The Blanks Answers

1. "Always do RIGHT. This will gratify some people and ASTONISH the rest." --Mark Twain
  2. "Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to MAKE MISTAKES." --Mahatma Gandhi
  3. "Everything has its BEAUTY but not everyone SEES it." --Confucius
  4. "It is easy to be brave FROM A SAFE DISTANCE." --Aesop
  5. "Keep your FRIENDS close, and your enemies CLOSER." --Sun-Tzu
  6. "Always bear in mind that your own RESOLUTION TO SUCCEED is more important than any one thing." --Abraham Lincoln
  7. "A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how STRONG she is until she GETS IN hot water." --Eleanor Roosevelt
  8. "Be careful reading health books. You may die of a MISPRINT. --Mark Twain
  9. "A countryman between two LAWYERS is like a fish between two CATS." --Benjamin Franklin
  10. "An appeaser is one who FEEDS a crocodile, hoping it will EAT HIM last." --Sir Winston Churchill

Day 2 Scores:

Wildfire Sedai - 6

Basel - 2

Brandie - 8

Turin - 13

Day Three: Who Said It? (Historical/Pop Culture Greats) Answers

1. "Don't worry, they usually don't swim backwards." --Steve Irwin
  2. "The taste of death is upon my lips. I feel something that is not of this earth." --Mozart
  3. "Money can't buy life." --Bob Marley
  4. "My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go." --Oscar Wilde
  5. "Love one another." --George Harrison
  6. "You can do anything, but not everything." --David Allen
  7. "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to looks like a nail." --Abraham Maslow
  8. "We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." --Aristotle
  9. "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." --Kurt Vonnegut
  10. "If you judge people, you have no time to love them." --Mother Teresa

Day Three Points:

WildTaltos - 4

Basel - 1

Wildfire Sedai - 2

Key - 6

Brandie - 2

Thanks, Charis! *hugs* ^.^ I really had a good time reading pages and pages of quotes to pick out which ones I wanted to use here.

Final Point Count:

Basel - 5

Brandie - 37

Crystal Tipps - 2

Key - 6

Leala Gymorraine - 25

Sunrise Lord - 3

Wildfire Sedai - 29

WildTaltos - 4

The WINNER is BRANDIE!!!

Congratulations!!

:biggrin: