DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How does everyone think the DO will be defeated?

The Sealing   

107 members have voted

1. 1. How will the DO be defeated?

• Saidin/Saidar used with something to "touch" the DO and place good seals.
    • The Song will heal the Bore.
    • Rand will kill the DO.
    • Fain and DO will destroy each other.
    • Rand, Mat and Perrin tripod Ta'veren attack!
    • The DO will sign a peace treaty and leave the world alone.
    • Some sort of "Creator Power" will help Rand seal the Bore.
    • Other.
  2. 2. What will be the thing that "touches" the DO?

• Saidin.
    • Saidar.
    • True Power.
    • Rand's Blood.
    • "Creator Power".
    • Fain.
    • It's all good, the DO will be dead.
    • All good, DO leaves the world alone.
    • Other.

Tens of thousands are on the field in front of Rand, nothing is said about those transported by Deathgate or those killed on the hill, the fortifications and in the pass itself.

Death gates I'll give you but the rest is not accurate. Nowhere does it specify directly by Rand it is a descriptor for the dead. Additionally if the range was even close to what you suggest none would have escaped in thy mass exodus.

Oh really

The field before him was piled with carcasses atop carcasses. Tens of thousands of dead Trollocs smoldering.

That's the tens of thousands you were referring to and it is clearly is talking about the field in front of Maradon. And only the field. Like I said nothing is said about the hill, the fortifications or the pass itself.

I doubt anyone who set foot on the field or on the hill for that matter survived. Only those who were far back enough in the pass to watch their brethren get destroyed for over an hour were able to flee.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tens of thousands are on the field in front of Rand, nothing is said about those transported by Deathgate or those killed on the hill, the fortifications and in the pass itself.

Death gates I'll give you but the rest is not accurate. Nowhere does it specify directly by Rand it is a descriptor for the dead. Additionally if the range was even close to what you suggest none would have escaped in thy mass exodus.

Oh really

The field before him was piled with carcasses atop carcasses. Tens of thousands of dead Trollocs smoldering.

That's the tens of thousands you were referring to and it is clearly is talking about the field in front of Maradon. And only the field. Like I said nothing is said about the hill, the fortifications or the pass itself.

I doubt anyone who set foot on the field or on the hill for that matter survived. Only those who were far back enough in the pass to watch their brethren get destroyed for over an hour were able to flee.

My bad, thought you were describing something much closer to Rand as we know the field is quite large.

As for your claim of the hill...not true.

ToM

Waves of Trollocs broke, the drums faltering. Entire legions of them turned and fled, stumbling up the hillside and over one another, fleeing back toward the Blight.

Also every time we get a description of trollocs dying it is in the thousands and hundreds...

ToM

Light and Power exploded from the Dragon Reborn. He was like an entire army of channelers. Thousands of Shadowspawn died. Deathgates sprang up, striking across the ground, killing hundreds.

Lastly argue all you want but I will take the actual authors assessment over a fans guesstimates.

it does not say each deathgate killed hundreds, just that hundreds died by means of deathgate, nor does it imply that he was killing them at a rate of thousands per second.

before you comment sutt, i am not necessarily addressing that post at you. i cannot tell which side of the debate you are on by simply skimming it, so it applies where ever appropriate

If I may interrupt back to the original posting...

A thought occurred to me, that if RJ only originally planned for 5 or 6 books, then the "ending" shouldn't be so complicated and full of one power two power true power stuff.

Well maybe some true power as Ish did use it in the prologue, but do you see my point? My thinking is that he starting going off on too much details of things, making the books longer, and giving us more ammo for our imaginary cannons to shoot theories.

The defeat of the DO is probably so simple that when it happens, all of us will go..."oh, is that it? I guess that makes sense."

allready posted my theory in 3 will be one thread , but it fit here as well :)

personally i think Mat /Perrin and Rand are all part of the dragon

i think the LB will be help in 3 dimension:

the battle itself under Mat leadership with the horn and the Hero as SUPPORT :)

in the DreamWorld where i think Perrin will be the one touching the DO preventing him from breaking out

and with the one power as Rand will try to seal the bore from scratch maybe by fighting Morr in the sky again as part of it :)

rem the battle in Palm where they have a 2 dimension fight there -> i think the LB will be a more complex battle of that kind

Archived