DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Info on "A Memory of Light" (updated 3/33/2006)

Jason Denzel

Jordan's response to thalidomide is promising. Usually this drug is used for multiple myeloma but he is in some sort of study to see how amyloidosis responds to it.

This weekend trip to the Mayo Clinic is VERY important. After being on thalidomide, his light chains have dropped drastically which is excellent news. He needs that number to CONTINUE to drop or at leas stay the same. ANY statistically significant increase is not a good sign as that shows that the amyloid is being produced again even in the face of the thalidomide.

I'm sure they're waiting to hear from Mayo about this weekend's test results before giving us another update.

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay all I am new to the forums but not to the books that RJ has blessed us with. I hope his health rises and whether he finishes his books or not, I am happy to have been a part of this experience. Dont get me wrong I would be dissapointed but when the creator calls you listen. I digress.... This final chapter of this epic shall stand to be one fantasic read. The big ? in my mind is the red Ajah? How can they exist as they are now? I know they are bonding channeling men but most despise men entirely! Perhaps, when Egwene reunites the tower after the Seanchan bust it up, they will reconstitute that ajah but I just dont think it is worth saving personally. To me all the women of this ajah are gruff and all around mean ladies. Also it will be interesting to see LTT dissaper from Rands mind, I think he wont help in the final battle at all like some think, he will cower in madness as he has done so often.

• 1 month later...
Jordan's response to thalidomide is promising. Usually this drug is used for multiple myeloma but he is in some sort of study to see how amyloidosis responds to it.

This weekend trip to the Mayo Clinic is VERY important. After being on thalidomide' date=' his light chains have dropped drastically which is excellent news. He needs that number to CONTINUE to drop or at leas stay the same. ANY statistically significant increase is not a good sign as that shows that the amyloid is being produced again even in the face of the thalidomide.

I'm sure they're waiting to hear from Mayo about this weekend's test results before giving us another update.

Dennis[/quote']

I am sure that you have all read by now the good news on Mr. Jordan's blog that he received the best Christmas present of his life from his doctors recently. His LLC numbers have fallen (to a very interesting number, 3.14, at that). This is good news. It doesn't mean that he has won, but it could mean that he is winning.

I am usually a realist, but when it comes to the human heart, which is always a part of the equation when it comes to healing, I believe that dedication, faith and hope, and, yes, prayer, do go a long, long way toward helping the immune system battle the enemy. So, I have much hope for our favorite author, since he obviously has all of the above along with the prayers of thousands, possibly millions of people.

My money is on the man finishing the series himself. Continued blessings to him and his family.

Totally agree Paula. It's the support that can help in any battle with any illness. As the say, 50% of the fight is mental, and what better way to increase your odds then getting mental boosts from hundreds of thousands of fans? Even World of Warcraft (a game which I enjoy) has had long discussions about Jordan. In the end everyone invovled are wishing him the best of luck. So everyone, keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello I've been reading these books for a long time and have waited for each book with excitment. I was talking to some friends and subject of books came up. I was talking of the wheel of time books then decided to see when the next book was coming out and its name.

I read up on what was happening and it made me tear up. These books have been a big part of my life and RJ is in my mind the best writer ever. I ve never read any books that each char has touched me the way these ones do.

I look forward to MoL and would like to thank RJ for allowing us to see a world unlike any other.

You will be in my prayers RJ

• 3 weeks later...

I wont lie. I want, NEED this seires conclusion. but I want Mr. Jordan to live, because its always sad when someone dies that is such a wonderful artist. it will be a sad day when such an incredible, intelligent, and truly terrific man dies. I hope that god, the creator, whoever you need to believe in, will endowe him with some years yet. I dont like death as a general rule, and it is my hopes his health will improve. to everyone, please be careful these winter months because death is not something I want any one to go to before their time.

hopes and wishes go out to you Mr. Jordan.

p.s.- whoever said somehtign about the pages of their book falling out- i knwo the feeling lol. al my books are ok, but FoH. its in tatters :(

• 1 month later...

don't quote me on this or anything but i was under the impression that there were originally going to be at least Two more books in the series, then due to time constraints, among other things, RJ crammed them into One book, so if Two or three books, each averaging about 1000 pages, that makes the final book at least 2000-3000 pages, If not much much more. Personally i would like the book to be 10,000 pages, i would read it cover to cover a couple of times and then i would read the series again. This last book will be the BIBLE of the Series (no religeious affiliations intended, just in relationship to size) This post has probably been made, or some likeness to it, but i just needed to add my two cents...

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone

I'm going to use this thread as a compliment to the normal DM News page to deliver the latest Memory of Light news.

Right now there's not a lot to report. We know this will for sure be the final novel in the main sequence novels. There is no release date' date=' or even a release year. There are A LOT of pplot threads to finish up, but RJ has promised that this is the last book in the story. Based on this, it could be 2007 or later before we read the novel.[/quote']

Cool, I thought he would call it the Last Battle.

• 2 weeks later...
don't quote me on this or anything but i was under the impression that there were originally going to be at least Two more books in the series' date=' then due to time constraints, among other things, RJ crammed them into One book, so if Two or three books, each averaging about 1000 pages, that makes the final book at least 2000-3000 pages, If not much much more. Personally i would like the book to be 10,000 pages, i would read it cover to cover a couple of times and then i would read the series again. This last book will be the BIBLE of the Series (no religeious affiliations intended, just in relationship to size) This post has probably been made, or some likeness to it, but i just needed to add my two cents...[/quote']You want a 10,000 page book take all of your copies of the WoT books, remove the covers, and bind them together, go through each page and fix the page numbers and bam! 10,000+ page book.

I would so love to have a 2 foot thick copy of all the WOT books crammed together. Maybe they should add the BWB at the end of it, sorta like a mega glosary...

:shock: good gosh, i just realized if they did that, the glosary itself could be its own book.

whoaaa... :shock:

I was wondering, whats the BWB?

Anyway... I have the feeling, that kind of feeling that never fails and has guided the characters in this book to surviving and succeeding as much as they have, that MoL will be finished by RJ within the next year or two. I feel it without a doubt so I believe it the same. *Sending positive energy to RJ and Harriet*

Guest Barmacral

BWB is called the Big White Book, its a book that was released after the 8th book with lots of information (a fair amount of it faulty) about the series in it.

Do you ever get the feeling that you know the author just because you read so much of his works?wierd.

Okay, but this into perspective. Harry Potter-huge fanbase, midnight bookselling, author basically can't go outside because of stardom.

WoT-Large fanbase(this is the largest, most well kept and most posted on forum I have ever seen)and we

are doutful to get a midnight selling, or even a reserve :( life is unfair :evil:

And I was wondering, the way you guys speak(depending on who you listen to) the ending of the main series will most likely be made, but what about prequals? and the sequal series tha I secretly hope for?

I myself was a huge star wars fan before I read tEotW couple of months ago and I loved how authors like Timothy zahn now carry on the series following George lucas' footsteps. I think this series worthy of it, but I think we need a author owrthy of this series, who would have to fill the enormous shoes of Robert Jordan

Best Wishes to RJ

• 2 weeks later...

Jordan plans to live another 30 years--long enough, he says to finish all the books that are in his head right now. That will require a large dose of luck, and so far, his luck has been mixed. The new drug he's taking seems to be working well. Still, he can write for two hours a day at most, compared with eight or nine hours in healthier times. At this rate, he'll submit the final book in 2008 for publication in 2009, says Tom Doherty, president of Tor Books, Jordan's publisher.

from http://www.forbes.com/2006/11/30/robert-jordan-illness-tech-media_cx_hc_books06_1201jordan.html :o :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

the first time i was reading the seris i thought that it would be perfect to have 13 books, the number is so intregual to the series! when i first heard that this was his last book i freaked... only 12! then i realized, the prequel, new spring, it fits, thirteen books total. has RJ said if this was intended or am i just parinoid?

• 1 month later...

Archived