DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Info on "A Memory of Light" (updated 3/33/2006)

Jason Denzel

• Administrator

Hi everyone

I'm going to use this thread as a compliment to the normal DM News page to deliver the latest Memory of Light news.

Right now there's not a lot to report. We know this will for sure be the final novel in the main sequence novels. There is no release date, or even a release year. There are A LOT of pplot threads to finish up, but RJ has promised that this is the last book in the story. Based on this, it could be 2007 or later before we read the novel.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

If this truly is going to be the last book a lot will happen. Judging from the speed in the last books he will not do that. Perhaps (just like george rr martin , and the series of the green angeltower)a memory of light A and a part B. So two books yet one...

Guest Faile1987

Yeah, I´d say this is most likely, too. I mean, come on how will he possibly pack all that into ONE book (unless it will have 2000-3000 pages ;) )

Anyway *bites nails and steps from one foot on the other while waiting*

• Community Administrator

Actually, RJ said in one of his interviews, that Book 12 WILL be his last book. Even if it takes 5000 pages, and you need a wheel barrow to haul it around, it will be finished in 1 Book.

• 2 weeks later...

This may be totally off the wall but…

What about Lan for a darkfriend?

Before you flame my head off just check WH: A lily in winter, when the three girls confront Rand.

The only people in the room are: Rand, Elayne, Min, Aviendha, Nynaeve and Lan. This is where Rand tells Nynaeve that he intends to cleanse Saidin and gives her the two keys to Chedan Kal.

Then in the next chapter (Wonderful news) Moridin’s bit of fluff (Cyndane) is telling the Forsaken all about Rand’s plan – how did Moridin/Cyndane know so quickly?

Think about it … right from EoW the bad guys always show up around Lan. Maybe he was set to watch Moirane, maybe he was set to watch Nynaeve (or maybe fell in love with her by chance and it was used when Moirane bit the bullet)

Also, we get to see inside the heads of all the main characters - except Lan!

Even further, Moridin says in PoD or LoC that he plays both sides of the game … maybe Moridin is Lan!

Am I insane?

Guest Footman

Rand gave that plan away to Dashiva, Torval, Narishma, Morr, and Hopwil in chapter 14 of TPoD. That is how the Dark Side knows.

• 2 weeks later...

i think there should be 13 books its kind of a trend within the book. but thats just my though so who knows it might be just me but i dont really want there to be just one humangeous book either maybe parts wont be such a bad idea.

Lanfear, knew he had the male half of the key, she didnt know about the female half..I dont think. And Asmodean knew about both keys and what Rand was contemplating on doing with it at least(Rand asked him if it was possible to heal the male half of the source). When asmodean was killed...he was prolly reserurected into one of the new Forsaken and either Os`angar(sp?) or Ar`angar(sp?) and that information was handed off to the forsaken. thats how they prolly know.as someone else mentioned above, Dashiva who I think was one of those two new forsaken heard Rands plan...Maby he was Asmodean. his link to the Great lord was severerd by rand and so he was no longer protected from the taint and The Great Lord conveniatly forgot to give that protection back for punishment, for him teaching Rand...hince Dashiva was sucombing to madness and attcked Rand

Guest Majsju
Lanfear' date=' knew he had the male half of the key, she didnt know about the female half..I dont think. And Asmodean knew about both keys and what Rand was contemplating on doing with it at least(Rand asked him if it was possible to heal the male half of the source). When asmodean was killed...he was prolly reserurected into one of the new Forsaken and either Os`angar(sp?) or Ar`angar(sp?) and that information was handed off to the forsaken. thats how they prolly know.as someone else mentioned above, Dashiva who I think was one of those two new forsaken heard Rands plan...Maby he was Asmodean. his link to the Great lord was severerd by rand and so he was no longer protected from the taint and The Great Lord conveniatly forgot to give that protection back for punishment, for him teaching Rand...hince Dashiva was sucombing to madness and attcked Rand[/quote']

Osan'gar (who is Dashiva) and Aran'gar are Aginor and Balthamel brought back, not Asmo.

Archived