DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A random question

muddasssir

HI, before I gleefully join the bandwagon of Egwene bashing did anyone ever explained what happened to true source at Ebou Dar during Rand's attack on Seanchan. Both Ashaman and Damanes claimed strangeness whike channeling or some such thing. please explain what happened or it is one of the unresolved things. I do not remember seeing anything in books or on the forums.

Probably the Bowl. Both men and women talk about sensing enormous amounts of saidin and saidar used, and it doesn't seem separated from that feeling. The unraveleved weave's explosion had a limited radius, while the Bowl's weaves streamed out across the continent (planet?). Considering this I would say its more likely that it was the Bowl.

It was the Bowl. Aside from the fact this was already confirmed by RJ, the strangness of saidar was noted at the time the Gateway was woven, and therefore it makes no sense that it would be as a result of the unweaving.

well thanks for the kind responses but these two were my initial responses also what I wanted to know was is thier any significance to it as i was mentioned and forgotten by the authors which is usually foreshadowing does it means it is significant in the final book?

The strangeness isn't very significant because it's already passed (it was due to the Bowl being used), but Elayne's unraveling is still slightly significant since the Seanchan believed it to be an unknown weapon used by the Aes Sedai against them. Because of this strong suspicion Tuon agrees to attack the White Tower in TGS before the Aes Sedai can use it again. This fear will ultimately effect whatever negotiations the Seanchan and Aes Sedai try to have in AMoL.

The strangeness isn't very significant because it's already passed (it was due to the Bowl being used), but Elayne's unraveling is still slightly significant since the Seanchan believed it to be an unknown weapon used by the Aes Sedai against them. Because of this strong suspicion Tuon agrees to attack the White Tower in TGS before the Aes Sedai can use it again. This fear will ultimately effect whatever negotiations the Seanchan and Aes Sedai try to have in AMoL.

It might, but Tuon seems to doubt the existence of a supposed weapon and the der'suldam told her she thought it was probably just an accident.

It was the bowl...

Interview: Nov 21st, 1998

TPOD Signing Report - John Novak (Paraphrased)

Question

The Bowl: Someone asked him whether, if men had helped the Aes Sedai and Windfinders and Kin channel through the Bowl, the One Power would still have been screwed up.

Robert Jordan

His implicit assumption was that the Bowl screwed things up. I expected this to be a sheer RAFO. I was surprised. He went into a relatively detailed explanation to the effect that the Bowl was stressed far, far beyond its original design parameters because of the advanced knowledge of the Windfinders. It was affecting a global pattern, when it was designed for only a small region. Men helping would not have changed anything, and the effects linger most strongly near Ebou Dar, but also along the "spokes" which radiated from that place. (I should have asked if a spoke went out over Tear.)

Archived