DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Most "Tortured Soul" in fantasy/sci-fi??

The Fisher King

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turin Turambar from the Silmarillion/Children of Hurin. His entire life and legacy is one of tragedy, self-loathing and futile struggle. *snip*

Ermergerd, spoilers man :tongue:

(I've already read it but I'm sure someone might stumble in here who hasn't)

• Community Administrator

In no particular order.

Sand dan Glokta. This guy, had everything going for him. From a nobel family, one of the best swordsmen around, just litterally started his military career. Gets captured by the enemy tortured for 2 years in the enemies prison. Came out, an old-man, a crippled leg (No toes, doesn't bend very well) can barely get out of bed in the morning... And takes up becoming a Torturer himself..

Drizzt Exiled from his homeland, hunted down like an animal for over 20 years.

He loses the love of his life, one of his best friends, (Regis) his best Friend (Bruenor) and his other friend, left them all to die out in the wilderness. He has lived past all of his friends, and is even more lonely then the time he was on his own, in the wilderness of the underdark for 20 years. His new lover, doesn't love him. his only remaining link to the past, has tried to kill him on nearly every ocassion that they have met.

People tend to describe him as emo. But at least he has good reason to be. :wink:

Unlike those (modern) whiney teenagers. :tongue:

Wulfgar is obviously in a similar boat as Sand Dan Glokta though, both captured by the enemy, tortured for years, and returned not quite the same man as he was before.

Duncan Idaho.

The dude was cloned a million times to serve and protect the family of Paul Atreides. He has died more times than.. well. Anyone. :tongue:

And I don't know whats more tragic, being immortal, and experiencing everyone you know die around you, or constnatly re-living a life, and never remember your past lives/mistakes. forever making the same mistakes...

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna say it again:

Raistlin Majere. He's an evil jerk, but he's that way for a reason.

Ended most definitely. Though I think he came out of it for the better in alot of ways.

Wulfgar.

Cararmons pretty messed up in Legends, but not to the level of these guys.

And The Doctor of course.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived