DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Everything Pokemon

Red2111

so i stumbled upon this a few months ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkF7Xjxn9jc&feature=related

so i broke out my old Gameboy Color and poped in my Pokemon Blue cartridge and proceeded to make my way to Cerulean City. needless to say, the glitch worked :baalzamon: if you do this make sure each trainer walks to you, if they don't move your game will freeze. also makesure to save after catchign each of the glitch pokemon. this also works with the two trainers in the gym, so don't forget them.

i battled all but 1 of the trainers during glitch mode and i caught these (the boy featured in the video and the swimmer in the Gym will get you a Mew)

Nidoqueen

Ryhorn

Cuebone

Mew

Scyther

i missed the Staryu that was offered though

Ah, my childhood.

The first game my parents bought me with my Gameboy Color (which was pleasant turquoise color) was Pokemon Yellow. I remember eating dinner feverishly (mashed potatoes, in case you were interested) so I could have a go on it, and I loved it. Many, many happy hours of my life were spent on that game, till I had beaten the Elite Four over 60 times and had gotten three of my Pokemon to level 100.

The next generation, I played Silver and I loved the size of the world (Johto and Kanto) and all of the new Pokemon and Gym Leaders and features.

And the music. Just. Awesome.

Junichi Masuda wrote the theme for my childhood. Glorious, glorious 8-bit sound.

Each and every track from the first two generations of Pokemon games brings up so many memories. Reminds me of life as a 6 year old: hours and hours of joy, memories of battling and trading with friends using the link cable, of playing the Gameboy on long car journeys and trying to use the streetlights to illuminate it's tiny screen, of having to carry batteries around with me and saving constantly so as to not lose my hard-earned progress.

*Sigh*

.... alas, now back to exam revision.

Rey i can so relate to that lmao only i would be about 10 and it woudl be on the original grey gameboy (with the extra plug in power pack to avoid using batteries) though i do have to admit, before i got Pokemon for my birthday, i used to get down on some Marble Maddness and F1 Racer.

i'll have to look in my stack of old GB games, i know i have both Red and Blue, and Crystal. i think i have Gold instead of Silver though ... and thers another one i'm forgettign to list. i gave my Yellow away to an aunt that fell in love with it though, so i can't really count that one.

i find the 1st gen of these games are the only i can really tolerate and this is literally the only turnbased game i can stomach :laugh:

I used to play the hell out of Pokemon, but over the last few years I've just sort of drifted away, at least in part because with every new release I feel like I'm just getting the exact same game all over again. They haven't really done anything to significantly shake up the game since they added breeding in Gen 2. It doesn't help that with each new generation, the English names get dumber and dumber. Also Gen 5 ruined grinding by instituting a diminishing returns exp mechanic.

I still want to see them put together an MMO, though.

Also Gen 5 ruined grinding by instituting a diminishing returns exp mechanic.

this

so much this

as big a fan of pokemon I am...I don't think I'll be getting BW2

I might pirate it or watch a let's play of it if I really feel the need to check it out

but I was just so disappointed in BW that my interest has been greatly diminished

Also Gen 5 ruined grinding by instituting a diminishing returns exp mechanic.

What?! I never noticed this...but I'm not one for paying attention much what happens in game. If it plays, it keeps me entertained. But that seriously makes me a little upset. And what's this talk of a BW2? I really need to catch up regarding these things...

Yeah, when I discovered that Gen 5 had the amount of exp you receive from the exact same kill go down as your level went up, I was seriously annoyed. Like I didn't have little enough incentive to train Pokemon I didn't intend to ever use.

Of course they're going to make another Gen 5 game - every generation has had a third title come out.

no no

this is the first direct sequel they've ever made

Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum were just the same game as the paired versions only "remastered" or whatever

Black/White 2 is actually supposed to be a brand new game with a new story that takes place in the Unova region

I'm not sure if it picks up where BW1 left off or what but at this point I'm not really expecting much deviation from the usual story formula

if you want a different sort of pokemon story I highly recommend you check out pokemon mystery dungeon red or blue

that was a really awesome game

tons of fun if you enjoy dungeon crawlers

I've played some of the Mystery Dungeon games and hated them, but then, I hate dungeon crawlers.

I would actually say Gold/Silver were the first direct sequels, given that they share a region and a lot of the so-called "characters" from Red/Blue.

Archived