DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Exams and stuff

Xamol Na

So, because I'm nosey, what are you qualified in? What would you like as an ideal profession? Etc.

I'll, obviously, go first =)

I have GCSE A grades in English Lit and Lang, Drama and Science. The rest are Bs.

I have A levels in Psychology, Critical Thinking, Law and English Lit and Lang. And a National Diploma in Performing Arts.

I'm currently studying for a Masters Degree in Psychology.

Meaningless qualifications: I have full training for health and safety, I'm a fire warden and am taking first aid courses.

What about everyone else? =)

I´m a teacher so of course I have read pedagogy, methodology and didactics. My main subjects were Swedish, Religion and History. I have read extra courses in Swedish and Religion. My latest course was administration (mostly accounting) but that was not on university level.

Some years ago I was accepted to a pre research class. (I want to study more religion didactic.) Unfortunately I couldn´t afford to study so I had to decline. Maybe some other time. I love studying and if I could afford it I would probably study the rest of my life. :biggrin:

You're a teacher? That's awesome!

Ayla...your grades are astounding.

Forgot to say, my ideal profession would be either a psychiatrist working within my local medical centre and/or a hypnotherapist working privately.

I did start training to be an actor but got bored. Studying other people is more for me then pretending to be them =)

Didn't take GCSEs, but O'levels...you know the time when there was no coursework that counted towards results, everything was done in exams at the end of the 5th year (your year 11) . There were no A*. :p

Anyway got 7 O'levels, 2 A'Levels and then went to the university of life...spent 6 years in the Navy over 9 years in the Police, have worked in IT and now business Management, but try to get into Project Management. All I have done I have set out to do...so I can't complain. As for Uni...in my day not many people went on there. not unless it was specific to what you wanted to do. There are so many Naff degrees around nowadays, it makes me sad. They seem to be two a penny. I mean what good is a degree in EastEnders going to get you...cop out in my opinion. haha! Now Psychology and Maths...Proper courses...those mean a lot more...blinkin' hard though...wacko.gif

Xamoi - did you not want to do anything with your Performing Arts. ~That maybe one way my daughter may go...or be a Teacher, or even a Teacher of Dance.

haha..me too, I can't stand it...I don't like soaps full stop!

My sister did foundation in dance for 3 years and then went round the world dancing. She works in marketing now as she was finding, the older she got the less she was chosen in auditions...they wanted younger ones, and she was only in her mid twenties!

I got 9 GCSEs - As in English lit, English Language, Maths and Community Issue , Bs in French, R.E. And Art and Cs in Physics and Humanties.

I got 3 A levels - dropped out of Maths cos it got a bit pure. Got a 2.1 Hons Degree in Business Studies - which is like the second best grade after a 1st.

I did do a management trainee scheme for a builders' merchants but realised I didn't much care for telling people what to do and was too lazy to be bothered lol. I have been a manager again at the place I work now, and was offered the position full time, but I turned it down because I work to live and not the other way round and would have got annoyed with constanty cajoling people to do the jobe they get paid to do.

I got 9 GCSEs - As in English lit, English Language, Maths and Community Issue , Bs in French, R.E. And Art and Cs in Physics and Humanties.

I got 3 A levels - dropped out of Maths cos it got a bit pure. Got a 2.1 Hons Degree in Business Studies - which is like the second best grade after a 1st.

I did do a management trainee scheme for a builders' merchants but realised I didn't much care for telling people what to do and was too lazy to be bothered lol. I have been a manager again at the place I work now, and was offered the position full time, but I turned it down because I work to live and not the other way round and would have got annoyed with constanty cajoling people to do the jobe they get paid to do.

I like this. Years ago I did it the other way around and it got me sick. Now I work to live and I don´t want to have too much responsibilities. Well, working with kids is a responsibility in itself but I don´t want to bring work home with me.

So much is lost in translation between different education systems.... In years 11 and 12 I studied Chemistry, Physics, a Double Major in Maths, English and Religious Studies.

Got an ATAR of 93.85 with special consideration as I missed a semester.

ATAR's are pretty much our way of determining access to university courses and works on a percentile basis. Which is to say, for my year group I was one of those smart-arses chilling in the top 10 percent. =D

I´m a teacher so of course I have read pedagogy, methodology and didactics. My main subjects were Swedish, Religion and History. I have read extra courses in Swedish and Religion. My latest course was administration (mostly accounting) but that was not on university level.

Some years ago I was accepted to a pre research class. (I want to study more religion didactic.) Unfortunately I couldn´t afford to study so I had to decline. Maybe some other time. I love studying and if I could afford it I would probably study the rest of my life. :biggrin:

didatic, pedagogy, are you sure this is in english?

The psychopathic kind.

<silence>

No, I'm not quite sure actually. I have a long time yet to decide.

Yeah my plans go that way as well but I'll be damned if I must be specific about what KIND of doctor

Archived