DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Egwene/the Aes Sedai

Luckers

Guest PiotrekS

While typing this, I couldn't help but imagine an annual jobs fair style event, with the Ajah's, including the Black, all having booths. The White Ajah is two women sitting at a plain folding table with neatly stacked application papers and pens laid out in precise rows. The Blue Ajah has a ton of posters from Greenpeace, PETA, etc and a bunch of young women looking earnest and carrying petitions to sign. Etc for each of the other Ajahs. Meanwhile, the Black Ajah has Ishamael arriving in a way similar to that of Tony Stark in Iron Man 2 at the Stark Expo (except probably bare chested, and on a flaming Harley), followed by AC/DC absolutely rocking Back in Black in front of a screaming crowd of novices and accepted absolutely trashed on an open bar serving tequila and jello shots.

Really, barring a typical mindset already similar to that of a darkfriend, I'm not seeing any other way that recruitment is so good. :myrddraal:

Classic! :biggrin: I wish you'd written some of the Forsaken tea parties!

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, in fairness, Egwene was given that book of names by...an Aes Sedai.

The White Tower is decadent, and corrupt. But not all Aes Sedai are worthless.

Sure...but what can the AS teach the Asha'man about finding out DF's as claimed?..their magic technique was a book given to them by a spy!!

While typing this, I couldn't help but imagine an annual jobs fair style event, with the Ajah's, including the Black, all having booths. The White Ajah is two women sitting at a plain folding table with neatly stacked application papers and pens laid out in precise rows. The Blue Ajah has a ton of posters from Greenpeace, PETA, etc and a bunch of young women looking earnest and carrying petitions to sign. Etc for each of the other Ajahs. Meanwhile, the Black Ajah has Ishamael arriving in a way similar to that of Tony Stark in Iron Man 2 at the Stark Expo (except probably bare chested, and on a flaming Harley), followed by AC/DC absolutely rocking Back in Black in front of a screaming crowd of novices and accepted absolutely trashed on an open bar serving tequila and jello shots.

Really, barring a typical mindset already similar to that of a darkfriend, I'm not seeing any other way that recruitment is so good. :myrddraal:

Classic! :biggrin: I wish you'd written some of the Forsaken tea parties!

The green Ajah has uniformed officer types with poster sloagans saying stuff like "be the best", and a stern looking Egwene pointing and the words underneath "The white Tower needs you". While the Red stall has butch looking women with combats on and crew cuts, a lot of face peircings and Germane Greara as guest speaker.

Love this! You could go on forever!

Sure...but what can the AS teach the Asha'man about finding out DF's as claimed?..their magic technique was a book given to them by a spy!!

We will see in the BT story arc and while Logain will be involved as well, the AS will play a prominent role, therefore invalidating your original point.

Guest PiotrekS

We will see in the BT story arc and while Logain will be involved as well, the AS will play a prominent role, therefore invalidating your original point.

I think the point is that individual sisters will play a prominent role in dealing with Taim, not the WT as an institution. The WT as an institution sent the large unit of sisters under Amyrlin's orders to slaughter people in BT in contravention of at least WT's own laws and surely also the laws of Andor, not to mention basic human rights.

Any great deeds by Pevara etc. will not be directly to the Tower's credit, as opposed to the expedition against the BT, which was an official act, done on orders of WT's highest authority.

If Egwene ordered Aes Sedai to free the Asha'man forcibly turned and reverse the effects of the 13x13, that would certainly gain points for the Aes Sedai as a whole.

I think the point is that individual sisters will play a prominent role in dealing with Taim, not the WT as an institution. The WT as an institution sent the large unit of sisters under Amyrlin's orders to slaughter people in BT in contravention of at least WT's own laws and surely also the laws of Andor, not to mention basic human rights.

Any great deeds by Pevara etc. will not be directly to the Tower's credit, as opposed to the expedition against the BT, which was an official act, done on orders of WT's highest authority.

If Egwene ordered Aes Sedai to free the Asha'man forcibly turned and reverse the effects of the 13x13, that would certainly gain points for the Aes Sedai as a whole.

I never really understand why people try and cherry pick good AS from the bad. If we are going to blame single AS for their blunders and make it a statement on the WT as a whole, so to must we give credit when certain sisters do good. Every time certain AS (Verin, Moiraine etc) do good things, the anti crowd is all well they aren't really AS, that doesn't count for the WT. Given the nature of their duties AS frequently require autonomy and secrecy, that doesn't mean it reflects any less on the institution as whole.

In this instance Pevara was sent by the Highest Red to bond the Ashaman. Has Pevara renounced her membership to the WT at some point since? An AS is AS and her actions reflect on the WT as a whole. You can't have it both ways.

Guest PiotrekS

I never really understand why people try and cherry pick good AS from the bad. If we are going to blame single AS for their blunders and make it a statement on the WT as a whole, so to must we give credit when certain sisters do good. Every time certain AS (Verin, Moiraine etc) do good things, the anti crowd is all well they aren't really AS, that doesn't count for the WT. Given the nature of their duties AS frequently require autonomy and secrecy, that doesn't mean it reflects any less on the institution as whole.

In this instance Pevara was sent by the Highest Red to bond the Ashaman. Has Pevara renounced her membership to the WT at some point since? An AS is AS and her actions reflect on the WT as a whole. You can't have it both ways.

My dictinction - acts performed on orders from legal authorities of the WT, said authorities being appointed in accordance with WT's law and procedures -all those actions reflect on the whole WT. Toveine's expedition and Pevara bonding Asha'man come into this group.

Second, if a majority of sisters are good or evil, it also reflects on the whole WT, obviously. As it is, the general condition of the sisters is very ambigous, some are great, some are evil. So their individual actions pretty much cancel each other out in that regard. I can't say the WT is great because of Moiraine or Verin, because there are Liandrin, Alviarin, Elaida etc. So I judge individual sisters as individuals and the whole institution by the actions it commits as an institution, working within its rules. Because then you can say it is the expression of their collective identity - e.g. Aes Sedai allowing Elaida to stay in office for as long as she did and being willing to fulfil her mad orders must reflect on the whole White Tower.

Therefore I'm not really cherry picking, my criterion is simple: when a sister does something because ordered by an accepted Amyrlin, Ajah head or Tower law or customs, then it reflects on the whole. What the majority looks like, reflects on the whole. The rest is individual virtue or vice.

My dictinction - acts performed on orders from legal authorities of the WT, said authorities being appointed in accordance with WT's law and procedures -all those actions reflect on the whole WT. Toveine's expedition and Pevara bonding Asha'man come into this group.

Second, if a majority of sisters are good or evil, it also reflects on the whole WT, obviously. As it is, the general condition of the sisters is very ambigous, some are great, some are evil. So their individual actions pretty much cancel each other out in that regard. I can't say the WT is great because of Moiraine or Verin, because there are Liandrin, Alviarin, Elaida etc. So I judge individual sisters as individuals and the whole institution by the actions it commits as an institution, working within its rules. Because then you can say it is the expression of their collective identity - e.g. Aes Sedai allowing Elaida to stay in office for as long as she did and being willing to fulfil her mad orders must reflect on the whole White Tower.

Therefore I'm not really cherry picking, my criterion is simple: when a sister does something because ordered by an accepted Amyrlin, Ajah head or Tower law or customs, then it reflects on the whole. What the majority looks like, reflects on the whole. The rest is individual virtue or vice.

Back to the original point by that reasoning wouldn't Pevara having a hand in fixing the BT count on the whole for the WT then?

So the white tower is good, because Siuan, as amyrlin, told Moir to find and help Rand. The fact that only the two of them out of the whole world knew doesn't matter, that must define the whole tower because it was "ordered by an accepted Amyrlin".

That just seems silly. Every Aes Sedai is a spokeswoman for the tower, and their actions all matter. Mostly because the rules, regulations, and culture have a lot to do with how Aes Sedai think and feel about things and that influences their individual motivations and actions. So bad policies can make bad people and that makes a bad tower. And those things are hard to ferret out and fix, and the fixing is always sloooowww. Egwene's on the right track though.

Never said they won't play a prominent role..just that they would not have the leadership role. They are prisoners on their own.

Personally I rather hope that the Ashaman will deal with their own Darkfriend infestation, just as the Aes Sedai delt with theirs. Simply a question of balance. In any case there are at most only four Aes Sedai at the BT who are not following the Shadow (since poor Tarna was turned), and they're up against a very large amount of Ashaman. Even if you add in the Aes Sedai currently outside the BT, they are still ridiculously outnumbered. Which means it is ultimately going to be an Ashaman battle, with minimal, if any, Aes Sedai presence.

Which means it is ultimately going to be an Ashaman battle, with minimal, if any, Aes Sedai presence.

Are you just choosing to ignore the BS quote to the contrary?

One AS playing a major role along with hundreds of Asha'man does not make it the AS show.

Which means it is ultimately going to be an Ashaman battle, with minimal, if any, Aes Sedai presence.

One AS playing a major role along with hundreds of Asha'man does not make it the AS show.

It does if she plays a pivotal role. Also I forget is there only one AS left that hasn't been turned? There are a bunch with Logain correct? Sorry Asunawa but you are going to have to give them credit at some point.

So it is the AS show because BS mentioned that one AS will play a big role?...wow, Elaida when did you escape from Tuon?

Don't worry Logain will save the day along with his Asha'man group and their AS warders!!

one major AS? lololol.

The black tower will be rent in fire and blood and sisters will walk it's grounds. Sisters not just pevara. Pevara is the AS king here. And she along with her AS crew will join up with a few ashaman and avenge Tarna and the rest of the poor folk who got turned because the lord dragon was too busy apologising for being a complete ****.

When AMOL is released make sure you stick around because it's going to be hilarious watching this board...

And for the poster who said egwene has to apologise. I find that laughable. There's nothing to apologise for. Not to rand anyways. The one who should be apologising is Damane now.

Guest PiotrekS

Back to the original point by that reasoning wouldn't Pevara having a hand in fixing the BT count on the whole for the WT then?

If she was told to go and fix the BT, then of course it would. But if her WT orders were only about bonding asha'man and balancing out the number of bound sisters, then I think that if she does something awesome beyond that, it is to her credit, not the Tower's,

So the white tower is good, because Siuan, as amyrlin, told Moir to find and help Rand. The fact that only the two of them out of the whole world knew doesn't matter, that must define the whole tower because it was "ordered by an accepted Amyrlin".

That just seems silly. Every Aes Sedai is a spokeswoman for the tower, and their actions all matter. Mostly because the rules, regulations, and culture have a lot to do with how Aes Sedai think and feel about things and that influences their individual motivations and actions. So bad policies can make bad people and that makes a bad tower. And those things are hard to ferret out and fix, and the fixing is always sloooowww. Egwene's on the right track though.

It is not silly at all, maybe oversimplified a little. If every Aes Sedai is a spokeswoman for the Tower, then all we can hear is one bloody noise, becuase the sisters are completely different and do very varied things. Is the WT responsible for the results of the Succession War in Andor, becaue Elayne is an Aes Sedai? Or for Nynaeve's actions in the Borderlands?

Your Siuan/Moiraine example, even though it touches on the unique situation when the Amyrlin had to plot with her best friend hiding it from the organization she ruled, is still perfectly ok with me. Rand had Siuan's protection (e.g. he could leave Fal Dara and go with Ingtar), she planned to gain support for Rand with the rulers. When she was deposed, she paid for her support for Rand and the Tower itself paid as well - with civil war and division, which resulted when Elaida tried to change their course. So I would say that even if it was only Siuan, Moiraine and Verin, it still reflects on the whole WT, because of Siuan's position.

one major AS? lololol.

The black tower will be rent in fire and blood and sisters will walk it's grounds. Sisters not just pevara. Pevara is the AS king here. And she along with her AS crew will join up with a few ashaman and avenge Tarna and the rest of the poor folk who got turned because the lord dragon was too busy apologising for being a complete ****.

When AMOL is released make sure you stick around because it's going to be hilarious watching this board...

And for the poster who said egwene has to apologise. I find that laughable. There's nothing to apologise for. Not to rand anyways. The one who should be apologising is Damane now.

Er..there are 4 AS with Pevara and 30 outside the grounds. Best case scenario is half of the BT is present, which is around 500 AM. Majority are with Taim so let us put that as more than 300.

Will the 34 AS kick the ass of 300 AM led by Taim..seriously?

Even the DR himself cannot take on such odds!!

Sisters will surely walk the grounds..most of them will be the AS warders obediently following their AM bond holders led by Logain.

So it is the AS show because BS mentioned that one AS will play a big role?...wow, Elaida when did you escape from Tuon?

Don't worry Logain will save the day along with his Asha'man group and their AS warders!!

Really? Calling me Elaida after my post? Sharp wit their xxx.

'

You are comedy in the circles you try to argue. Every time you're shown to be wrong you slide on to something else, but then I guess thats what Trolls do. This all started when you said the AS couldn't offer anything in the way of helping rid the BT of DFs. As happens 99% of the time, you were wrong. Pevara and the AS bonded to Ashaman will all play a pivotal role. Not sure why you rebel against the fact that things are heading towards a balance?

'

You are comedy in the circles you try to argue. Every time you're shown to be wrong you slide on to something else, but then I guess thats what Trolls do. This all started when you said the AS couldn't offer anything in the way of helping rid the BT of DFs. As happens 99% of the time, you were wrong. Pevara and the AS bonded to Ashaman will all play a pivotal role. Not sure why you rebel against the fact that things are heading towards a balance?

I love the balance..balance means female AS power coming down to the ground. Something happening throughout the books.

Haven't you had fun reading about the AS eating crow throughout the books?

one major AS? lololol.

Er..there are 4 AS with Pevara and 30 outside the grounds. Best case scenario is half of the BT is present, which is around 500 AM. Majority are with Taim so let us put that as more than 300.

speculations my friend. just wait and see. And taim controls only one third of the BT. Another third is split down the middle and the remaining are loyal to the dragon.

a few AS/AM circles and we will see how well it all ends up. One thing is for sure. There will be no more black tower. no more turning to the shadow and no more failures. shit was going well until pevara and the AS showed up. Can't wait for Tarna to be avenged

'

I love the balance..balance means female AS power coming down to the ground. Something happening throughout the books.

Haven't you had fun reading about the AS eating crow throughout the books?

Eating crow? that ship has long passed. Their captain is a prisoner for the seanchan. There is a new kid on the block. New rules and new regulations. New alliances have been formed. Status quo is done and dusted. we are going back to how it was in the beginning. The ashaman will be moving in with the aes sedai. the females will be sharing power with the men. There will be no hegemony of power and as much as you like to claim that the present aes sedai hate sharing power, their new captain certainly is not averse to working with men.

Aes Sedai are going nowhere. best get used to it.

one major AS? lololol.

speculations my friend. just wait and see. And taim controls only one third of the BT. Another third is split down the middle and the remaining are loyal to the dragon.

a few AS/AM circles and we will see how well it all ends up. One thing is for sure. There will be no more black tower. no more turning to the shadow and no more failures. shit was going well until pevara and the AS showed up. Can't wait for Tarna to be avenged

The BT matches the nos of the WT..so that is roughly 1000 members. 1/3rd is 330 who are with Taim. If taught by a forsaken as speculated they have AoL level knowledge with Taim personally being stronger than everyone except Logain and Rand. Can the 30 odd AS remaining near the BT fight this group without the help of Logain and the rest of the AM?..even then it will probably be a close thing.

I have nothing against the AS..as long as the female AS monopoly on power is broken. Which is inevitable BT or no BT.

one major AS? lololol.

Egwnene doesn't have to apologise for herself, as she is afterall completely innocent in Rand's capture. However as leader of the WT it is her responsibility to apologise on it's behalf. It's not fair for her, but being the leader of an organisation is not always fair.

Hardly, I just haven't seen it or else I have forgotten it. Would you mind pointing it out?

Archived