DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The big unnoticed thing question

**** Some spoilers from ToM, just in case you have not read!!!*****

I read the ideas all the way up to ToM, and have not returned (I know, shame on me) since, except to get book updates and such. But I was reading ToM again, in preparation of MoL, and I was getting to where Rand returns to Tear and lines everyone up to "see" if the were darkfriends. The scene right before that happens in Tear regards Alanna's disappearance... so she was NOT there for the line up, and if memory serves me right, Rand has not seen her since he got his new powers.

In book 4, we see Verin warning Perrin to be careful around Alanna... we as an audience took it for her instability due to the loss of her warder, but I am wondering if there is more to it. IF Alanna was black Aei Sedai, and THAT is why Verin was warning Perrin...

Well, as I've said, it was a thought, and I wondered if anyone had discussed it. Probably; this is more a "was this base covered" than a AH HA! post. Though it DID give me a little bit of a "giddy up".

I find it doubtful that Alanna is black. Verin composed a pretty impressive list of all the sisters that were black. While this list isn't full proof (and we don't know every name that was on it), it was thorough and Verin spent enough time alone with Alanna to know whether she was black or not. And we don't have any indication that Alanna was on that list. It's much more likely that the letter Verin left for Alanna contained details on a Shadow plot and Alanna left to try and counter this plot.

Well, the whole warning to Perrin in book 4 relies on the fact that Verin knows Alanna is black. But remember too, Verin knows Alanna bonded Rand, which would give anyone pause before putting Alanna on a "kill immediately" list. I don't know, it isn't as crazy as other theories have turned out to be.

In all this, you are probably right; since RJ's death, nothing that has been "revealed" has been much of a surprise, has it? No big twists, no big "WOW" moments, as far as the unexpected. That action scences are top notch, but when we lost RJ, I think we lost a lot of the intrigue.

Alanna is a shady black horse in the books. I personally think that she is black but not fully committed to it (like 13X13) or being influenced to turn to light b/c of the bond with Rand. The reason Verin didn't mentioned her name to Egghead b/c if she is stilled or killed Rand will go apesh*t or maybe for some other reason. Anyways, from what I saw so far things point to her being black more than anything else.

Big unnoticed thing?

My thoughts exactly. If you're suggesting this might be the BUT, read Luckers' thread again it was updated to tell us it was that Mat's weapon is they key. But continue with your theorizing!

I don't think Alanna is Black. Verin's warning to Perrin is because Alanna just lost a warder and is emotionally unstable and might be looking to bond him - without asking.

Even more significant, once Alanna bonds Rand, there's no evidence from her actions that she's working for the Dark or doing anything to harm Rand.

I dont think Alannas Black.

I think Graendals guna either have her 13x13ed or will torture/kill her/destroy her mind with Compulsion in order to get to Rand. Moiraines role (fail without a woman dead and gone or whatever) I think will have something to do with it.

Just quickly, Verin's warning about Alanna was based on the fact that Alanna was thinking about bonding him, with or without his permission, as she later did with Rand. Ultimately Faile put a stop to this by threatening to kill Alanna.

This is stated in LoC; 11, Lessons and Teachers.

Just quickly, Verin's warning about Alanna was based on the fact that Alanna was thinking about bonding him, with or without his permission, as she later did with Rand. Ultimately Faile put a stop to this by threatening to kill Alanna.

Look at Luckers, showing off his knowledge.

Bet you think you are all that, huh? =)

Well, it WAS a bit impressive to pull that out of your hat, but... well...

Look at Luckers, showing off his knowledge.

Bet you think you are all that, huh? =)

Well, it WAS a bit impressive to pull that out of your hat, but... well...

:D :D :D

Archived