DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Heroes of the Horn

ironisles

I suppose it's possible that the "iconic" version of the soul might show up. The wheel is often described as an incredibly complex computer. If you constantly made copies of something in a computer, you'd likely keep a source file to make the copies from. It could be these that are called by the horn.

Now to hijack your thread a bit... here's another question I've wondered.

We know the Wheel of Time has some corrective mechanisms (e.g. any other False Dragons getting taken down when Rand declared himself). So when Birgitte's time comes to be spun out into the world as a new child, would the wheel force her to die as she is now? This would solve the issue of Birgitte falling for some infant; she'd just be a few years younger.

if the Horn is blown and the Heroes come, what happens to the heroes that are already alive again?

They don't appear. See Falme and LTT's absence as a point of reference.

So when Birgitte's time comes to be spun out into the world as a new child, would the wheel force her to die as she is now?

Don't know, but somehow I doubt it. Perhaps Birgitte was meant to be spun out this way.

The Horn does not call any spun out Heroes; I guess the same about ripped out Heroes.

About Birgitte, some of her Viewings contain a man both younger and older than her. I take younger in physical sense (she an adult, he an infant) and older in chronological sense (he was spun out before she was ripped out).

I didn't think that the Dragon was a Hero of the Horn. In TGH the Heroes had to follow the Dragon's Banner, this would indicate that the Dragon is not bound to the Horn.

Perhaps the 'Dragon Soul' is a general, friendly-neighbourhood HotH when he is not serving the rather specific role as the actual Dragon? I'd imagine that being the Champion of the creator of reality bypasses some of the usual protocols when the time comes :tongue:

Archived