DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Breaking Bad Season 4

Emperor

I came into this show late, like earlier this year. I quickly gobbled up Seasons 1 and 2. I am currently half way through with Season 3. This is one of the best shows on TV, certainly in the top 5. If you have no idea what this show is about, then netflix season 1 and be delighted.

Below is the trailer for Season 4 which premieres July 17th, plenty of time for everyone to catch up.

http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/get-ready-for-breaking-bad-season-4

• 3 weeks later...

The series is amazing. It feels like forever since the last season, but hopefully the wait will end up being worth it. Everyone I know is really excited for the new season to air next month. We all have our predictions about what's going to happen. So exciting.

• 1 month later...

AMC says of Sunday's riveting fourth-season premiere, titled “Box Cutter”:

Walt and Jesse face the deadly consequences of their actions. Skyler deals with a puzzling disappearance, as Marie struggles to help Hank with his recovery.

More in the text invisible.

* The episode does not begin where the last left off

* The title of the episode is “Box Cutter” and the first thing we see this season is Gale using a box cutter. He behaves a lot like Michael Scott and Andy Bernard, I’ve come to realize.

* We learn this week Gale’s apartment contains a copy of Stephen King’s “Everything’s Eventual.”

* First dialogue: “How’s it coming?”

* Last shot of the teaser: the head of Gustavo Fring, considering Gale’s words.

* Gus’ enforcer, Mike The Ex-Cop, remains a major player this season, as does “Better Call” Saul Goodman.

* Skylar this week takes a long walk.

* From his sickbed, Hank has taken on a strange new hobby.

* “That’s right, genius. Watch me.”

* Saul’s silent sidekick is a swell new addition.

* The scene above begins about 17 minutes in.

* Gus returns almost 28 minutes in. His scene lasts 10 minutes and is destined to prove one of the series’ most memorable. When it’s over? Think back, if you will, to how upset Walter White was when a single fly “contaminated” his lab.

* Kenny Rogers puts in a surprise appearance.

* How does it end? In Gale Boetticher’s apartment.

10 p.m. Sunday. AMC.

AMC’s critical darling "Breaking Bad" returned Sunday night with the fourth season premiere delivering the show's highest ratings yet with a total of 2.6 million viewers and 1.5 million adults 18-49 - up 30% from the third season premiere

Personally I thought it was amazing. I was heartbroken over Gale. Gus is one scary dude as always.

“Breaking Bad” mastermind says the next, fifth season will be the AMC drama’s last.

Vince Gilligan tells the New York Times:

“This was never intended to be an open-ended show,” he said. “As creators of the show, we have to see it through to the end, to finish what we started.”

Star Bryan Cranston adds:

“We’re able to manipulate time, so that even though we’re four years into the show, we’re only a year into the story,” Mr. Cranston explained. “The conceit was that Walter White was given a diagnosis of two years to live. We’re going to hold to that and, by the end of the series, I can’t imagine him not dying. Although it may not be from lung cancer.”

• 2 weeks later...

Oh AMC.... I used to respect you... why mess with your best shows?

Sony Television is shopping “Breaking Bad” to other channels after the production company and AMC failed to agree on a number of episodes for the series’ fifth season, according to the Los Angeles Times.

AMC wanted the fifth season to run only six to eight episodes while Sony and series mastermind Vince Gilligan wanted to produce the usual 13.

Sony has now approached at least three other cable channels, one of which had to be its crime-drama partner FX, which airs Sony’s “Justified,” and used to air Sony’s “The Shield.”

AMC is on a cost-cutting tear, having reduced the cost of its biggest hit, “The Walking Dead,” by $250,000 per episode for that show’s now-shooting second season. “Dead” mastermind Frank Darabont (writer-director of such acclaimed features as “The Shawshank Redemption,” “The Green Mile” and “The Mist”) has since been replaced as showrunner by Glen Mazzara, creator of Starz’ critically reviled and abysmally rated TV version of “Crash.”

• 2 weeks later...

AMC has finally closed a deal with Sony Pictures TV to renew "Breaking Bad" for a 16 episode run which will conclude the series reports Deadline.

Production on the episodes will commence in early 2012 with their air dates to be determined by the network, though it's expected the eps will be split into two separate seasons.

It's expected both showrunner Vince Gilligan along with actors Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul will renegotiate their deals, but the important thing is the show is not only set but both AMC and Sony have worked out the thorny issue of the show's over $3 million per episode budget which they will both contribute towards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just watched episode 12

oh. my. god.

how did gus know? seriously wtf

also I'm going to miss saul

he was like my second favorite character

is anyone else considering a self induced coma in order to "time travel" to sunday for the season finale?

I really don't know how I'm going to wait the rest of this week

In this week’s penultimate episode of Breaking Bad Season 4, a most desperate Walter White was poised to put a lot of his problems behind him by clicking the remote trigger on a bomb he had concocted and planted on “Chicken Man” Gus’ car.

Gus and his goons, however, never got closer than 10 yards from the booby-trapped auto before something prompted the drug kingpin to stop, walk to the outer wall of the hospital garage’s structure and gaze around for a protracted bit — at times in a hidden Walt’s general direction — before ultimately pivoting and returning inside the hospital.

Does Gus now, among his myriad other talents, possess a “Spidey sense,” as some critics (Time‘s James Poniewozik included) surmised in their morning-after recaps? Did something lead him to suspect that foul play was at play? “That’s a good question,” Vince Gilligan, who created the acclaimed AMC series, tells TVLine. “I think [the about-face] stems not from [something that happened in] the parking garage itself, but his ‘Spidey sense’ started tingling in the previous scene, when he was talking to Jesse.”

To recap: Gus had been summoned to the hospital when Jesse, in the wake of young Brock’s ricin poisoning, refused to return to the superlab to complete a cook. Jesse held firm in his stance — perhaps too firm — until Gus uncharacteristically acquiesced, allowing his employee some personal leave. “That was a strange sort of subdued behavior on the part of Jesse,” Gilligan notes. “Jesse was sort of eyeballing Gus very intently with this sort of controlled but not completely controlled anger simmering underneath.” Left to process the encounter, Gus elected not to get into his car, but instead presumably return to confront Jesse anew.

As Gilligan notes of Breaking Bad‘s big bad, “This is an amazingly smart individual who has not come as far as he has without being very cautious and being one hell of a chess player. All of those things contribute to his ‘sixth sense,’ if you will.”

Three other burning questions we ran by Gilligan during a Monday conference call:

WILL IT BECOME CLEAR HOW BROCK CAME IN CONTACT WITH THE RICIN? OR WILL VIEWERS BE LEFT TO MAKE THEIR OWN CONCLUSIONS? | “You’ll have to wait until [next Sunday's season finale],” said Gilligan, “but your questions will be answered.”

WILL NEXT WEEK’S FINALE LEAVE US WONDERING, “WHAT THE HELL WILL SEASON 5 BE ABOUT?” OR SAYING, “OHHH, SO THAT’S WHAT SEASON 5 WILL BE ABOUT”? | “Probably a little more of the former,” Gilligan shared. “But hopefully you’re just going to say, ‘Wow.’”

AS BREAKING BAD NEARS ITS FINAL SEASON, DOES GILLIGAN KNOW HOW IT WILL ALL END? HAS HE ALREADY WRITTEN THE FINAL SCENE IN HIS HEAD? | The answers are no, and no. “I wish I did — but then again I don’t wish I did, because … there’s a lot of invention left to be done on Breaking Bad,” he told us. “We’ve got 16 more hours to fill, and honestly I don’t exactly know where it’s all going to wind up — and I think that’s a good thing. When we get back in the writers room in mid-November, we’re going to do it the way we’ve always done it, which is build it brick-by-brick…. The best I can say is I’ve got hopes and dreams for the characters, but I don’t have any solid plot moments for them yet. We’re going to find it when we find it.”

so I think

that Walt poisoned Brock

I thought that to, I hope were wrong. But he was MIA for a bit.

remember

when he was spinning the gun? it pointed away from walt the third time. why?

there were some other things that led me to this conclusion but I can't recall them at the moment

4am can make you pretty forgetful lol

so I think

that Walt poisoned Brock

I thought that to, I hope were wrong. But he was MIA for a bit.

remember

when he was spinning the gun? it pointed away from walt the third time. why?

there were some other things that led me to this conclusion but I can't recall them at the moment

4am can make you pretty forgetful lol

What I keep thinking of is

is that Walt has access to Ricin, but does Gus? Sure Gus is capable of doing this, but has Walt fallen far enough to do this. They don't call it Breaking Bad for nothing. He definitely made a decision when the gun pointed away from him. The only thing I think that might make him innocent is that he hadn't started cooking the explosives until after Jesse confronted him.

Either way Sunday can't get here fast enough.

To answer your question:

Yes Gus has access. Like Walt said Gus is pretty crafty and probably knew about the cigarette with the Resin. So Gus had a way to get to it. I like the theory about Walt poisining the kid. Walt would want a way to get Jesse back to his side and this has worked. However I don't think Walt has gotten that bad. Of course he has killed/let people die in Jesse's life in the past to keep him close.

well...

Walt has definitely fallen far enough. He let Jane die so he is capable of hurting Jesse's loved ones. He also knows where Brock lives. And if you remember he got patted down at Saul's. If you watch that again it looks like Huel (sp?) slips something into his pocket afterwards. Saul also knows where Brock lives and in fact delivers money to his mother and candy for Brock. As for the bomb. He needed Jesse on his side to get close to Gus. Remember how he was just sitting by the pool waiting to be killed? What changed between then and when Jesse came over? He was ready to fight. Why? Because he thought of a way to turn the table on Gus. I remember reading once that the shows creator said he will make us hate Walt before the end. This might be the thing that does that.

Archived