Doctor Who Series 6

Emperor

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved the episode.

“Why didn’t the Titanic sink? Because The Doctor didn’t save it.”

"I don't know what room. I haven't memorized every room in the universe yet. I had yesterday off."

“Welcome. You will experience a tingling sensation and then death. remain calm while your life is extracted."

“Shut up Dad, I’m focusing on a dress size.”

"Goodness. Is killing you going to take all day?"

“She did kill me. And then she used her remaining lives to bring me back. As first dates go, that’s mixed signals.”

So is this season going to focus on the Ultimate Question the silence want answered? Did anyone else feel this is a bit Hitchikers Guide to them?

News on casting next season:

Matt Smith’s return to “Doctor Who” next year is old news, but now zap2it has now comfirmed that Karen Gillan will be back as companion Amy Pond as well.

"I am going to come back, yes," Gillan told zap at Comic Con. "That's the first time I've said that today!"

14 season-seven episodes have been ordered, but it’s unclear how many of those will air in 2012 and how many will air subsequently.

And this is why she is giving SJ a run for her money...

kg.jpg

We should do another top 10 list.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been going through Dr. Who on Netflix. Currently on the 3rd season, and damn, Tennant is a fantastic Doctor! I liked Eccleston as well, but Tennant is just quality.

I'm not a big fan of Martha though, she seems pretty one-dimensional so far. Rose was a lot better.

tennant is my doctor. baker used to be, but now tennant is.

yeah, rose was better. that's why she got replaced with someone less good. they said something about it being the rose show and not the doctor show. which was silly, cause tennant could pull it off, even if eccleston had some problems shining next to her.

Gah really annoyed. I was hoping for something really creepy and instead it was another really weird one. Although, I am intrigued to know what the Dr had in his room, and what does he have faith in? And next week it's the cybermen AGAIN. I want to know more about the Silence and the Dr's death already...

Gah really annoyed. I was hoping for something really creepy and instead it was another really weird one. Although, I am intrigued to know what the Dr had in his room, and what does he have faith in? And next week it's the cybermen AGAIN. I want to know more about the Silence and the Dr's death already...

His room was the Tardis. There's a scene where he opens a door and you can hear the Tardis weezing.

Scratch what I said above....

Details on Xmas Special:

UK COMEDY STARS JOIN MATT SMITH IN THIS YEAR’S DOCTOR WHO CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

Emmy nominee Steven Moffat has penned the episode which is now in production

Production has started on the 2011 Doctor Who Christmas Special in which the Doctor (Matt Smith) finds himself in war-torn England embarking on a magical and mysterious adventure with a young widow and her two children.

A stellar guest cast including Claire Skinner (Outnumbered), Bill Bailey (Black Books), Arabella Weir (Skins, The Fast Show) and Alexander Armstrong (Armstrong & Miller), join Matt Smith in the emotional festive special, packed full of Christmas thrills and chills.

Steven Moffat, Lead Writer and Executive Producer, commented: "The Doctor at Christmas - nothing is more fun to write. Maybe because it's so his kind of day - everything's bright and shiny, everybody's having a laugh, and nobody minds if you wear a really stupid hat. Of all the Doctors, Matt Smith's the one that was born for this time of year - so it's the best news possible that he's heading back down the chimney."

The special, set during World War II, sees Madge Arwell and her two children, Lily and Cyril, evacuated to a draughty old house in Dorset, where the caretaker is a mysterious young man in bow tie, and a big blue parcel is waiting for them under the tree. They are about to enter a magical new world and learn that a Time Lord never forgets his debts...

Claire Skinner said: “I am thrilled to be in Doctor Who playing Madge who is a bit of super-mum. It’s a magical part.”

This marks Matt Smith’s second outing as the Doctor at Christmas time and will follow hot on the heels of the successful 2011 season. The season finale, “The Wedding of River Song,” written by Steven Moffat premieres Saturday, October 1, 9:00pm ET/PT on BBC AMERICA.

Steven Moffat is Lead Writer and Executive Producer with Piers Wenger and Caroline Skinner, also executive producing.

Filming on the Christmas special will continue until mid October 2011.

I wasn't paying much attention when it came to the important bit (what the cybermen were doing there, why they were using spare parts) but still I enjoyed this episode much more than the previous 3. Although I was a bit baffled about Amy and Rory randomly turning up. And yay we saw the silence again at the end! Was wondering when we'd see them again.

Archived