DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Doctor Who Series 6

Emperor

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard a few spoilers by accident but I won't repeat them. I did hear that the cast for episode 13 is supposed to be awesome.

Can you post them in spoiler tags ployse?

I just read about it. Could be a bunch of BS as IMDB usually get things wrong....

SPOILER? Readers are flooding us with the “news” that former Doctors David Tennant and Peter Davison will appear in the season six finale of “Doctor Who” this autumn.

Readers, we are aware. The rumor seems to stem from IMDb’s cast list for the finale.

And I’m here to tell you whenever IMDb reports something exclusively, it’s likely nonsense.

I just read about it. Could be a bunch of BS as IMDB usually get things wrong....

SPOILER? Readers are flooding us with the “news” that former Doctors David Tennant and Peter Davison will appear in the season six finale of “Doctor Who” this autumn.

Readers, we are aware. The rumor seems to stem from IMDb’s cast list for the finale.

And I’m here to tell you whenever IMDb reports something exclusively, it’s likely nonsense.

I need to find some way to appropriately express my joy if that is true.

Cool episode. Angry doctor would've been so much better with Tennant though.

"Don't play games with me! You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand! I'm the Doctor, and you're in the biggest library in the Universe. Look me up."

I miss him...*sadface*

Just to clarify, SD was hypothesizing at me which I mostly disagreed with :p.

I was guessing that the girl is Pond's and was somehow contaminated by the time vortex. Though I kinda like the idea that she's Song.

:tongue:

• Community Administrator

Just to clarify, SD was hypothesizing at me which I mostly disagreed with :p.

I was guessing that the girl is Pond's and was somehow contaminated by the time vortex. Though I kinda like the idea that she's Song.

:tongue:

I am now convinced, that little girl, may very well be doctor sung. Whom I suspect is also a time-lord, (probably half-time lord). And that Pond is doctor sung daughter.

I was half right! :P

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler for everybody but the website clarifies that:

River Song is Amy and Rory's daughter. It doesn't say she is a Timelord though, which actually doesn't make sense considering she is Amy and Rory's daughter.

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler for everybody but the website clarifies that:

River Song is Amy and Rory's daughter. It doesn't say she is a Timelord though, which actually doesn't make sense considering she is Amy and Rory's daughter.

Well,

The explanation given in the last episode seems to indicate that she is actually at least part Timelord, from exposure to the Time vortex from the moment she was concieved. Basically, she has gone through an extremely accelerated evolution. Granted, these are the conclusions made by the characters in the series, and while it does make sort-of sense, they might be wrong.

Via his Twitter stream, Steven Moffat has just confirmed that BBC has ordered 14 more episodes of DOCTOR WHO (i.e. DOCTOR WHO Series/Season 7). His Tweet reads thusly:

14 eps + Matt DEFINITELY. I've got a plan and I'm NOT TELLING YOU WHAT IT IS. Now hush or River shoots you with her Spoiler Gun .#formaqueue

BBC's Sam Hodges (Head of Communications) mirrors the sentiment, also via Twitter (this info by way of DoctorWhoNews):

#DoctorWho is returning. Fourteen new episodes have been commissioned with Matt Smith as The Doctor #bbc1

Spoilers for next season...

A BBC press release says that a fourteen-episode seventh season has now been confirmed for "Doctor Who" with Matt Smith to reprise the role of The Doctor for the entire run. Whether Smith will hang around for an eighth season in 2013 - the franchise's 50th Anniversary - is unknown.

The deal cements in place production on this year's Christmas special and a standard 13-episode season next year, but does not discuss whether things will be split (like this year) or go back to a 13-week run in either the Spring or Fall. A lot will likely depend on the ratings of the second half of season six.

Despite Smith's return, it's now looking highly likely that neither Amy Pond (Karen Gillan) or Rory Williams (Arthur Darvill) will be joining him. The longest regular run for a companion since the show's return in 2005 has been two seasons, their run would match that and doesn't preclude them returning as guest stars like many former companions did in the Russell T. Davies era.

Arthur Darvill has been cast in Shakespeare's Globe production of Christopher Marlowe's Doctor Faustus from later this month through to October, right during the time of seventh season filming which commences next month. An interview with The London Evening Standard had Darvill talking about his Rory role in the past tense.

Gillan did the same thing when talking about her role of Jean Shrimpton in the upcoming BBC4 drama "We’ll Take Manhattan". Gillan says "I have just literally gone from Doctor Who to that so I haven’t had a chance to sit and have a think. I actually would really like to go home to Scotland for a little while and reflect on what has happened and then decide what my next move is, but I don’t know what that is yet."

Cultbox reports that despite the events of last weekend's season finale, Simon Fisher-Becker is set to reprise the role of Dorium Maldavar for the thirteenth episode (the full season finale) of this year.

Becker says while his turn in the mid-season finale was more heroic, in the full season finale he's more of a "tormenting mentor". Joining him will be writer/actor Mark Gatiss who already played Professor Richard Lazarus in the third season episode "The Lazarus Experiment".

Meanwhile, following on from the success of this year's episode penned by Neil Gaiman, fantasy author Terry Pratchett is now rumoured (via Combom) to be writing an upcoming episode of the show - a claim Pratchett denied on Twitter last night in a roundabout way that hinted that he had met with showrunner Steven Moffat about a project.

The first solid report of a writer for Season Seven comes from DW Spoilers which reports that John Fay will pen an episode. Fay penned the second and fourth episode of the five-part "Torchwood: Children of Earth" mini-series and is also working on the upcoming 'Miracle Day' season.

Well Frankenstein was still alive, whereas a spare parts TARDIS was/is not. . . A TARDIS works because it has a living soul. When the living part dies, the TARDIS no longer works, because it is powered by the living part. That has been shown on the show as well. There is simply no plausible way that a TARDIS made from old scrap parts could work, even if 'another TARDIS' helped build it.

dr frankenstein built his monster from dead parts of dead people, who once had living souls, and stopped working because they died. but sew up the parts, zip zap some lightning, and. . . it's Alive! once was dead, now is alive anew. not still alive. the soul question is questionable.

kinda half the point of frankenstein.

. . . and we now return you to your doctor who discussion. please excuse the interruption. just, you know, frankenstein. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Writer Steven Moffat's commitments to BBC One drama Sherlock will mean fewer Doctor Who episodes in 2012, the channel's controller has said.

Danny Cohen told a Derbyshire media conference that Moffat "needs enough time to get that done and then start work on the next series of Doctor Who".

That meant there would be "not as many" episodes of Doctor Who, he added.

But Moffat later wrote on Twitter that scheduling of Doctor Who had "nothing to do with Sherlock".

Doctor Who is one of the BBC's flagship shows. The series typically runs for 13 episodes every year.

Last week the BBC announced that they were filming 14 new Doctor Who episodes, including a Christmas special, to be broadcast from next year.

But Mr Cohen said that not all of the commissioned stories would be transmitted in 2012.

"There will be some episodes, but there won't be a full series, so we won't have a 13-part run," he told the audience at The Church and Media Conference.

Mr Moffat is one of BBC One's key writers, who oversees all Doctor Who episodes.

He is also one of Sherlock's executive producers, and is currently writing one of the show's three new episodes.

"There's only so many hours a day he can be awake," Mr Cohen said, referring to Mr Moffat's workload.

"The man has to sleep and eat, and he's got a family."

Both programmes attract high viewing figures and between them received five nominations at May's TV Bafta's, with Sherlock winning two prizes.

"Steven Moffat is the creative driving force behind Doctor Who. He also, rather magically at the same time, created and got to air Sherlock. So we have to get that balance right," Mr Cohen said.

"There'll be more episodes again in 2013, for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who. So that's a big year."

The remaining six episodes of the current series will air on BBC One later this year.

Moffat has subsequently tweeted: "The scheduling of Dr Who has got NOTHING to do with Sherlock."

• 1 month later...

News on casting next season:

Matt Smith’s return to “Doctor Who” next year is old news, but now zap2it has now comfirmed that Karen Gillan will be back as companion Amy Pond as well.

"I am going to come back, yes," Gillan told zap at Comic Con. "That's the first time I've said that today!"

14 season-seven episodes have been ordered, but it’s unclear how many of those will air in 2012 and how many will air subsequently.

And this is why she is giving SJ a run for her money...

kg.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived