DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Will something happen to Elayne and/or Aviendha?

I noticed a couple things in Aviendha's trip through the rings in TOM. First, some of the lives Aviendha lives are within what would be within her natural lifespan, such as her daughter and granddaughter. Aviendha does not appear in these visions. She is mentioned exactly one time, but never actually shows up even when it would be reasonable for her to be there, such as the meeting in her daughter's life.

Elayne also should still have been queen during the part where the queen of Andor was shown (No more than 60 years after the end of the series). What gives? Is this a statement that Aviendha's and Elayne's days are numbered?

Technically, we dont know if the vision is accurate, sad to say, it may very well be. I do agree with you though, I dont think it is set in stone.

I always noticed this too and it annoyed me. The first (or last, I should say) was what 20 years afterwards? Nobody survived, Melaine, Amys, Sorilea (although, i suspect she is old enough) Avi, Tuon, Mat. Then the next, 60 or so as you say, no Elayne.

I am not sure if this is just a "mistake" from Brandon or the outline, or if it means something. We know at least Mat and Tuon make it safely, and Aviendha is in the last scene of the book (apparently, I cant find the quote however). Mat is only 22, and Tuon 19 (?) I doubt they would be dead in 20 years. It just seems veery suspicious to me, more reaosn to believe it is not accurate, or at least only a possibility.

Of course, the other meaning could be that all of them get offed somehow as you said, but tooo little is known about the vision, I wouldnt base any theories off it, it is too unexplored.

Probably one of the ways they win lets call the bad way everyone dies either at Tarmon Gaidon or a short while after, and Aviendha aswell as saving the Aiel will save all or most of the main characters from their fate, I think the 2 fates are interlinked and its to do with Rand's attitude which she must change.

I think that in the case of Mat, his safe emergence from Ghenjei was not guaranteed at that point. In the case of Elayne and Aviendha, I think it likely that after a number of years they abandoned the world to go live in hiding with Rand. I don't think that will change, though they might stay a little longer based on Aviendha's visions (though I think it more likely that other changes will have more effect there than additional babysitting of the heirs).

So halls of mourning is basically Camelyn?

i think the Halls of Mourning is Camelyn but it is widely discussed that it could be ToG.

but i think Camelyn is more plausible as a great battle and a great many people are going to die.

I'm sure 'halls of mourning' will be more clear after AMOL, but 'Finnland seems a good choice as they call themselves the 'warriors of final regret'.

I have always thought the ToG was the "Halls of Mourning".

What exactly is the argument for Caemlyn?

Only the above (not my argument), which seems a little weak to me. It could be Caemlyn, but I'd hope there would be a better connection given in AMOL if that were the case.

Pretty weak to me as well.

I just thought I missed a theory somewhere.

Archived