DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dragonmount Steam Group

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

So, alot of DM'ers have steam, alot don't.

So I decided to create a steam community group.

If your not familiar with steam you can download and create an account at

http://store.steampowered.com/

When you think steam, think XBox live, with apples App store, with the apps being games.

It has thousands of games, including virtually all the new pc releases, tons of indi games, and alot of the older ones you simply can't find anymore.

By joining a steam community group, it basically allows anyone in it, to view what 'game' others in that said group are currently playing. You can even join them in said game assumings its joinable.

The link to the steam group is here, or you can simply search 'dragonmount' under the community tab in your steam application.

Added a logo, and we've already got 22 members on the steam DM group.

Infact, it looks like we've got some wot fans who weren't even apart of DM andgiven I linked everything back to DM, who knows may get more members to DM this way. ;)

Infact, it looks like we've got some wot fans who weren't even apart of DM andgiven I linked everything back to DM, who knows may get more members to DM this way. ;)

I tweeted the steam group on the @DragonmountSoc twitter account. I'm glad to see people were intrigued enough to check it out.

Just an aside, on the steam friendlist, which the DM group will appear, if you open it up, click the little arrow next to it, theres a chat room function. Meaning you can chat with anyone in the DM group as a whole, meaning anyone and everyone can chat in that room, multiple convos,ect. (think chat in mmos)

So, I just very recently downloaded Steam and Portals 1 and 2. I have no other friends on Steam, but really want to try out the Portal 2 co-op. How does that work exactly? Anyone interested? Do I need a microphone or something?

So, I just very recently downloaded Steam and Portals 1 and 2. I have no other friends on Steam, but really want to try out the Portal 2 co-op. How does that work exactly? Anyone interested? Do I need a microphone or something?

I dunno about portal 2 and co-op, However if you join the DM steam group, you will instantly be able to see anyone in the DM steam group, and the games they are playing, I'm not sure about the co-op but you could easilly just ask people in there (mention your from DM) and ask if they are interested in co-op.

Other games like say, Team Fortress 2, or other multi-player shooters, you can join a game in progress, sides don't seem to matter. (Killing a friend can be just as fun as helping them kill others :P)

I haven't tried the co-op yet but I've seen some reviews and comments about it. Obviously, it's easier with a mic, but there is an in game highlight system. Essential, you can mark certain locations with an icon that tells your partner that they should do the icon action at that point.

Ive watched a friend play through the co-op with a bunch of randoms from the net. The mic is a real help, but not essential.

Also, it's great. Glados is hilarious in her cruelty.

I'll be joining this group soon, but I'm pretty sure the only steam game I have is Dawn of war 2.

Archived