DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Can Demandred channel the True Power?

OptimusPrime

50 members have voted

1. 1. Can Demandred channel the True Power?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

What do you think???

I know this seems like an obvious one, there WAS a PoV of him noting he believed Moridin to be the only one that had access. However, time has passed since then, and also we now know Moridin isnt the only one. Now Im not personally a believer of the offscreen balefiring theory, but there are those who are, and add to that the fact that he is STILL in his original body, after all this time.... Could things have changed? Could he have been given access by, say, the end of ToM?

This was more or less an on-the-fly thread idea, not seen it discussed before, and while its not been mentioned in the books for a while... nows the best time to speculate, right?

Discuss your thoughts, share your predictions, and enjoy it while there is still time!

EDIT: Inserted poll, was supposed to do that the first time

If Demandred is the shadow's main player then arguably he has/will have access to some of it at least.

Yep. If Graendal with all her failings was allowed to channel it (albeit a little), Demandred surely would be able to.

Voted unsure.

Forsaken meeting in Winter's Heart tells that just Moridin was granted access to it.

That could have been a lie/misunderstanding or that might have changed when Rand channeled it.

To maintain a convincing disguise of an extremely ugly boy less than half his true size I would say yes.
That can be done with the One Power.

To maintain a convincing disguise of an extremely ugly boy less than half his true size I would say yes.
He isnt Olver.
That is a pretty bold statement to make with no supporting evidence.
Robert Jordan told that Demandred's alter ego was not on screen up through Crossroads of Twilight. Sanderson confirmed telling up through Knife of Dreams.

He isnt Olver.

You dare blashpheme against Olvendred?!

I think even if he did, he wouldnt use it. Everytime he thinks about it it is in very uneasy thoughts. Graendal was half flaunting it around in front of Aran`gar, but Demandred wouldnt do that.

I think he would use it against Rand, but only if he saw Rand use it first. Then again, that instant of surprise will of course be enough to ruin Demandreds chances of putting up a fight. Doesnt look like they'll be given heads up about Rand having access.

I found it odd that Graendal had a brief taste of it late in the series. It had been established that the DO seemingly reserved that ''treat'' for the Nae'blis. That of course was Moridin mainly throughout the second half of the series. It almost seemed like a bit of a desperate act by the Shado/DO to allow Graendal access to it for a short stretch. Now that one non-Moridin Chosen has recieved the priveldge, however, why not two? Who knows what tricks the DO has up His sleeve for the Last Battle?

- Fish

Then again, that instant of surprise will of course be enough to ruin Demandreds chances of putting up a fight.
That would depend upon the target and/or on the exact weave/weaves; perhaps also on whether Demandred can avoid being hit by the weave/weaves.

I found it odd that Graendal had a brief tste of it late in the series. It had been established that the DO seeminly reserved that ''treat'' for the Nae'blis. That of course was Moridin mainly throughout the series. It almost seemed like a bit of a desperate act to allow Graendal access to it for a short stretch. Now that one non-Moridin Chosen has recieved the priveldge, however, why not two? Who knows what tricks the DO has up His sleeve for the Last Battle?

- Fish

I could be remembering wrong here, but didnt Graendal say that Moridin gave her the ability to channel the TP? Perhaps Moridin still is the only one who has the privelege, but somehow he is able to allow others to do it too?

Sounds flimsy now that I think about it :P

I found it odd that Graendal had a brief tste of it late in the series. It had been established that the DO seeminly reserved that ''treat'' for the Nae'blis. That of course was Moridin mainly throughout the series. It almost seemed like a bit of a desperate act to allow Graendal access to it for a short stretch. Now that one non-Moridin Chosen has recieved the priveldge, however, why not two? Who knows what tricks the DO has up His sleeve for the Last Battle?

- Fish

I could be remembering wrong here, but didnt Graendal say that Moridin gave her the ability to channel the TP?

She thought to herself "It was a gift from Moridin... Oops I mean from the Great Lord, best not get mixed up between those two."

- Fish

I could be remembering wrong here, but didnt Graendal say that Moridin gave her the ability to channel the TP?

She thought to herself "It was a gift from Moridin... Oops I mean from the Great Lord, best not get mixed up between those two."

Don't feel too bad, Sanders...ERRR!!!...I mean ''Graendal'' referred to Shaitan as ''the Dark One'' in TOM rather than ''Great Lord.'' (It was a Graendal - one of the Chosen - POV. Truly inexcusable, imo).

- Fish

- Fish

Don't feel too bad, Sanders...ERRR!!!...I mean ''Graendal'' referred to Shaitan as ''the Dark One'' in TOM rather than ''Great Lord.'' (It was a Graendal - one of the Chosen - POV. Truly inexcusable, imo).

- Fish

I suppose her calling him the Dark One might not actually be a mistake, but that requires a whole new theory about Graendal, and that is one theory Im not going to come up with.

But about her mistaking her True Power access as Moridins gift, well. If the Dark One possessed Moridin, then she might have a reason to mistake them. Just like the rest of the Forsaken mistook Ba'alzamon for Ishamael... None of the others have used the True Power enough for the Dark One to be able to possess them.

P.S. check your inbox mayte!

Archived