DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tel'Aran'Rhiod

Dyce

Well, I just wanted to mention, after reading about the Big Unnoticed Thing, the possibility of T'a'r being significant in the Big Unnoticed Thing.

There's something that I've been thinking about, that may be small but may not either, about the possible link between T'a'r and the world of the Aelfinn/Eelfinn's. Both of these places are unnatural and defy nature, as well as both places having the feeling of being watched. And also with the rescue of Moiraine and her seeing an unknown male person who simply states that she is not the one he is looking for. IMO this could possibly be Slayer, as he would be strong enough to walk through unchallenged by the finn's. And Mat is the only one of the 3 Taveren who has not had access to T'a'r. Except for the fact he has a strong connection to the Tower of Genjei and the land of the finn's. Not to mention Olver, who is strongly connected with Mat, has a strong want to go to the land of the Aelfinn to ask his questions, and also just happens to win the game without cheating at the same time that Mat escapes the Tower.

But I'm not sure when it was first introduced into the series. Although it has been lightly mentioned through the rest of the series. And I believe that T'a'r is going to be significant in the last battle. The wolves in the wolf dream are heading to the Last Hunt so there must be a battle to be had in T'a'r as well.

Please let me know what you think of this.

Well, I just wanted to mention, after reading about the Big Unnoticed Thing, the possibility of T'a'r being significant in the Big Unnoticed Thing.

There's something that I've been thinking about, that may be small but may not either, about the possible link between T'a'r and the world of the Aelfinn/Eelfinn's. Both of these places are unnatural and defy nature, as well as both places having the feeling of being watched. And also with the rescue of Moiraine and her seeing an unknown male person who simply states that she is not the one he is looking for. IMO this could possibly be Slayer, as he would be strong enough to walk through unchallenged by the finn's. And Mat is the only one of the 3 Taveren who has not had access to T'a'r. Except for the fact he has a strong connection to the Tower of Genjei and the land of the finn's. Not to mention Olver, who is strongly connected with Mat, has a strong want to go to the land of the Aelfinn to ask his questions, and also just happens to win the game without cheating at the same time that Mat escapes the Tower.

But I'm not sure when it was first introduced into the series. Although it has been lightly mentioned through the rest of the series. And I believe that T'a'r is going to be significant in the last battle. The wolves in the wolf dream are heading to the Last Hunt so there must be a battle to be had in T'a'r as well.

we know what the big unnoticed thing is, but where are you in reading the books before i say

I think Slayer is proof that T'A'R will be necessary in the last battle.

The Shadow created a tool to be used there.

I think they're going to try to take Rand out for all of eternity if they can first kill him.

However, this does clash with my theory that the Dark One needs Rand to kill him, and probably doesn't want Rand dead.

I think Perrin will be needed to save Rand's neck from the Aes Sedai who have the dream rings.

That would fulfill the need for him to be near Rand a second time, to save him from Women who can channel.

I also think T'A'R will be necessary for Rand to seal the Dark One up.

"There is no salvation without destruction, no hope this side of death."

Rand will need to do something in the dreamland to send the world into the next Age.

we know what the big unnoticed thing is, but where are you in reading the books before i say

I've just finished reading ToM. Bring on the spoilers lol.

But another thing that just popped into my head as well... Min has just recently had a viewing of Callandor being held by a hand that appears to be made of onyx. When Mat first enters the Tower of Genjei, the walls appear to be made of a black onyx material. Is there any significance in that? Especially since people have been saying that maybe rand will try and replace his hand in T'a'r.

Lol, I was just reading through the post 'The Unseen Eyes of Tel'aran'rhiod' and something struck me. Here it is let me know what you think, whether it's the Big Unnoticed Thing or not, I think this thought may have some merit. This is what I posted there.

For some reason, I always thought the Unseen Eyes were the Finns, specifically the foxes, waiting to take the skins off people who dreamed their way into T'A'R'.

Having said that, I do not really no why I thought that....

It's funny that you mention that. I was just reading throught these posts trying to find the answers to this myself. I actually thought I was the only one who had thought of the Unseen Eyes as the big BUT, until I read these posts lol. I have actually made a post myself discussing this lol. But after reading all these posts, something else struck me. One thing that hasn't been mentioned here is that the Unseen Eyes are actually in the realm of the finns as well. Now answer me this. There are 2 races in the land of the finns...that are known... The Aelfinn - Snakes - and the Eelfinn - Foxes. How many towers does Mat see when he looks out the window at the strange world? 3. 3 towers, but only 2 races. Does this seem odd to you? The realm of the finns is unnatural, akin to T'a'r, if not different, but still similar. They have both the Unseen Eyes, although it seems to make you think of them as the finn's. What if this is not the case? Or more so, it is but an unseen race of finn's? And also the fact of T'a'r in my belief is ruled by the wolves, not man. Could this mean there is a third race of finn's? Perhaps a race of wolf finn's? Man has the potential for both good and evil. What if the finn's are the same? Only the third race has not yet shown themselves? It is something I have literally only just thought of so I don't have anything to back this up, but thinking about it seems right. Can anyone else think of something that could back up this line of thinking? Or does it at least shed a new light on this line of thought for others? Please let me know, I am very interested in the Unseen Eyes thread.

The BUT was the fact that the 'Finns gave Mat the ashandarei as a means of escaping Finn-land.

Are you serious? That seems like such an insignificant thing to be the big BUT. Has this been confirmed by BS?

I can't really call that insignificant, looking back at it. Mat, Moiraine and Thom would all be dead without it, and the Last Battle therefore lost. It's how you break the game - carrying fire, iron and the rest is like playing the game with loaded dice - useful but by no means a guarantee, not even break even odds of winning. Mat's luck couldn't even guarantee a win. But a staff that can cut a hole out of the tower from anywhere? THAT is a game changer.

I think Perrin will be needed to save Rand's neck from the Aes Sedai who have the dream rings.

Not that it seems to be the topic of this thread, but why would Rand need saving from those AS? They're relative novices in TAR, and he's as trained as any Forsaken. There is the issue of numbers, but that's a bit anti-climatic, don't you think?

I can't really call that insignificant, looking back at it. Mat, Moiraine and Thom would all be dead without it, and the Last Battle therefore lost. It's how you break the game - carrying fire, iron and the rest is like playing the game with loaded dice - useful but by no means a guarantee, not even break even odds of winning. Mat's luck couldn't even guarantee a win. But a staff that can cut a hole out of the tower from anywhere? THAT is a game changer.

Maybe not insignificant, but not significant by far. Do you think Mat's luck would let him lose? He doesn't lose games, and the Snakes and Foxes game is winnable. I mean it's won by Olver, and he doesn't have the luck that Mat has. Mat had a way out other than the Ashanderei, and I believe without the Ashanderei his luck would have led him through a different route to the exit he bargained for with the Eelfinn.

Not that it seems to be the topic of this thread, but why would Rand need saving from those AS? They're relative novices in TAR, and he's as trained as any Forsaken. There is the issue of numbers, but that's a bit anti-climatic, don't you think?

Rand is far more trained than any of the Forsaken, and more powerful by far with exception maybe to Moridin, and Damondred being the unkown factor. There is no way Rand could succumb to the power of AS, even if they were in a circle. I don't believe Rand will accept a second Dumai's Wells. The second meeting with Perrin and Rand IMO would be more to do with the Shadow Prophecy at the end of Towers of Midnight, but being a prophecy of the shadow, if the Light stands true, than the SP will fail, and vice versa.

More powerful with the OP, yes, but not by far. And OP ability isn't as important in TAR. We have zero evidence that Rand is more expert at it than any of the Forsaken (nor do we have evidence to the contrary), but it stands to reason that he's at least as trained as AoL AS usually were. Certainly not a novice. So while the FS might hold their own against him there, I doubt the BA could.

Ahhh the Eyes, and I was so sure I was right on this.

Incidentally I emailed Maria and she said there might be an answer to the Unseen Eyes--I think she said in the encyclopaedia. I'll look up the email and post it.

I'm not sure that will happen at all; however, we do know that Rand will need Perrin, and I thought he will need to save him from Aes Sedai.

I just think that's the one place where Perrin can be a big help to Rand.

If Rand dies, and is hunted by Slayer in the Dreamland, and hunted by 13 BH with Dreamrings (or however many rings they have), and any Forsaken that dare to take part... then he's probably going to need some help before Nyaneve can resurrect him.

Perrin being near Rand is important, and he's near him now, but he's already saved his neck once in the real world, why not the dreamworld?

More powerful with the OP, yes, but not by far. And OP ability isn't as important in TAR. We have zero evidence that Rand is more expert at it than any of the Forsaken (nor do we have evidence to the contrary), but it stands to reason that he's at least as trained as AoL AS usually were. Certainly not a novice. So while the FS might hold their own against him there, I doubt the BA could.

Remember, Rand IS LTT and LTT was the Dragon in the AoL. Referenced in ToM Rand considers himself to be roughly 450 years old, with his life and LTT's added together. He has not undergone the training himself but now that he has realized that he is LTT and has all his memories, he does as well have the training that LTT had as well. And with his Taveren nature, his will is the strongest out of all three, by far, which gives him more will than Perrin in which I believe he could be stronger than him in T'a'r. He also can travel directly into T'a'r, which means he does not have the same problem as Perrin to hold onto the part of him that is also in the Waking World. So I do believe he is a force to be reckoned with, inside and out of T'a'r.

Ahhh the Eyes, and I was so sure I was right on this.

Incidentally I emailed Maria and she said there might be an answer to the Unseen Eyes--I think she said in the encyclopaedia. I'll look up the email and post it.

Cool, thanks Luckers =D. I do believe that the Unseen Eyes do hold some major significance which has yet to show itself.

One other thing about T'A'R is that if you know how, you can Heal yourself in there. Slayer knows this and has used the fact at least twice. Perrin tried but only managed to replenish the blood he'd lost. I'm wondering if it's significant. Three possibilities that occur to me are: Elayne going into prem labour; and Rand's wounds Healing, or his hand growing back. But perhaps that's a bit deus ex machina.

What is the big unnoticed thing?

*TOM SPOILER*

The BUT was the fact that the 'Finns gave Mat the ashandarei as a means of escaping Finn-land.

*TOM SPOILER*

got it thanks

@Mai, before ToM came out Brandon said that there was something buried in a previous book that he hasn't seen discussed anywhere, which is going to be very important in ToM. It was donned the BUT, and much speculation was made as to what it was.

*TOM SPOILER*

got it thanks

well as yet I haven't seen any confirmation of that yet.

Archived