DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Homefront

murf2011

Played the SP. A bit short but decent story. The SP is broken down into easily recognizable parts separated by "invisible walls". These got quite annoying after a while since each section can only be advanced when your AI teammates get into an exact position before the next section will be opened by script. And I mean each. If you block one of the AI's, it'll keep glitching around until it's gets to it's spot to start the next scene. I actually broke the game at one point by doing this and pressing 'E' at the character who opens up the next area.

Got it last week, already trade it in.

The MP is nothing new. It really feels a step behind COD or Battlefield. I do not like the accumilation of Battle points. With all that said I would have kept playing except the people I played with really hated it. We have moved on to Crysis 2.

I have played it for a few days and still can't make up my mind. The stealth and armor attributes are interesting but I can not make up my mind if I like them yet. Possibly because I am not good at them. The guns and level up items are few... so I fear this game will hold my attention for a short time. The maps are great, the sound effects are great... and there is no lag like in Homefront. The true test of the game is how it plays when my group of friends are on. I keep hearing this game is geared to rewarding groups that stick together.

Game Informer gave it a 9 rating:

Concept:

Bring Crytek’s signature sandbox shooter to consoles with a new engine and a more cohesive story

Graphics:

With the CryEngine 3 at its disposal, Crytek created a beautiful game filled with jaw dropping destruction and scenic backdrops. Only occasional pop-up and texture loading issues detract from an otherwise gorgeous title

Sound:

Hans Zimmer lent his talents to the soundtrack, but his contributions fail to give the score the evocative impact of his film work

Playability:

Crytek did a great job of transposing the nanosuit control onto the gamepad. The satisfying gunplay is silky smooth and navigating the environment as a super soldier is a blast

Entertainment:

A must play for jaded gamers sick of corridor-based shooters. Crysis 2 offers you a sense of freedom seldom found in the genre

Replay:

Moderately High

Sound:

Hans Zimmer lent his talents to the soundtrack, but his contributions fail to give the score the evocative impact of his film work

OVERRATED!

Seriously, his film work isn't even that good (with the exception of Gladiator). I definitely wouldn't expect his game score to be that good.

I was one of the few that liked Mercenaries... and I love Battlefront. You are right to pass.

That review is for single player Krak. I wish people would give a score for each aspect of the game. Like I said, I care more about MP than single... unless it is Fable or Oblivion-like. Single player games with a few hours of gameplay are a waste of money to me.

Archived