DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Calling All Novices and Accepted!

Christine

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, this all sounds awesome! I just adore the dress dying idea. I could totally see Caillean getting into that. Her family did work in textiles after all, so she would know how to do it. ^^ Plus she’s a bit sheltered and naïve too so it certainly would work.

The way I sort of imagined Caille finding the whispering hole would be on her first night in the tower. A bit dazed and overwhelmed I see her sitting on her bed playing her flute softly to calm her nerves and then she hears someone whisper, maybe because they heard her music or were just talking, but she goes to investigate and finds the hole.

As for me, I just ruined in my novice quiz last night so I will probably have to wait a bit before getting access. Hopefully soon though!

Okay, so I'm aware I'm not part of the RP community but I'm a friend of Myrenna's. And she's informed me that her internet has gone down, which could last up to three more days (Hopefully not) she just wanted you to know, and that she's really really sorry! Happy roleplaying!

Well, with Myrenna gone, let's pause that thread with the three of them whispering through the whisper holes. Definitely something to do eventually... perhaps we can just make it so they knew they were there all along, but all three had really bad days and just wanted to chat or something? Or perhaps, while she is gone, poet and I can discover the whisper holes one night and do a little RP, then Myrenna can jump in later as having gotten in late and checking on the new girls?

ANYWAYS! Back to this prank!

So, let's get this going. Who's dress are we dyeing, and who is suggesting it? We need to hash this out so that we can talk to Amadine about it, get approval, and figure out what punishments to have for it.

I offered up Gera as the butt of the prank, and I think Leala offered herself too. One dress would need Blue Dye the other Bleach.

As for punishments... well, I think the only appropriate punishment would be to be sent to work in the Tower Laundries for a month! See how the pranksters like dying and bleaching then! :smile:

Yup, just remember Gera and Leala will have to post six times to get it to count as Accepted reqs. Also, I have a general question that I don't know who can answer, but it came up in whatever is left of my comprehensive thoughts. Exactly how are the stripes put on Accepted's dresses? Are they some sort of bias tape or are they dyed or woven straight onto the dress? I'm asking because when Leala's dress is dyed, it might run through her mind that she may have taken a Novice's dress from the laundry or something if they were just dyed on there. But if they were woven, she'd be like, "I know this is my dress, but what happened to it?!"

I am pretty sure it is woven...

Alright, how to break down this thread so everyone gets requirements:

Gera and Layla both post walking down the hallway, chit chatting, and then ordering one of the novices, Myrenna, to do a chore, who posts. Then another post from both Accepted, one more from Myrenna, who then continues her post into mentioning it to Aliena and Caille. Then a post from Gera and Layla about going to bed and leaving their dresses out, and a post each from Aliena and Caille taking their dresses.

At this point, we have:

Gera 3

Layla 3

Myrenna 2

Aliena 2

Caille 2

Then Aliena and Caille post about dyeing the dresses, and then another post each about returning the dresses, running into Myrenna along the way who then posts.

Gera 3

Layla 3

Myrenna 3

Aliena 4

Caille 4

We then have Gera and Layla posting waking up with their dresses on, and Myrenna walking by outside and getting blamed. Caille and Aliena wake up and come out to see what has happened. Gera and Layla then both lay out their punishments and run to the MoN while Myrenna tells them how funny it all was and how horrified the Accepted were.

Gera 5

Layla 5

Myrenna 5

Aliena 5

Caille 5

From there, the MoN doles out punishment, and Gera and Layla go about getting their dresses fixed. Myrenna, Aliena, and Caille then post about their chore.

And everyone has 6!

Does this work?

Hey guys, I'm on my phone's internet at beanscene, lol. Since novices are played in retro, we can mess around with time. You can do the prank without me and say something about Riana mentioning it, and when I get back online we can go backwards and get her to mention it... if that makes sense.

BRB, getting TARDIS. Sorry for bad writing. My phone hates Dragonmount.

Also if it wasn't clear, I don't need to post in the prank thread at all, only whisper holes for my Homesickness req. Since Riana won't take part in pranks it's illogical for you to wait for my return to do something my character won't be a part of. We can set it up in the other thread when my internet's fixed. :) blast you, British telecom! They hate rural folks.

This sounds good to me, and thanks Christine for breaking it down post by post. ^^ I’m still getting the hang of working in all the reqs and all so that was really helpful.

I’m definitely in. Do we need to ask permission from Amadine first or do we just set up the thread? Not sure how pranking works around here yet. ^^

LOL My bio has been CC'd. Arath took care of that with a simple poke! I finally got access yesterday and have already posted my arrival at the tower thread. Poet, we have to submit it to Amadine because it is a prank thread and because we have to get punished.

Since Myrenna wants out, I am going to rehash it a little bit like this.... A will equal the two accepted, N will equal the two novices, for the sake of sanity. If one Accepted posts, so does the other one. Same with the Novices.

As will both post about being tired of chores. Then Ns will post about just wanting to please the As in general. The As will then send the Novices to clean their dresses. Ns will then hatch out a plan to clean their dresses and dye them since they had overheard that it needed to be done. As high five over success of getting out of laundry and post that they can go to bed early for once. Ns then post dying the dresses and returning them to their rooms.

As - 3 posts

Ns - 3 posts

As then wake up horrified with their dresses. Ns go to recieve praise only to be yelled at in the As response. Then the Ns go with the As to the MoN's office. MoN post of punishment.

As 5

Ns 5

Then, As RP out finding a new dress while Ns RP out punishment.

THIS WILL THEN LEAD INTO THE MYRENNA WHISPER HOLE THREAD! In this said thread, Myrenna will talk to them about missing home and being tired of always being wrong and blah blah we can hatch that out later.

Once I get everyone's good graces on this, I will submit a better looking version to Amadine and to all of y'all. When we get the thumbs up, whichever A wants to post first can do so, and then just go in a circle from there!

My thinking at this point is, Myrenna has already been around a little longer than Poet and I. Let's have it in the timeline that Myrenna has been there a year longer than the other two. We can set the timeline with Intro to Saidar for Poet and I in our first year, along with the Daes Daesmar class and this RP in the whisper hole. We can then place the prank thread in the second year? So Myrenna, the Whisper thread would be your second year. Sound bueno?

To the prank people, typing up the layout now. As soon as I have it completed, I will PM it to Amadine and post it up here so that if I got anything wrong, we can correct it quickly.