DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where is Demandred's Army coming from?

Lord D

170 members have voted

1. 1. Where is Demandred's Army coming from?

2. 2. If you selected "Other" above, where do you think Dem's army is?

• The Black Tower
    • Murandy
    • Seanchan
    • Some combination of all the above
    • Still other

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Mat goes to Seanchan, I think your theory is a done deal. He needs somebody to fight one-on-one to motivate tHotH.

I believe RJ said that we would not be visiting Seanchan.

They can't cheat us of the "kneel before the Crystal throne" prophecy!

I guess that means the throne will be transported to Randland? Maybe we won't see Seanchan, but we need to at least see the Seanchan throneroom.

If Mat goes to Seanchan, I think your theory is a done deal. He needs somebody to fight one-on-one to motivate tHotH.

I guess that means the throne will be transported to Randland? Maybe we won't see Seanchan, but we need to at least see the Seanchan throneroom.

Well, they could bring the throne, or it could be a metaphor for Tuon who is afterall Empress.

Or it could just be a lie made up by Moridin.

Well, they could bring the throne, or it could be a metaphor for Tuon who is afterall Empress.

Or it could just be a lie made up by Moridin.

Imho, that particular prophecy has been built up so much throughout the series, they can't just handwave it away as simply being a fake prophecy planted by Ishmael (although this wasn't confirmed either.) Either he has to kneel, or he has to confront it and expose the lie. Also, there's the bit about the Crystal Throne possibly being a ter'angreal that causes obedience in those who see it...it's like building up two fighters before a boxing match.

I don't think Demandred is in Seanchan, or that he had much influence with it period. Yes, he had an alliance with Semirhage, but Seanchan seems to be just Semirhage's domain. Demandred may have had influences there (and if this is so, then shouldn't he also have influences in the White Tower as he was also in an alliance with Mesaana?), but I'm sure he has his own armies, as the Seanchan would have been Semirhage's armies had she not been revealed and Tuon (the real one) been killed.

Demandred has been doing something big so I doubt he's been involved with the Seanchan since Semirhage was involved there. I don't know why people assume he hasn't been doing anything. Not being "onscreen" doesn't mean he hasn't been off doing some crazy things that will have severe consequences in the Last Battle. The most logical explanation which many agree with and has been laid out by Terez in theory is that he's been in Murandy building an army in the mountains while helping Moridin influence Taim at the Black Tower in Andor. That way he can send an army into Caemlyn (which the Murandians might be gunhoe to do since they have some dislike for Andor) while at the same time having Taim keep control with his Asha'man in the Black Tower. There is also a theory that he has been balefiring the pattern which could be a whole other topic :)

• 1 year later...

I haven't seen anyone mention this but at the start of chapter 1 of ToM where the wind is blowing in Seanchan it mentions great ships that have finished their attack. These ships had red painted sails. Now this happens when Rand is already Light-infused but before this Demandred said his rule is already secure and he is marshaling his troops for war. Now since everyone refers to the Land of Madmen as a place with premative people (I don't know about it, I have only heard of it here) I can not see them having great ships ready for an assault on Seanchan. I therefore believe that Demandred's main force is in Shara, he is using this force to conquer Seanchan while there is still time left to gather more forces. It makes sense since the people of Seanchan and of Shara can be convinced that the people of Randland are evil and obey the shadow. He could be masquerading as the Dragon Reborn, as someone above mentioned, to both groups of people.

There was a point, during the whole campaign against Sammuel, where someone created gateways to transport a small group of Aiel in to assassinate Mat in the middle of his army. So there seems to be some group of Aiel who were serving one of the Forsaken even that long ago. I'm guessing that that Forsaken (possibly Demandred, although who knows) has since transformed them into the freaky red-veiled Aiel.

Archived