DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Caemlyn is burning!

Brown Ajah

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever happens, Caemlyn should come out of it in one piece... Otherwise the possible future that Avi saw in Rhuidean would already be invalidated... And why bring the threat of that horrible vision coming true this late in the game if they were going to dispel it right away?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know that we can assume Mat will be there to save the day.

We don't know how much time passed while he was in the tower.

He could be showing up weeks after the attack.

Who is there? I'm going to have to read the Army Role Call thread.

My guess is Mat will be there to fight, but if Mat doesn't come to the rescue, then I have to believe that the Aeil, Seanchan, or Rand's forces will be there to fight the Trollocs at some point.

It might be too late for anyone to save the city, but the bottom line is there WILL be a fight in Camelyn.

There WILL be a fight where Lan is, and probably half a dozen or more in other parts of Randland.

Rand might just leave everyone and go straight to Shayol Ghol.

We know he's got some blood to spill.

just to state what I think is the standing forces around/in Caemlyn

raw recruits (huge recruitment drive by Elayne, training is questionable)

recruitment/training staff (rather low in number will serve as low level commanders in organizing the troops)

city guard/royal guard (high in number due to the size of city and castle, plus it has been increased over tiem to fight crime the shadow has been causing)

regular forces (I personally think she left aroudn half her troops behind since she had forwarning of an attack and instead opted to take mostly cairheinen troops to FoM)

kin (low in number very valuable thoguh)

windfinders (cant recall if there are any left but there would be around 3-4 of them if I recall correctly)

Band of hte Red Hand (medium->high in number)

mercenaries (high in number)

raw recruits (huge recruitment drive by Elayne, training is questionable)

recruitment/training staff (rather low in number will serve as low level commanders in organizing the troops)

city guard/royal guard (high in number due to the size of city and castle, plus it has been increased over tiem to fight crime the shadow has been causing)

We can only guess about those.

regular forces (I personally think she left aroudn half her troops behind since she had forwarning of an attack and instead opted to take mostly cairheinen troops to FoM)
It is said that she takes both Andoran and Cairhienin soldiers to FoM. She also sent soldiers to beef up the borders because she thought the invasion would be external.

windfinders (cant recall if there are any left but there would be around 3-4 of them if I recall correctly)

There are over a hundred of the Kin with Elayne in Caemlyn. The strongest and the leaders are probably at the FoM. The remaining Kin should be able to send word unless the ones left do not know the weave for Traveling or there is a dreamspike in effect.

Band of hte Red Hand (medium->high in number)

mercenaries (high in number)

Since Elayne took most of the Cairhienin soldiers in the Band, it's currently around 20-25,000. The other mercenaries are around 10,000.

There are over a hundred of the Kin with Elayne in Caemlyn. The strongest and the leaders are probably at the FoM. The remaining Kin should be able to send word unless the ones left do not know the weave for Traveling or there is a dreamspike in effect.

on this note, do we know how far teh dream spikes radius is, and how far caemlyn is from it. cause if its like 4-5 kms theres a chance it could be in effect still

... or Rand's forces will be there to fight the Trollocs at some point.

Quick semi-related question, where is the Legion of the Dragon right now?

Last we heard, their camp was twenty miles from Caemlyn. They may still be there or they may be in Illian or at Merrilor.

Archived