• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

Regarding the Points Page - it's actually quite a few inactive members as well, as we haven't tracked activity. We're now doing that again, however, so in 6 months (which is the new time required to become an inactive member) the page will shrink quite a bit.

Here's hoping activity picks up then as news starts going out. Forums in general are kinda stale and with the series being over I can understand a lot of people are gone, I think once a teaser trailer or something for the show hits, we will see an influx of people

Forums in general are kinda stale

This. It's so hard to find a good forum these days. Social media killed creativity and community on the internet. But Dragonmount is doing vastly better than most, and given the average age here I don't think we're ever going away. We'll have peeks and lulls, but most of the people here are pretty well settled in with life.

The Civfanatics forum is a very good forum too, but it's strictly Civilization related, so if you don't like the game it's not interesting.

But yeah, Dragonmount is nothing short of a home on the internet for me.

In my opinion Civ 6 is in every way superior to Civ 5, though you do need to scale up a difficulty level because the AI isn't quite up to the mark. Civilization 5 has a few mechanics that are annoying but do-able on their own, until you play either Civ 4 or Civ 6 and figure out how restricting those mechanics actually are. Worst offenders in Civ 5 are global happiness and techs and social policies becoming more expensive if you have more cities, though there's a lot of minor things as well.

If you don't want to spend money on it though (and I could see why you'd want to wait for a sale or an expansion), you can buy Civ IV with expansions. Super cheap (I think I got it for like 15 euros) and much better than Civ 5. Also a lot harder. Civ 4 AI is actually super strong.

There's no global happiness in 6, there's no increasing social policy costs in 6, there's no increasing tech costs in 6, there's no forever-locked-in social policies in 6, etc.

Also in 6, your cities now builds districts on the map itself which then allow you to build buildings of a certain kind there (for example, a Campus allows you to build a Library, University and Research Lab, a Commercial Hub allows you to build a Market, Bank and Stock Exchange, etc). You now have two tech trees, the second one being related to culture. Workers (now called builders) have a number of charges but instantly build improvements, roads are now built by trade routes, which means that different countries will actually be connected, cities do not start with a ranged attack but instead need walls for that, and so on.

Edited by Leyrann

I probably should mention, by the way, that there are also people that don't like Civ 6, even among those who got experience with both 6 and 5. I don't understand them (so far), but there's a chance you won't like it either, I suppose. If you consider a bigger empire to always be better, however, then you'll definitely like both 4 and 6 more than 5.

Yeah i rather enjoyed rolling over the enemies near the start and capping a bunch of territory early game, but the massive expansion was always quickly slowed by the amount of happiness you have to jam into the cities soon after.

Strategy games in general i love

Yeah just started on the second "book" of the first book since neither the full book nor the first part were readily available.

Lost a fair chunk of memories and most of the series is blank in my mind but the beginning is pretty much all there so it's no problem.

I think just the first two, I can't seem to attach pics on mobile but eye of the world is split into "from the two Rivers"? I think and "to the blight" with the second half starting with Rand I and Matt on Domons boat, (which sucks because I miss the part about the shadow city) know the second book is also split too but i can't remember its name

It says " interior illustrations used with permission by Wizards of the Coast Copyright © 2001 Wizards of the Coast inc.

Ornament art for the chapters is done by Matthew c Nielson and the cover art is done by Charles Keegan.

So sounds like the only bits added are inserted bits of stock art heh