DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My First Time Reading Eye of the World

Coz

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Perrin and Failie were almost killed by an axe... alright, I'll buy that. I really, really dislike this romance though.

Brace yourself for some cringeworthy chapters soon in this case.

The good news is that in the second part of the book this romance gets way better, at least IMO.

And I'm back.

I know, I know, how could I disappear for so long? Well, it's a long story, but my leg is much, much better and therapy has been -- suffice to say -- exhaustive, but worth every minute to finally just be able to walk around a store again. In the meantime, I'm starting up The Shadow Rises again... hope everyone joins along..

YEEEAAAA!!!!!!!

I was despairing that we had lost you from the Wheel of Fandom.

Ignore the naysayers. Robert Jordan is one of the best authors I have read especially for this genres.

This work of his is destined to be a classic. I hope that you will agree before you get all cought up to the rest of us.

:biggrin:

Yeah, a lot of people don't like the Perrin/Faile romance. It's at it's best in the second half of this book, and in Towers of Midnight.

The only problem is it is a bit of a long wait till ToM, but I am sure Coz will make it :)

Yeah, a lot of people don't like the Perrin/Faile romance. It's at it's best in the second half of this book, and in Towers of Midnight.

The only problem is it is a bit of a long wait till ToM, but I am sure Coz will make it :)

Long wait? Really? It only takes, like, a month to read through the series.

Oh, wait, that's just me. Nevermind, then.

That the Dragon-helm of Dor-lomin as your Avatar?

Long wait? Really? It only takes, like, a month to read through the series.

Oh, wait, that's just me. Nevermind, then.

That the Dragon-helm of Dor-lomin as your Avatar?

You must have a lot of time on your hands :wacko:

The relationship itself doesn't bother so much, it is just that a certain even is dragged out over something like 4 books....

and yes it is the helm.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm one of the only ones that doesn't dislike Faile. Perrin is the woolhead. If he only put her over his knee once a day she'd respect him like the man he is.

Nah I'm with ya. I love Faile!

To his defense, it would take me a couple months too to get used to the idea that my wife wants me to beat her every now and then.

I think I'm one of the only ones that doesn't dislike Faile. Perrin is the woolhead. If he only put her over his knee once a day she'd respect him like the man he is.

To his defense, it would take me a couple months too to get used to the idea that my wife wants me to beat her every now and then.

Meh, Faile doesn't want beatings. I was being sarcastic.

My only beef with her is that she doesn't tell Perrin what she wants. But, if I got angry every time that happened in this series, I'd always be angry.

Meh, Faile doesn't want beatings. I was being sarcastic.

My only beef with her is that she doesn't tell Perrin what she wants. But, if I got angry every time that happened in this series, I'd always be angry.

I know, I wasn't being completely serious either :biggrin:

However, for a guy like Perrin, who's always repressed his anger for fear of hurting someone, it requires quite a bit of conscious discipline to suddenly start shouting and raging at a loved one. If you think about it, Perrin and Faile are pretty much polar opposites.

Archived