The Sun Throne

Charlz Guybon

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will rule Cairhien?

• Elayne Trakand
    • Galad Damodred
    • Moiraine Damodred
    • Dobraine Taborwin

I think it makes the most sense that Dobraine would. Not only is he the only one who has experience running the country (for Rand), but he also is the only one who isn't busy leading an army, a country, or saving the world. I don't believe that Galad would want to be a King, though I would be him as second from that list.

Moraine, I just don't see happening. If she survives at all, she is Aes Sedai, and has very much separated herself from Cairhien. She isn't a leader, she is a doer.

I have no idea why Elayne plans to take the Sun Throne. It makes absolutely no sense. That being said, she is a buffoon. What kind of greedy, narcissistic person believes that: just barely winning a succession in Andor where she has JUST been named Queen, she already plans to go over to Cairhien and tell them that, since her father was from an important House, that she is going to be their Queen, too. She knows next to nothing about Cairhien (if she's even been there), and doesn't even have a hold on Andor. I also can't imagine that Andoran's would be super glad if their Queen spent a lot of time in Cairhien. This isn't all Elayne's fault. Rand is an idiot also, but at least he was just being lazy and trying to get rid of a Country while also trying to get into Elayne's pants.

I have no idea why Elayne plans to take the Sun Throne. It makes absolutely no sense. That being said, she is a buffoon. What kind of greedy, narcissistic person believes that: just barely winning a succession in Andor where she has JUST been named Queen, she already plans to go over to Cairhien and tell them that, since her father was from an important House, that she is going to be their Queen, too. She knows next to nothing about Cairhien (if she's even been there), and doesn't even have a hold on Andor.

I thought she made clear that she had no intentions of going for cairhein until after she had consolidated her rule over andor and before rand made his intention to give the throne over to elayne, she had no ambition to go for it.

I dont think we will see cairhein with a ruler for the rest of the series.

I have no idea why Elayne plans to take the Sun Throne. It makes absolutely no sense. That being said, she is a buffoon. What kind of greedy, narcissistic person believes that: just barely winning a succession in Andor where she has JUST been named Queen, she already plans to go over to Cairhien and tell them that, since her father was from an important House, that she is going to be their Queen, too. She knows next to nothing about Cairhien (if she's even been there), and doesn't even have a hold on Andor.

I thought she made clear that she had no intentions of going for cairhein until after she had consolidated her rule over andor and before rand made his intention to give the throne over to elayne, she had no ambition to go for it.

I dont think we will see cairhein with a ruler for the rest of the series.

The issue isn't that she is taking care of Andor first, it's that, before she even has any experience as queen of one nation, she decides she will be queen of Cairhien. As for Rand giving her the idea, she could always say, "One Queendom is enough, thank you."

I really like the idea that Moiraine takes the sun throne.. Of course this is assuming a lot of which I don't know the resolutions too. Regardless, if Mo is safely recovered (which we all like to beleive will occur), she is a Damodred, and her ruling in Cairhien would be something Rand would support, likely even encourage. Unless of course, he wants her around..

well hawkwing had rather large armies at his disposal (plus I believe hawkwing had AS help in gathering nations behind him) so he could consolidate all that area easily, plus he had taveren help.

now for Darlin and Caraline they owuld both need to raise larger armeis and claim the intermidden land, and develope and police it. (according to Ingtar and later Dylen all that land had been claimed but they couldnt hold it / police it)

Uhmm. So I'm not sure if any of you Moiraine sun throne supporters have read New Spring, but she has made it pretty clear that she does not ever want the sun throne and would do anything to escape having to rule a nation. It's half the reason she left the tower and hardly ever returned.

I'm thinking it'll probably be Galad because his "always doing good" has to have some sort of conclusion. Maybe it's just me but I thought that there was always a greater purpose for that. Cairhien where everybody plays the Great Game; Galad would lay down the law and be dispensing good and justice.

Granted it could be Dobraine just as likely or somebody we minor. My only doubts for the sun throne are Elayne, I seriously doubt she will rule both countries.

Archived