DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hockey Season!!

Lessa Nikia

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, Canucks made that series way harder on themselves than it should've been.

But WOOT! Don't see any more major hurdles for Canucks to get to the Finals. Gonna go all the way baby!!!

Really? Nashville and Vancouver split the regular season series 2-2 and none of those were easy wins for either side. I see it going 6 or 7 games before it is decided (in the Predators favor)

It's a tough game because it's s tep up in competition for both teams.

Nashville handled Anaheim; a team with a very powerful offense, one of the best front lines in hockey and a voracious powerplay, but the Canucks were just as effective offenseively during the season and were also stronger on D and in net. Nashville will want to attack the puck carrier, attack Schneider hard when they play him and stay out of the box.

Vancouver gets to play one of the strongest defenses in the league, backed up by a more likely Vezina candidate than their own keeper (though Luongo can just cry into his Jennings). This is a team that is going to forcve a lot of 1-goal differences coming into the third period: there's not very often going to be big cushions on either side.

Vancouver has to looking into burying three or four a game. I know every team would like to score at least three or four goals every game, but Vancouver needs to drive in scores early and force Nashville to open up. They don't want every game to come into the third 3-2 or 1-1.

I see Van in six really tight games, though it could go a seventh.

• 2 weeks later...

So don't want to jinx any teams, but it looks like the next round will be:

Canucks vs Sharks

Lightning vs Bruins

Apparently EA's NHL 11 got 8 out of 8 for predicting first round winners. For this second round, they predicted all the lower seeds would win except Canucks. It seems like they'll get 3 out of 4 this round, with Sharks beating Wings, which is still very impressive.

Silver I have to ask, by EA do you mean your pitting the teams against each other in NHL 11 or something?

I think the company is pitting the teams against each other and letting the game run on automatic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please don't judge us Vancouverites too badly. It's just a small portion of us that are idiots (mostly from Surrey :P).

Well...they still judge the idiots in Detroit as the majority for the same thing...that happened in 1984.

• 2 months later...

Archived