DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hockey Season!!

Lessa Nikia

So I was going through what you are all taking about with sports and noticed that you don't have a discussion for the hockey season this year. (I guess you just needed a Canadian to start it that's all)(this comment is not meant to be rude)

So...Who you think will make it to playoffs? Your favorite team? Your favorite players? Impressed with anyone yet? Oh! Your fantasy team?(If you have one, cause I don't:tongue:)

Personally, I'm not sure who will make it to the playoffs, because in the past i have been far off so I won't even try. My team is the Calgray Flames. (go ahead and laugh, I'm use to it) I look forward to see what the rookies do this year, especially Taylor Hall. (I'm such a girl)

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never watched hockey until I met my wife. She's a big Penguin fan and I've gotten into watching the last couple of years. They made some nice trades this summer and have added some nice depth to their lines. I'm picking them to go all the way this year. Also excited about the new arena. I don't know if I'll get a chance to get there this year, though.

Well, I used to be a huge hockey fan. I loved watching it. I am a Blues fan(And a Blackhawks hater) and greatly enjoyed the tem through the 80's and 90's.

I lost alot of interest in Hockey when the lockout occured. I lsot the rest of my interest when they reinstated the league with the new rules geared towards making it a higher scoring affair. I don't think 8-6 is a hockey score. I liked those old gritty 2-1, 1-0 type of scores. I have seen a few games here and there, but I have not watched regularly since before the lockout.

*Shrug*

What a variety of opinions! I love this! I don't hate/dislike any teams and the only reason why I like the Flames is because I grew up in a family of Flames lovers. So far, I don't know who will win the Cup but who knows?

I'm a big Thrashers fan. I was at the opener last week against Washington. The way Pavelec went down was terrifying. I was watching the play at the other end of the ice and then all of a sudden he was just lying on the ice. I'm extremely relieved that it looks like it was just a fainting spell, with a little luck he'll be back on the ice soon. Other than that that game was a pleasure to watch. Evander Kane is looking great this year, and Burmistrov is showing a lot of promise. If he keeps putting pucks on the net the way he has they're going to start going in for him. Of course, watching the next two games wasn't nearly as much fun. There's talk that Jimmy Slater might be ready to play by Friday, which is encouraging, although it worries me that Bogosian is hurt. Other than that I just hope Bergfors gets back on top of his game; he hasn't been playing very well so far this year.

I have to say (and I ask you please not to pee yourself laughing) that I am a Toronto Maple Leafs fan. *pauses to let the shock of finding they actually still have fans wear off all your faces* Yes yes, I know...but when you grow up with the type of fan my dad was you can't help but cheer...for that one game they may have won...*sighs*

On a more positive note there is a good chance for them this year. The team seems to have been completely torn down and rebuilt so we'll so see how it goes. I do feel bad to loose so many players, but well see how they do. So far they are 3-0, and sadly I heard on the radio today this is the first time in 11 years that they have been 3-0....So yes, its sad, but dear god they are due! I don't even remember the last time they made it to the playoffs. I'll be jumping for joy if they even get to round one this year!!

THere's n oshame in being a Leafs fan. They usually start off good but then stumble when it gets time for the playoffs, but other than that, they are good.

The movement of teams from smaller nothern cities to larger southern ones has been a mixed blessing I think. It is sad that well established teams chose to move. However, it did bring the sport to a larger audience who never had really explored it before, which helps it grow overall.

So I had been building up to this season a bit. I was thinking maybe this was the year I got back into hockey. I find out the Blues are 2-0, so I tune in to game three. They lose. I watch game 4.....the blow it late. I took a chance on the 5th game of the season tonight....they blew it late again. Looks like it will be the same story as last year. Tons of blown leads late in games. :gholam:

Thread needs to be changed to Ice Hockey.....

Why's that? Saying "hockey" works just fine.

It sucks when they decide to move a team. :sad:

Agreed. I haven't been able to truly root for a team since the Hartford Whalers were moved. I can't bring myself to root for the 'Canes. I'm teamless, heh.

That being said, I love hockey, and watch any game that I can find. To me, it's the most exciting sport out there. I'm hopeful for the Leafs this year, but who knows. As an Original Six team, it's nice to see them do well.

*Cough Cough*Not anymore*Cough*

Yeah I am pretty sure I caused that choke. Everyone knows that as soon as you name something, it will fall apart. Take anouncers for instance. As soon as they announce that "this kicker has not missed a FG this season". Their next kick will be a miss.

Oh well... still got a good start going.

Archived