DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

suspicion about Moridin

Darian

May be someone has stated this but i couldnt find anything in the discussion, but is there something between Moridin and Rand? I believe in The Gathering Storm, Graendal thought that Moridin looked a lot like Rand when she was first summoned to his tower. she also thought his hand flexed oddly, the same hand that Semirhage destroyed. Also there were instances when Rand closed his eyes , Moridin's image flexed into his vision. could moridin and rand be the opposite of the same coin?

May be someone has stated this but i couldnt find anything in the discussion, but is there something between Moridin and Rand? I believe in The Gathering Storm, Graendal thought that Moridin looked a lot like Rand when she was first summoned to his tower. she also thought his hand flexed oddly, the same hand that Semirhage destroyed. Also there were instances when Rand closed his eyes , Moridin's image flexed into his vision. could moridin and rand be the opposite of the same coin?

They became linked/mixed up when their beams crossed (nice GhostBusters tie in there)... So, that might be the reason why Rand goes ga-vomitting everytime he wants to do his voodoo... and also why Moridin feels Rand's hand/no-hand. ;)

could moridin and rand be the opposite of the same coin?

Ishamael said this himself on at least one occasion. Whether it's true or not I prefer to leave to you. My own counsel will I keep (for now anyway).

/yodalaugh

Rand and Moridin are linked by a crossed balefire stream. Amongst other things this is causing for them to see each other in their minds eye, for thoughts to drift between them, apparently for Moridin to feel something of what Rand feels (if the hand and the 'I could kill Semirhage for what she did' comments are indicative), for them to share dreams. It is also the source of the nausea Rand feels when he draws on saidin (and likely the reason that Moridin has given up using saidin altogether after three thousand years of alternating).

I go into much greater detail in my thread: The Rand/Moridin Link

A thought just occurred to me. Does anyone think that perhaps, maybe, Moridin a.k.a. Ishameal, was a former Dragon? That he got tired of being the Dragon and suffering so many pain and loss that he just want the whole thing to end? When Ishameal turned to the dark side, the Pattern immediately created a new Dragon, LTT who in his previous lives may have been a false Dragon but a potential candidate by the Pattern to be the Dragon in case the current Dragon failed?

Just a rambling thought.

They became linked/mixed up when their beams crossed (nice GhostBusters tie in there)... So, that might be the reason why Rand goes ga-vomitting everytime he wants to do his voodoo... and also why Moridin feels Rand's hand/no-hand. ;)

I always assumed that rand's sickness wasa from the fact that he channels more of the OP than a normal human should be able to handle without eithing linking or using an angreal......

I have been pondering an idea about the prophecy that states"the three shall become one",thinking that Rand,LTT,and Moridin would become one to defeat the dark one,until the end of book 12 where it says that rand will never hear LTT again,in which case maybe Rand and LTT have become one,waiting on that the last to join.

Rand's soul is the soul of the Dragon (though to our knowledge that specific title was only used in the Age of Legends, but Rand's role has always been the champion of the Light). Ishamael/Moridin has never been that. Ishamael is a philosopher and a theologian and he just saw the DO winning as an inevitability.

Archived