DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

ToM Review from Jason - a Petition

jemron

Ok, so Leigh Butler's non-spoiler review of ToM just went up on Tor.com. This is a petition to get Jason to post his review of ToM asap, since I can't hardly stand reading anything that Leigh writes, personally. And I loved Jason's review last year of TGS.

So, if we get enough people to sign off on this, maybe he'll post it sooner than later (wishful thinking, I know).

Sign off!

@ka243 I know, I shouldn't be so mean, but something about Leigh's posts bug me. I understand a lot of people like her writing/smarta**iness, but I can't take it anymore! I stopped reading her blogs after about book 5. I did like her review in the sense that it got me even more excited about ToM; but it just wasn't nearly as good for me this year or last year as Jason's was.

Guys, Jason nearly burned himself out getting DM8 up and running, and as you may have noticed, there is still a bit of work to do. Give the guy a break, will yabiggrin.gif

I hope you know this is all in good fun.

Anyway... POST IT!... please...

If you don't care for Leigh's writing--she can be rather foul-mouthed (foul-fingered?)--the important things to take away from her review are that she liked it a lot, and lots of stuff happens, none of which she was able to reveal.

After TGS, where there was an understandable level of anxiety over whether BS would screw it up or not, at this point, assuming you're not one of the few who didn't like TGS, ToM can't get here fast enough.

I'll admit it, even if Jason reviews it and says "Worst WoT EVAR", I'll be there on day one. I was sad when Harry Potter was over, and I invested very little of my life into that series. When WoT is over, I think I'll cry, curled up around a WoT calendar or poster collection of the new, good covers (if they ever release one).

Yeah the review! Overtime and no pay!

Nah just kidding. I feel to be honest that I can wait, Ive already seen a couple of minor spoilers on the other forum and Im not sure I want to push it. I got pulled into the spoiler thing before just because I couldnt wait, Im guna try and be more careful this time.

Also, none of that RAFO about Asmo stuff!

Yeah the review! Overtime and no pay!

Nah just kidding. I feel to be honest that I can wait, Ive already seen a couple of minor spoilers on the other forum and Im not sure I want to push it. I got pulled into the spoiler thing before just because I couldnt wait, Im guna try and be more careful this time.

Also, none of that RAFO about Asmo stuff!

same. i really regret looking on the last page of TGS. we all know why.

I know this is crazy but the book is probably north of 700 pages long (about 25,000 words longer than tGS) and with everything Jason has had to do with the ToM Trailer, getting DM8 going, and the Cons, has he even had time to read it?

This is in contrast to Leigh whose only extracurricular activity I see is run a Wheel of Time re-read and blog on Tor.com.

The review doesn't exactly have to be Pulitzer prize winning material here. It is non-spoilerish so really will just focus on the emotional reaction to the book and whether he feels it is going to be good or not and whether he feels Brandon has done a better job with the Wheel of Time voice than before . . . especially as it applies to Mat.

I'm thinking it's not up because he either hasn't read it all the way yet or it is so mind-blowing and soul-crushingly good that he has to read it twice to get his true thoughts in order.

Anyway, just my two cents

I know this is crazy but the book is probably north of 700 pages long (about 25,000 words longer than tGS) and with everything Jason has had to do with the ToM Trailer, getting DM8 going, and the Cons, has he even had time to read it?

According to MacMillan's page (http://us.macmillan.com/towersofmidnight), Towers clocks in at 864 pages (TGS was 784, which MacMillan has listed on there as well).

I have to admit I've been checking back here to see Jason's review of ToM as well, but I"m sure he's stretched thin with everything going on as dfchang indicated.

Nevetheless.....Signed ;) LOL

I think the review may be harder to write this time around. There are a loooooot of loose ends to tie up...Seafolk? The Ogier? The Tuathuanan(Leaf people)? Shara? Shaido? Borderlander Army? Holy Crap! How do they all get crammed into this book?

Methinks this book will be all kind of all over the place. I think it will be too busy, too much, too soon for all of us to handle; our heads will spin, our stomachs churn, we will be left breathless and there will be sadness when we are done reading because it could have been sooooo much longer. Ironic isn't it?

I think the review may be harder to write this time around. There are a loooooot of loose ends to tie up...Seafolk? The Ogier? The Tuathuanan(Leaf people)? Shara? Shaido? Borderlander Army? Holy Crap! How do they all get crammed into this book?

Methinks this book will be all kind of all over the place. I think it will be too busy, too much, too soon for all of us to handle; our heads will spin, our stomachs churn, we will be left breathless and there will be sadness when we are done reading because it could have been sooooo much longer. Ironic isn't it?

You're probably right. Still, just to be clear to everyone, Jason said he has already written the review and that it will be up "soon."

I'm petitioning that he put it up SOONER. :-)

I hope nobody thinks we're serious here; this is all in good fun. Jason, you're doing great with the new site!!

Archived