DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Super Spoiler PoV

Luckers

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't buy the prologue but read your spoilers, can someone explain balescream really quick?

Remember the sense of wrongness witnesses feel immediately after the use of balefire? Graendal refers to that sensation as balescream, and explains (to herself :P) that it was called that because it's as if the Pattern is groaning in pain as it is forcibly realigned to maintain the proper etiquette of causality. Smaller applications of balefire may result in balegrunt, balesnort, and balesniffle.

Things I loved about this:

1. Graendal didn't die in TGS!!

2. Though Graendal did survive, she was scared nearly senseless by Rand's "cleverness." I loved that, even though she did escape, it wasn't because she knew anything up to that point, she didn't out-clever him, she just got lucky and escaped in the nick-of-time. Props to Rand for his awesomeness; though now someone (Please be Elayne) will get it now.

3. Balescream (sounded less like an RJ word, and more like a BWS word, but I loved it either way).

4. The bird weave

5. The first female to use the TP that we've seen (as far as we know)

6. A bit more explanation of the TP

Now I am convinced that Graendal will certainly die in this book. She will probably be one of the prominent Forsaken in this book, and I wouldn't be surprised if Elayne or Thom or Mat is the one to actually kill her (though Moiraine or Birgitte would be cool too)

2. Though Graendal did survive, she was scared nearly senseless by Rand's "cleverness." I loved that, even though she did escape, it wasn't because she knew anything up to that point, she didn't out-clever him, she just got lucky and escaped in the nick-of-time. Props to Rand for his awesomeness; though now someone (Please be Elayne) will get it now.

She wasn't lucky. She was careful. Very careful. It paid out this time.

She wasn't lucky. She was careful. Very careful. It paid out this time.

Indeed, and she did outwit him. She figured it out, and escaped, and tricked him at the same time. I also found it funny that she accredited him finding her to him, when it was Nynaeve.

She was lucky. She didn't figure out the balefire thing until the last minute, which leaves me wondering why she had Delana do the Compulsion in the first place. Makes no sense. There was an explanation given for Aran'gar, but Delana? In retrospect, it has holes in it.

So maybe we see Seanchan now? Given that Graendel arrived in the morning while it was early evening in Arad Domon?

That was the first Gateway that she opened. She let that one close when Aran'gar surprised her. The second one she created and used left her on a ridge behind where Natin;s Barrow used to be. She may still go there, but I don't see why.

She was lucky. She didn't figure out the balefire thing until the last minute, which leaves me wondering why she had Delana do the Compulsion in the first place. Makes no sense. There was an explanation given for Aran'gar, but Delana? In retrospect, it has holes in it.

You do realise that figuring it out means she... you know... figured it out. As for the compulsion--Graendal employs redundency--she knew something was up, if not what, so she changed the game.

You do realise that figuring it out means she... you know... figured it out.

Doesn't change the fact that she was lucky....and the changing the game thing is kinda weak, IMO. It took a second read to be sure she hadn't figured it out until the last minute; the use of Delana strongly suggested otherwise.

Archived